MMA/Boxing

Chad Vader

There's a pretty cracking boxing card out of Japan this morning. It's at 5am Eastern, 10am UK time, so I assume most people will be either asleep or at work (like me unfortunately), but if you're not I highly recommend seeking it out. Kenshiro Teraji vs Hekke Budler, with Junto Nakatani as a co-main. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yeah, that was pretty wild. Ngannou looked shockingly good and poised all things considered, and Fury looked like he barely trained for this fight. I still had Fury winning by a wider margin than was actually judged, but it was obviously way closer than we all thought possible. And a fucking knockdown to boot!

• 1 month later...

Ugly late stoppage in the Turner/Green fight. In my opinion, when a fighter drops face first like that, with no attempt  to put his hands up, the fight is done. I would have had no problem with it being called right there. I doubt anyone but Dominic Cruz would have. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Wilder has lost pretty much every meaningful fight he has had. AJ looked better. 

Wilder was always very limited other than the knockout power. If that’s fading he’s just not very good anymore. 

I’m sure Joshua would have preferred he won though. That was the big money fight they were angling for.

• 2 weeks later...

2024 is gonna have its work cut out if it's gonna try and match all the great moments we had in 23. 

Tank Davis vs Bud Crawford- They are close enough in weight to make this happen. We need it before they are out of their prime.

Usyk vs Fury- Not sure how I feel about this but I'd watch

Beiterbiev vs  Bivol - I need this fight

Tank isn't even remotely close to Crawford's level. He'd get fucking creamed even if he wasn't giving up a huge size advantage.

Bam vs Estrada, if it comes together, should be good, especially if Estrada's time out serves to keep an old man a bit fresher rather than cause ringrust.

Benavidez vs Canelo would be great, even though I don't really believe Canelo will take it.

Subriel Matias vs either one of Haney or Lopez would be very interesting, and it'd be good to see Gary Antoine Russel finally step up to world level too.

Of course, the really big fight to campaign for is at featherweight, where if the cards fall right we could see the 6 foot 1 Rafael Espinoza fight the 5 foot 2 Nick Ball.

• 2 weeks later...

UFC 297 should be interesting. I still don't get why they put a woman's fight as the co-main of a PPV. I don't care if it's for a belt, neither of these woman are a draw and all we will get is a 15 min decision. Mallot vs Magny- Magny is the gatekeeper at welterweight and he's fighting a hometown favorite. Mallot gets a chance to see if he's worthy of a # next to his name. Chris Curtis will destroy Barriault but I really wanna see Allen vs Evolev as Evolev has a lot of hype and his win over Diego Lopes has aged extremely well. Charles Jourdain is a lock to beat Woodson.