What if Valyrians Attempted to Invade During Theon the Hungry Wolf's Reign?

Corvo the Crow

As the title says, the guy has fended off invasions against all sorts of foreign invasions in a single life time and took the fight to their lands, with style! 

I think he may have been the reason Valyrians only occupied a few isolated posts on small islands and not attempted to invade Westeros. Even their outposts are as far away from the North as possible, Vale also has islands but they have no outposts there, Theon fighting in the Vale must've frightened them.

Edited by Corvo the Crow

Literally everyone teams up to stop the proto-fascist, incestuous, genocidal, demon worshippers. They will have noticed what happened to the Rhoynar given Andals went to Westeros to escape Valyrians. Whether they win though depends on if they have good magic.

57 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I think he may have been the reason Valyrians only occupied a few isolated posts on small islands and not attempted to invade Westeros.

As far as I recall they did not invade Westeros because of a prophecy that the gold of the West would destroy them.

35 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Andals went to Westeros to escape Valyrians.

Even the Andals themselves were attacked by the dragonlords, in their homelands around Pentos IIRC. Not that Theon would like the Andals more just cuz they were running from another invasion when the Andals were invading Westeros.

8 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Possible, but why else would they not invade? 

Pre andal id ssy its first men + children magic put them off

After that? Who knows we do know oldteons hightower base was called battle isle and its said an early hightower chased off an infestation of dragons!!

Just now, James Steller said:

You might as well ask why the Chinese emperors never sailed east and colonised the Americas before the Europeans did. 

Because they lacked the naval technology, were being invaded by nomads, internal issues, no desire to expand/'inwards perfection'...? European exploration/colonialism was spurred on by silk road and associated Eastern trade routes being restricted by Ottomans.

Valyrian more closely resembles Rome anyway, and once Rome stopped expanding/getting more slaves they slowly began to fall apart.

13 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

As the title says, the guy has fended off invasions against all sorts of foreign invasions in a single life time and took the fight to their lands, with style! 

I think he may have been the reason Valyrians only occupied a few isolated posts on small islands and not attempted to invade Westeros. Even their outposts are as far away from the North as possible, Vale also has islands but they have no outposts there, Theon fighting in the Vale must've frightened them.

That is giving the hungry wolf too much credit. Winterfell would melt like chocolate when the Valyrians attack with their dragons. The north has little value. Not worth the effort from the Dragonlords. Hungry wolf would soon become burned wolf. 

11 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

Possible, but why else would they not invade? 

My theory is that reason why Hardhome was destroyed was failed Valyrian raid. Or they invaded HH but local wargs defended themselves by trying to take over invading dragons which made those dragons mad and everybody and everything was burned down by those rampaging mad dragons. Naturally including most of invading Valyrians. So for Dragon Lords Westeros seemed to be a place where dragons go mad.

10 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

That is giving the hungry wolf too much credit. Winterfell would melt like chocolate when the Valyrians attack with their dragons. The north has little value. Not worth the effort from the Dragonlords. Hungry wolf would soon become burned wolf. 

I actually have to agree with you to an extent. Dragons were flying cheat codes. The might of dragons would’ve conquered Westeros. The dragonlords owe all they are to them. They were nothing without their dragons. It’s safe to say the Valyrians and Targs would still be balls deep in their sheep without the dragons.

3 hours ago, Jon Snowfyre said:

I actually have to agree with you to an extent. Dragons were flying cheat codes. The might of dragons would’ve conquered Westeros. The dragonlords owe all they are to them. They were nothing without their dragons. It’s safe to say the Valyrians and Targs would still be balls deep in their sheep without the dragons.

3 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

Valyrians without dragons are just a blond-haired worse version of the Lhazareen.

I wonder, if the dragons caused an excessive loss of sheep and it is this the lack of easy access to sheep that facilitated the practice of incest.