Westeros Football League A

Whiskeyjack

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

@Whiskeyjack, were invites not sent out? I went to check a moment ago and it still is showing me last year without an update like the other leagues. 

It looks the same as the other leagues to me.  And you are in there, with a "joined via renew' note, so should have been automatic.

Not sure what would be causing a problem.

32 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

It looks the same as the other leagues to me.  And you are in there, with a "joined via renew' note, so should have been automatic.

Not sure what would be causing a problem.

I restarted my laptop and I think we're good. I'll message you if there's an issue when the draft portal opens. Idk why previously it just kept showing me what happened last year. 

Curious to see how this goes.

QB - L. Jackson, J. Love (D. Ridder)

WR - DK Metcalf, C Ridley, C. Godwin, V. Jefferson (J. Williams, J Addison, S. Moore, Q. Johnston, R. Doubs, J. Ross)

RB - S. Barkley, J. Williams, R. White (A. Kamara, S. Perine, Z. Charbonnet, D. Achane)

TE - Kyle Pitts

K - Don't worry about it

D/ST - New England

I screwed up with taking both Charbonnet + Addison and didn't have enough to bid on Sutton, who was at the top of my queue when he was nominated. Classic mid-draft attention lapse. Will be an interesting team, my goal coming in was to leave with Jackson, Love, one of McCaffery/Chubb/Barkley, and White; I got there but ended up too light on WR4; will need one of the dart throws to come through.

I'm happy with my team.  But at the same time, didn't really execute the plan I wanted to try out for my last draft.

QB - T.Lawrence, G.Smith (R.Tannehill)
RB - B.Robinson, A.Mattison, J.Dobbins (J.Warren, T.Allgeier, T.Spears, S.Tucker)
WR - A.Brown, G.Wilson, J.Dotson, G.Pickens (J.Smith-Njigba, M.Mims, J.Mingo, J.Reed, J.Hyatt)
TE - P.Freiermuth
K - J.Myers
DEF - Baltimore

It might be the most balanced team I drafted this year.  But the hope had been to try a more QB heavy approach in this one, and see what I could come up with to fill out RB + WR.  Based on other drafts, felt like there was an opportunity to do that and still build an interesting team. 

Problem was, a few other people had similar ideas.  Bronn ended up doing it well (though with different RB/WR than I was targeting), and after I let the top guys go, my hope that the next tier would be cheaper ended up crashing and burning.  Knew it was 50/50 at best - QB prices were pretty low in this league last year, but there is a different landscape this season.  Other than a few random discounts (i.e. 2nd tier WR in W-C), pricing on QB + WR was very strong, while most deals came among RB.

Other thing I thought was interesting about both this draft and Experts is that a lot of people held money for a long time, so there were fewer steals in the late game.  In general, players went for fair prices until close to the end.  Was different in W-C, possibly because we had somebody who came 10 minutes late (after the autodraft spent a lot of his money) plus a couple of others who started very aggressive.

Overall, feeling kind of burnt out on drafting and fantasy football in general, so I'm happy to have it wrapped up, even if I never put together the exact team I wanted in any league this year.  Think my best team would likely be W-C, if not for the fact that Kupp had a setback with his injury the day after the draft.  Taking that into account, think they are all fairly even, at least for now.

I like both those teams, and agree with @Whiskeyjack, I was hoping to hunt some of the top QBs, but they went for really high prices. 

QB - Icky Man, Wilson (Carr, Mayfield, Murray (he's worth the flier when you can immediately stash him))

RB - Chubb, Harris, Cook (Dillon, Penny the other Cook)

WR - Adams, Deebo, Jeudy, McLarin (Juju, Lazard, Thielen, Odell)

TE - Goedert

K- Tucker

Def- Jets

Overall I think this is a solid team. QB isn't the best, but I have five guys and my options at the skill positions are great plus I got Tuck for $1. 

Good luck everyone. 

