TTTNE..." title" more research is needed

rocksniffer

On 11/6/2023 at 8:35 AM, Buckwheat said:

Bleh. Sick. Staying at home for at least two days and hope it improves. I was supposed to go back to work today, and instead I am staying home feeling crappy.

Ah no! Hope you are doing much better by now. 

1 hour ago, Ser Lany said:

Hello!  I realized recently how much I missed the board, so here I am.  

Yay! How have you been?

4 hours ago, Ser Lany said:

Hello!  I realized recently how much I missed the board, so here I am.  

Lany! I hope you are the right Lany at least. ;) What happened to your account?

2 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Ah no! Hope you are doing much better by now. 

Yes, it lasted for two days, then I went back to work on Wednesday. I am exhausted now after two long days at work though.

How are you, RB?

16 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes, it lasted for two days, then I went back to work on Wednesday. I am exhausted now after two long days at work though.

How are you, RB?

Aw that’s nice to hear! If you rest up at the weekend, I’m sure you’ll be at full energy by Monday too. 

I’m all right. Life is life. September to December is a rather crazy period at work. I had some time off recently, which felt great at the time, though it made going back to work twice as bad.  I have all the Christmas gift ideas lined up in my head but no time to get started on them. I kinda miss summer and having 4 hours of consecutive free time instead of living on a to do list that lasts till next March. My grandma died last weekend, we are having the funeral tomorrow. What else? I’m making doggy advent calendars. And I have a couple home improvement projects in progress or pending as well. 
how are you? How’s the gentleman, how’s the dissertation? 

On 11/10/2023 at 12:48 PM, RhaenysBee said:

Aw that’s nice to hear! If you rest up at the weekend, I’m sure you’ll be at full energy by Monday too.

Thanks! I hope you have a relaxing weekend too. I just visited a friend and her family.

I have all the Christmas gift ideas lined up in my head but no time to get started on them.

:o What is your magic? I haven't even started gathering and New Year's gift ideas (I am used to presents at New Year) and I almost never have any ideas about what to buy people. You seem to have so many ideas for everybody's gift, maybe you should open a business offering ideas for people. I would hire you. :lol:

My grandma died last weekend, we are having the funeral tomorrow.

My sincerest condolences. :grouphug:

What else? I’m making doggy advent calendars. And I have a couple home improvement projects in progress or pending as well. 
how are you? How’s the gentleman, how’s the dissertation? 

You seem to be busy.

I am busy, everything is good with the gentleman, I just hope I finish with the dissertation soon ... but as soon as the new school year started for real, I ran out if time to work on it for any significant time, sadly. I really need to finish the thing.

On 11/11/2023 at 8:23 PM, Buckwheat said:

Thanks! I hope you have a relaxing weekend too. I just visited a friend and her family.

Well not relaxing but I did manage to get some serotonin in so that helped :lol:  sounds like a nice weekend for you! Did you and the friend do anything special? 

What is your magic? I haven't even started gathering and New Year's gift ideas (I am used to presents at New Year) and I almost never have any ideas about what to buy people. You seem to have so many ideas for everybody's gift, maybe you should open a business offering ideas for people. I would hire you. :lol:

Ahahahaha, I don’t think so, you’d be a dissatisfied customer I’m afraid:lol: I struggle a lot with ideas and I often misjudge how a gift will be received, or run out of time/money to bring the idea to life. But here’s my gift plan to see if it inspires you :D 
 I wanted to cross stitch custom book marks for friends and put together a little gift bag with a couple tea bags, the bookmark, mini candles,  bookstore gift card - already running out of time to get started on the projects.
*I want to get some office upgrade furniture/accessories for my mum, but will likely end up just getting the IKEA gift card. 
*my dad hunts (I know I know, poor Bambi, I feel the same, though it’s a super controlled and respectful tradition unlike what one would think) and when he hosts a hunt, it’s always duck. When I was a kid, we played duck hunting Nintendo game together too, it’s a whole thing, so I have a duck hunt stitching project that I want to frame and give him. In the likely event  that this is only finished for his birthday, it’ll be a gazillionth antique book.
*sister gets a magazine subscription 
*cousin gets a cake decoration course gift card
*my grandma was gonna get a pop up Christmas card and photo family album with recent photos of us, but that’s not gonna happen anymore
*aunt and uncle will get theatre tickets because I want them to get out more without my cousin 

My sincerest condolences. :grouphug:

Thank you! <3 

am busy, everything is good with the gentleman, I just hope I finish with the dissertation soon ... but as soon as the new school year started for real, I ran out if time to work on it for any significant time, sadly. I really need to finish the thing.

