Football: Red Card for the Roman Empire

A Horse Named Stranger

4 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

Also, there's potential news about Arsenal I forgot to mention yesterday: during the Brazil vs Chile game, the reporter that follows the Seleção (Eric Faria) said that Brazil's manager Tite, who will leave after the World Cup, is in very early talks with Arsenal to take over the club in 2023 . Tite worked with Edu Gaspar when the latter worked for Brazil, and was also his manager when he was still playing. If this is true, I can only assume Arsenal is expecting or suspecting Arteta will take over City when Guardiola is leaving.

I don't think City are thinking about Guardiola's replacement at the moment. The last reports were that Guardiola is considering staying beyond 2023 and City's #1 priority is to convince him to do so.

Too early for Henke Larsson in '92, that team was Ravelli at the back and Brolin / Dahlin in attack, plus the one I remember - the very scary-looking Ingesson in midfield :D

And I've not given up, but my mind simply doesn't give me any clues as to the last team.

20 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Also Denmark, who failed to qualify for the Euros, before getting invited to replace Yugoslavia, only to go and win the bloody thing.

Wasn't that quite a strong Danish team, though? The Greek team from 2004 had no stars in it.

21 hours ago, The Young Maester said:

We’ve never seen an underdog win a World Cup. Its always been a strong team. 

I know it's going back a really long way but West Germany in 1954 were very much an underdog, they were not a strong football nation back then and everyone expected Hungary to win that world cup.

Archived