Fandom Phases

31 minutes ago, The Bard of Banefort said:

Did I mention “x is Azhor Ahai confirmed”? That was a big one for a while.

The subreddits are back up again, but that little act that the mods pulled definitely killed a lot of activity. Not to mention that you can’t even look at Twitter now without an account. The fandom feels dead now in the way it never did before; whatever energy HOTD jolted back into it has dissipated. It’s so sad seeing how far we’ve fallen :crying: 

I find asoiaf/GoT/HotD Twitter to be more appalling than asoiaf/r. The fights on reddit are at least somewhat entertaining. The fights on Twitter make me want to stick my face into acid.

24 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

The one that was going on for the last year and a half(maybe more), “Hurr Durr Dany Supah, Jon evil burn the Starks!” seems to be mostly over as well. Those accounts rarely visit now and when they do, not even two at the same time.

I could totally be wrong here, and I probably am, but there are times when I wonder if some of the anti-Starkers on here are running multiple accounts. Every time I read their posts, they all sound the same. The way they write, how they express their thoughts and opinions are extremely similar. Short and abrupt sentences, and each one delivered as a proclamation.

"Daenerys is Azor Ahai. She will be the one to bring the Dawn. Her dragons will feast on Stark flesh. Westeros will rejoice at her coming!" Stuff like that.

9 minutes ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

"Daenerys is Azor Ahai. She will be the one to bring the Dawn. Her dragons will feast on Stark flesh. Westeros will rejoice at her coming!" Stuff like that.

Robb Stark, Robert and Jon ruined Westeros. Daenerys will be the one to liberate Westeros from the Starks and White Walkers. Daenerys is very, very capable and a great leader.

1 hour ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

I find asoiaf/GoT/HotD Twitter to be more appalling than asoiaf/r. The fights on reddit are at least somewhat entertaining. The fights on Twitter make me want to stick my face into acid.

But Twitter under Space Karen fElon is a vile cesspool anyway, I always feel like sticking my face into acid whenever I’m there (loooooooove the sticking one’s face into acid, will be using it a lot now, cheers for that!), it’s not just ASoIaF Twitter. :dunno:
Mastodon has a small community, nice people. 

I actually found most of the changes under Elon to be fine—the blue checks thing is stupid, but I don’t think having looser restrictions is bad when you can always just block/mute someone you don’t like. But preventing anyone without an account from viewing Twitter is just stupid. If you want to make more money, just do more ads. 

Twitter is very toxic, but it was probably the easiest place to get news about the Wonderful World of Westeros. But then again, there isn’t much new these days. . .