Yep, full time jobs are a b*tch they leave you with no time to do anything interesting/important/useful. Good luck with the dissertation! Will you be traveling to Germany more to work on it? 
great to hear everything’s good with the gentleman and he’s keeping you happy! 

Edited by RhaenysBee

On 11/9/2023 at 10:58 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Yay! How have you been?

Well, I hate everything about Texas except being near my kids and grandkids. I work from home and in truth, rarely leave my house now.

On the plus side, I do have a lovely little house I was able to decorate myself without someone who likes a lot of beige having input :) 

It will get better. I will get better.  But overall, it could be much worse.  (That might be a little too much truth :lol:

On 11/9/2023 at 12:59 PM, Buckwheat said:

Lany! I hope you are the right Lany at least. ;) What happened to your account?

I hope there hasn't been an imposter :)  It's me.  My computer with my original account died and I couldn't remember the password and I don't have access to my original e-mail and I guess at some point I created this account (not that I remember doing so, but this was the only account on the desktop computer). 

Another lovely thing about Texas, I haven't been able to get my ADHD meds and without them I have a lot of short term memory issues.  *sigh*  I could complain about Texas for a week without repeating myself, but I am trying to have a more positive outlook.

I've tried making a few friends. First attempt at ladies was a complete failure.  I tried to start a neighborhood book club, several people kept saying they would come, but no one ever did.

So now I've appealed to the geeks and have a D&D group and we play a couple of times a month. One of the older guys is becoming my friend. Sometimes he stays afterwards and we talk for hours. We've been meeting for 6 months now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 1:55 PM, Ser Lany said:

Well, I hate everything about Texas except being near my kids and grandkids. I work from home and in truth, rarely leave my house now.

On the plus side, I do have a lovely little house I was able to decorate myself without someone who likes a lot of beige having input :) 

It will get better. I will get better.  But overall, it could be much worse.  (That might be a little too much truth :lol:

I hope there hasn't been an imposter :)  It's me.  My computer with my original account died and I couldn't remember the password and I don't have access to my original e-mail and I guess at some point I created this account (not that I remember doing so, but this was the only account on the desktop computer). 

Another lovely thing about Texas, I haven't been able to get my ADHD meds and without them I have a lot of short term memory issues.  *sigh*  I could complain about Texas for a week without repeating myself, but I am trying to have a more positive outlook.

I've tried making a few friends. First attempt at ladies was a complete failure.  I tried to start a neighborhood book club, several people kept saying they would come, but no one ever did.

So now I've appealed to the geeks and have a D&D group and we play a couple of times a month. One of the older guys is becoming my friend. Sometimes he stays afterwards and we talk for hours. We've been meeting for 6 months now.

I hear you about not liking Texas, but the D&D group and the small house to decorate to your taste sound like a decent place to start and hope your feelings for Texas might improve in the future! Med access is super annoying however ://

So what does that non beige home decor style look like? What decor are you enjoying? I still remember your gnome garden from a previous house, which was so impressive! 

And how is Alex doing? Is he in college? Or perhaps it’s been so long he already graduated :uhoh: :lol: 

On 11/13/2023 at 10:28 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Well not relaxing but I did manage to get some serotonin in so that helped :lol:  sounds like a nice weekend for you! Did you and the friend do anything special?

A bit late answer, but not really - we just drank tea and chatted a lot.

Ahahahaha, I don’t think so, you’d be a dissatisfied customer I’m afraid:lol: I struggle a lot with ideas and I often misjudge how a gift will be received, or run out of time/money to bring the idea to life. But here’s my gift plan to see if it inspires you :D 
 I wanted to cross stitch custom book marks for friends and put together a little gift bag with a couple tea bags, the bookmark, mini candles,  bookstore gift card - already running out of time to get started on the projects.
*I want to get some office upgrade furniture/accessories for my mum, but will likely end up just getting the IKEA gift card. 
*my dad hunts (I know I know, poor Bambi, I feel the same, though it’s a super controlled and respectful tradition unlike what one would think) and when he hosts a hunt, it’s always duck. When I was a kid, we played duck hunting Nintendo game together too, it’s a whole thing, so I have a duck hunt stitching project that I want to frame and give him. In the likely event  that this is only finished for his birthday, it’ll be a gazillionth antique book.
*sister gets a magazine subscription 
*cousin gets a cake decoration course gift card
*my grandma was gonna get a pop up Christmas card and photo family album with recent photos of us, but that’s not gonna happen anymore
*aunt and uncle will get theatre tickets because I want them to get out more without my cousin 

The first one does seem like a lot of work, if you want to make more than one of these. :uhoh:

But you seem to have everything thought out and planned already! My brother and I usually gift our parents together and as usual, we have no clue about what to buy for them, this year is no exception. :leaving: I don't even know what to gift the boyfriend. As far as I am concerned, all the gift money we would spend on each other should go to our short trip to Italy in the days between Christmas and New Year - I think the best things to gift somebody are experiences, events, something to do together. He, however, disagrees, because he thinks it needs to be something you can wrap nicely in a big box.

