Football: What goes up, must come down.

54 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

If I were a neutral I'd probably watch Dormund-City, but sadly I'm going to have to watch Liverpool.

Why would you want to watch the lop-sided draw over the more evenly matched one?

For all the fun and potential that Dortmund team has, it lacks character/a spine/resilience to make the tie interesting. Whenever they've met resistance or have had to fight back, this season, they just faltered. That's the key weakness of that team. Now they are up against superior footballing side. This isn't gonna end well. Ofc, you can hope for one of those Guardiola CL QF screw ups, but this is just not gonna happen.

I could make a few comment prediction for the Liverpool game, mostly built around the supposed uselessness of Firmino.

Klopp needs to sub out one of Keita or Wijnaldum for Thiago.

Vinicius is pretty good right up until he gets to the final third. His decision making is almost as atrocious as his crossing/shooting.

ETA. of fucking course, as soon as I type that out Vinicius goes and scores. I stand by my statement though.

That should've been a penalty. Liverpool get lucky there.

ETA. Just flipped over to the City game and Ederson got so fucking lucky. That was not a foul on him whatsoever. If anything, he kicked Bellingham. Dortmund denied a perfectly legitimate goal and Ederson saved from embarrassment.

The whole defence have been poor because the midfield have offered no protection, as well as not being able to keep the ball, or wanting it for that matter. TAA has no one to pass to and is under constant pressure, so mistakes.

It's worse too as we have Phillips and Kabak at the back - they have very little quality on the ball, so there's not much chance of one of the playing Salah or Mane through on the break.

As much as Milner is past it, he'd do a much better job than Wijnaldum tonight because he'd show for the ball.

TAA was in for both goals.

First goal was him and Philips not being able to cut out Kroos pass or stopping Vinicius Junior.

Second goal was entirely on him. The underpowered header back to Alisson was just one big howler.

Archived