Football: Red Card for the Roman Empire

A Horse Named Stranger

Since the old thread is past the 20 page mark, and none of you lazies could be arsed to start a new one.

The travel expenses for the Lille game is one problem for Chelsky. The bigger one is, that they can't do any business/offer contracts.

So right now, they can't even offer Rüdiger, Christensen and the Spaniard (whose name is way too long for me to be bothered to remember it) new contracts even if they wanted to. So this is gonna be an entertaining sideshow for the next few weeks (maybe months). 

47 minutes ago, Raja said:

Someone open a third thread, quick

No need to, agent mormont was already on the job to finalize the merger of the two threads (sounds so much nicer than hostile take over, doesn't it). 

She's authored a British cook book. Ofc that's a crime against humanity.

I mean, in a civilized society you never hear this sentence:

"There is this fabulous new English Restaurant, we should try to get a table there."

24 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

"There is this fabulous new English Restaurant, we should try to get a table there."

Pot, meet kettle much?

2 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

She's authored a British cook book. Ofc that's a crime against humanity.

Mate, you're German.

1 hour ago, The Young Maester said:

Chelsea about to lose its sponsors. And they can’t sell merchandise nor sell tickets. Spending is limited and they can’t take loans.

If Roman dosent sell soon. Chelsea might head into administration.

How exactly is he suppose to sell soon? The sanctions at first glance disincentivize him from doing just that.

26 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

How exactly is he suppose to sell soon? The sanctions at first glance disincentivize him from doing just that.

I guess his only choices are watch his club die, or give it away for free.
A football fan or a stubborn oligarch. 

21 minutes ago, The Young Maester said:

I guess his only choices are watch his club die, or give it away for free.
A football fan or a stubborn oligarch. 

Neither of which will happen. Maybe a third party can conduct all the transactions, but that's still going to slow down the sale. It would have been better to just make it easy for it to happen and be done with it. Now they've set a dangerous precedent, because everyone in the PL is close to MBS. Should have thought that one over a bit more methinks...

42 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Neither of which will happen. Maybe a third party can conduct all the transactions, but that's still going to slow down the sale. It would have been better to just make it easy for it to happen and be done with it. Now they've set a dangerous precedent, because everyone in the PL is close to MBS. Should have thought that one over a bit more methinks...

Are your referring to the uk government being too hasty? The Saudis are still friendly with the west so I don’t expect anything to happen. But if Chelsea does go into administration it will send a massive shockwave throughout European football since now people will have to worry about the nationality of a football club owner.

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Mate, you're German.

Right, and I am looking at the English cuisine with a mixture of morbid curiosity and horror. That's all you need to know.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Can he actually sell the club right now (legally), is a much better question. His assets (including Chelsea FC) are frozen. Him turning that asset into money, intuitively I would guess that's not really an option.

Only way this could potentially work: court appoints a trustee for the time being to keep the proverbial lights on, and organize the sale. The money from the sale goes into an escrow, that Abramovich can't access, while the sanctions are in place.

It's probably way more complcated than this, but what is really not happening: him selling the club and walking away with the money.

My understanding is that Abramovich can't sell the club right now without approval from the UK government. He also cannot receive any money from the sale of the club, meaning that he can basically only sell if he gives the money to someone else (unlikely that the UK government would permit this to be a related third party or an arrangement where Abramovich could claim the money later). The UK government can vary the terms of the license at any time, though.

10 hours ago, MercenaryChef said:

naturally our mod picks a title that doesn't give glory to newcastle. they like so many of you other wretches (if you are offended by this assume you are in the category) have been against newcastle since I've been part of this forum. 

Hey, we all love the fanbase that brought us "punch that horse in the head" move.

Archived