Yep, full time jobs are a b*tch they leave you with no time to do anything interesting/important/useful. Good luck with the dissertation! Will you be traveling to Germany more to work on it? 
great to hear everything’s good with the gentleman and he’s keeping you happy! 

Nah, the trips to Germany for that purpose are supposed to be finished now. I just need to finish writing and then hand it in and then wait for the comments and corrections from the professors and then correct everything again and then hand in the final version and have it printed and bound, and wait for the date of the defense and then pass the defense ... and and and and it still sounds like a LOT.

It will get better. I will get better.  But overall, it could be much worse.  (That might be a little too much truth

Awwwww, sorry about hating your new home. At least you can see your kids and grandkids!

Nope, I don't think there has been any impostor. I hope you manage to retrieve the original account, it would be a shame to lose everything in it.

Oh, terrible about the book club! At least you have this online one you can access any time. ;) But I am glad you at least found some geeks there.

On 11/22/2023 at 6:48 AM, RhaenysBee said:

I hear you about not liking Texas, but the D&D group and the small house to decorate to your taste sound like a decent place to start and hope your feelings for Texas might improve in the future! Med access is super annoying however ://

So what does that non beige home decor style look like? What decor are you enjoying? I still remember your gnome garden from a previous house, which was so impressive! 

And how is Alex doing? Is he in college? Or perhaps it’s been so long he already graduated :uhoh: :lol: 

I went with a Victorian Gothic theme in my main rooms and just lovely, colorful ones in the bed rooms, but I also wanted comfort and fun. The main colors are grey/silver and black with red accents

My walls are a pale grey with just a hit of purple when the sun hits it right. I repainted a lot of my wall decor to black, so it really pops against the walls. I also have red candles/candle holders.

The couch is grey/silver velvet with a curved back and exposed nail heads, Kind of like this. Then there is a chase lounge kinda like this, black velvet, and that silver line is actually nail head on mine. The living room seating is finished off with 2 red wing back chairs that are also recliners, so comfort.  My living room also has bookshelves on 3 walls, so it is very much my happy place. A chest for a table, a fake fireplace and 50" tv complete the room.

The living room and dining room are one open space, which keeps it from feeling too small. I like to think the living room feels cozy, with a nice, close together sitting/conversation area.

I replaced the regular light in the dining room with a silver glass and crystal chandelier and I have an absolutely massive dining room table. Seats 10, 12 if you're friendly. All holiday meals are at my place. My table also has a secret, the top comes off and it is a full sized pool table. The chairs for the table and the breakfast bar are also black velvet with silver nail heads

When the grandsons are over (one or two weekends a month) I also hang a magnetic dart board.  I joke about what a good Grammy I am, teaching them pub games :D 

The master bedroom has 3 light green walls and one light purple, fancy white ruffled curtains and a duvet cover that has bright watercolor flowers. I wanted a garden feel, but my middle child says it is more "pretty pretty princess" feeling

I originally did the main guest room in light green and had all my tree pictures and duvet cover in there. it was lovely. Then Alex moved in with me and we painted it a dull blue-grey color and now it's dark.  Worse part is, he had moved out of that room and into what was my office.

I have a room for the grandsons, with a set of bunk beds, and Mario decor

My former office is painted a bright peacock blue, has a peacock feather duvet on the twin bed in there and was a cheery happy place to work.

I am sure I have done a very bad job of describing things, so I will try and access my Imgar account and upload some actual pictures

Edited by Ser Lany

Looks like I already did an Imgur folder.  My memory isn't what it used to be :) 

ETA:  Hall Bathroom (defiantly in the "fun" category)

Bedrooms first couple were the guest room, then one of the office and one of my bedroom

ETAA: My house is like the Tardis, bigger on the inside.  It's not exactly small, with 4 bedrooms, I know, but it looks really small from the outside, and there isn't a family room or basement, so it is a bit smaller than my previous house

Edited by Ser Lany

Great to see all the pictures, Lany!

