Football: So it begins

Raja

Guardiola has confirmed that KdB's injury is serious and that he will be out for months. Whether he requires surgery will be determined in the next few days. Also confirms that Bayern have expressed interest in their GK Stefan Ortega but City are not interested in either a sale or loan.

Not that surprising. Bayern want another cover now after the departure of Sommer (Inter), Nübel (Stuttgart loan) and Schenk (Münster Loan).

Also not surprising they turn to Ortega (Bundesliga experience, good goalkeeper, he was a candidate, when he joined City).

Also not surprising that City are not interested (good goalkeeper, who knows his role (professional who doesn't have tantrums about not playing enough)).

Keep spilling that money over the bar Boehly.

In other news, Messi counties to club baby seals over here. I wonder if he'll open the floodgates for younger stars to consider MLS. They can't pay the same wages, but teams can offer ownership stakes which may prove quite valuable over the long run since relegation isn't a concern and the potential endorsement money will be massive for top players. I've seen a few reports that Neymar structured his deal in a way which would allow him to come here before the WC which he's expressed interest in. If this happens and becomes more common MLS might bypass MLB and get close to on par with the NBA (nothing will surpass the NFL here though I think it's silly the league thinks they can expand to Europe. Not happening).