What is the asoiaf-fanbase called?

Falcon2909

On 2/12/2022 at 3:20 PM, Adam Targaryen said:

Returning to the actual question about a potential name for the ASOIAF fandom (instead of discussing Jar Jar Binks for two pages):

We have a sacred obligation to talk about Jar Jar. 

I don't believe I've ever spoken about a Jar Jar/Padme fic in a fic (it was set on the ISD Chimaera)I found. IIRC, it was called Naboo Nights: An Erotic Gungan Thriller.

On 1/7/2022 at 7:16 PM, Falcon2909 said:

Star trek fans are called Trekkies, harry potter fans are potterheads, what about asoiaf fans?

Given the ridiculous amount of time since the last installment, I can only think of one title that we could all fit.

GRRM Fans = Watchers on the Wall. 

The rest of the world thinks we're silly and wasting our time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 12:50 PM, Brother Seamus said:

I always thought it was "in the darkest depths of mordor."

That's funny, my people are from St. Pete though I grew up in Cape Coral.  I am famous for mishearing lyrics.  Bad moon on the rise?  I heard bathroom on the right.  Never understood why anyone would sing a song about bathrooms.  It's been darkest steps of Mordor since my first hearing.  Correction won't change it after 50 years, this is what I sing when I sing it, Brother.  Rock on with your correct self!  

On 11/28/2022 at 7:58 AM, Ring3r said:

Given the ridiculous amount of time since the last installment, I can only think of one title that we could all fit.

GRRM Fans = Watchers on the Wall. 

The rest of the world thinks we're silly and wasting our time.

thats not bad but I like Icefires or maybe IceDragons

I still like "Thronies."  Yes, it relates more to the TV show than the books; but it has the advantage that most non-fans will intuitively guess its meaning as soon as they hear it. 

And personally, BTW, I don't hate the show.  It's obviously inferior to the books, but that's usually the case when a book is translated into a movie or TV show.  And I might never have read the books if I hadn't seen the show first.  The show has been the target of a lot of contempt on this forum; but I wonder how many readers actually don't hate it, and feel more the way I do about it.

Archived