Thanks.  Considering how utterly disconnected from the NFL I am these days (my team abandoned me so I abandoned them and even this year, baseball is life), I am pretty satisfied.  I managed to execute big end QB early then watched with amazement when 5 more went in the high $30s or greater.  I definitely fumbled QB bye weeks when I grabbed Mac Jones, not noticing he had the same bye week as Mahomes, whom I intended to get at any price.

TE is a crap shoot and RB/WR are weak but WR is deep and Taylor lurks. 
I almost always stream defenses, just this year I will do so from a list of 2, both nominated early by Tywin.
I also hedged my W-B team by getting Mitchell here at least.

QB: Hurts, Mahomes (M. Jones, Garoppolo)
RB:  A. Jones, Conner, K. Herbert (E. Mitchell, D. Harris, E. Elliott, J. Taylor)
WR: Hopkins, Evans, Aiyuk, Kirk,  (Toney, Pittman, M. Thomas) - I have the 2019 title locked in TIGHT here
TE: Kittle (now Kmet, after putting Taylor on IR)
K: T. Bass
DT: SF, Philly

3 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

QB: Hurts, Mahomes (M. Jones, Garoppolo)

You went with my strategy.  I had Mahomes/Hurts in two leagues last year and it is very forgiving of other roster deficiencies.  I have Mahomes in the other 2 leagues I drafted (and have him in Dynasty), so I  figured I would pass in this one.  But my strategy this year was also get Mahomes for whatever he costs.  I hope it works for you here :)

Edited by grozeng

Still need one more for Dynasty.  Even if you can just draft and then I can transfer the team to another email and we just put in the highest scoring roster each week based on Yahoo.  We can't draft with one team auto-drafting an auction.

So anyone just want to help out and draft a team?  It would be a brand new team with almost a full budget, so you could basically do whatever you want.

Draft is Friday at 9:30pm as of right now, but could change to next week and we skip week 1 if we don't find someone.

One last ditch effort (until next week if this does not work).  We just need one owner to draft.  No long term commitment.  Right after the draft, I will switch the league to a generic email (or we can do that before and you just login) and then I will edit the lineups during the season based on Yahoo projected points.

So if anyone has time Friday for one last draft, please consider helping us out!!

• 1 month later...

Lost by 0.8 points.  I was down by 50 going into Monday night but had Cousins, Purdy and McCaffery against Hockenson.  That last Purdy INT cost me the win.

I lost by 0.5 points earlier in the year in another league.  I prefer getting blown out to these close losses.

1 hour ago, grozeng said:

Lost by 0.8 points.  I was down by 50 going into Monday night but had Cousins, Purdy and McCaffery against Hockenson.  That last Purdy INT cost me the win.

I lost by 0.5 points earlier in the year in another league.  I prefer getting blown out to these close losses.

I thought I was dead in the water after the Purdy to C-Mac double TD. You pulled ahead and then Purdy threw a pick which rekindled a smidge of hope. You pulled ahead again but Purdy was going to get the ball back with time remaining and he was just reckless enough all night held out a sliver of hope he would bail me out one more time and bam he did not disappoint. 

• 2 weeks later...

Lost again because I am stupid.  I thought I was putting in Gus Edwards for Darrel Henderson and it turns out it was the other way around.  I lost by 5 points.  So now I have losses by 0.6, 5 and 6 points.  Most points scored and in 6th place.

I love fantasy football.

Sorry it took so long for me to accept, Bronn.  I saw the trade, looked at your lineup, saw you had one QB and hit accept.  I probably would have countered to see if I could have had Taysom Hill instead, but didn't want to take more time, so just accepted once i saw it.

2 hours ago, grozeng said:

Sorry it took so long for me to accept, Bronn.  I saw the trade, looked at your lineup, saw you had one QB and hit accept.  I probably would have countered to see if I could have had Taysom Hill instead, but didn't want to take more time, so just accepted once i saw it.

I wish you had - then I would not have played Taysom. :)