The gentlemanperson and I are currently discussing moving in together/looking for an actually affordable place to live in, which is very tricky, but I do hope we manage to find something soon-ish. I think I have had enough of my tiny flat in the tiny town I work in - I love living so close to work that I can walk there every day, but the ants are getting on my nerves. And plenty of other things about this flat too, to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

*pokes thread*

I am soooooo busy. Last week and this week, I am staying late at work almost every day and working more at home in the evenings ... and last Saturday and this coming Saturday, I also have some seminars to attend, so I am not even getting proper weekends. I cannot wait for the holidays - just over a week and then I get one week off, yay.

Don't forget to contribute to the board Christmas tree - link in my signature!

A very happy Christmas to everybody who celebrates! :cheers: 

@Ser Lany the house looks so cool and creative! Very much what I would imagine to be your brainchild. And great to see that you’re living all the home decor fantasies! :commie: 

I’m doing absolutely nothing and feeling even less. I don’t like Christmas. - yes, I said that, and I know my ten years ago self wouldn’t believe we are the same person. Well we aren’t, bless her heart. But yeah, I’m officially past my Christmas is fun era. Still, I hope most people love and enjoy it as much as I used to.

I’ll stop being philosophical because I’m two sentences from bawling my eyes out. I will probably turn off the fireplace asmr on tv and go to bed. 

update: I got out of my head and went to bed and I’m just on my phone (still better than in my head). Might read a bit. I’m rereading Harry Potter because it makes me fuzzy and warm like nothing else. 

Edited by RhaenysBee

On 12/21/2023 at 4:21 PM, Buckwheat said:

Fomney! Hi! What is that is making life very good for you? ;)

Hey Buck. Well I started a new job, which allowed me to quit the job I didn't like, and I'm finally making enough to start saving some money instead of just spending.  And it's at my old school (the journalism academy) so I'm working together with a lot of old classmates and teachers.

And besides that, I'm rereading Robin Hobb right now (I'm on Fool's Fate) with warm coffee and warm bread, so life is pretty good ;) 

I haven't kept up with the thread, how have you been doing?

Edited by First of My Name

On 12/24/2023 at 9:44 PM, RhaenysBee said:

I’m doing absolutely nothing and feeling even less. I don’t like Christmas. - yes, I said that, and I know my ten years ago self wouldn’t believe we are the same person. Well we aren’t, bless her heart. But yeah, I’m officially past my Christmas is fun era. Still, I hope most people love and enjoy it as much as I used to.

I’ll stop being philosophical because I’m two sentences from bawling my eyes out. I will probably turn off the fireplace asmr on tv and go to bed. 

:grouphug: Find comfort in small things.

On 12/24/2023 at 9:44 PM, RhaenysBee said:

update: I got out of my head and went to bed and I’m just on my phone (still better than in my head). Might read a bit. I’m rereading Harry Potter because it makes me fuzzy and warm like nothing else. 

Harry Potter is a good way to make yourself feel better. Now it is a few days after your post, I hope you are feeling much better now.

7 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Hey Buck. Well I started a new job, which allowed me to quit the job I didn't like, and I'm finally making enough to start saving some money instead of just spending.  And it's at my old school (the journalism academy) so I'm working together with a lot of old classmates and teachers.

Yay! What is the new job about?

Unfortunately, it is mainly just RhaeB and myself keeping the thread around these days, and we are also sometimes too busy to post. Myself, I still work as a teacher - for the fourth year in the same secondary school. But this week I have a vacation and I am visiting Italy for a few days.

And besides that, I'm rereading Robin Hobb right now (I'm on Fool's Fate) with warm coffee and warm bread, so life is pretty good ;) 

Congrats on the new job!!! Aw saving… I have vague memories of what that felt like… :lol: joke aside, way to go! 

ah book, hot beverage, sounds like heaven! 

24 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

:grouphug: Find comfort in small things.

Harry Potter is a good way to make yourself feel better. Now it is a few days after your post, I hope you are feeling much better now.

I tried. Dogs are my life line. 

no, I’m worse :lol: but thanks anyway :grouphug: I’m home now, I showered off these horrendous three days, I journaled my emotions, I’m going to do some guided meditation and relaxation, I was wise enough to have kept my therapy appointment this week in spite of the holidays, and I didn’t drink or take a Xanax, so kudos for me. It’s upwards from here. (I promise I’m not as unhinged as I often sound, I’m just having a bad week or year or… 4 years, really)

Edited by RhaenysBee

23 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I tried. Dogs are my life line.

Dogs are a great therapy.

23 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

no, I’m worse :lol: but thanks anyway :grouphug: I’m home now, I showered off these horrendous three days, I journaled my emotions, I’m going to do some guided meditation and relaxation, I was wise enough to have kept my therapy appointment this week in spite of the holidays, and I didn’t drink or take a Xanax, so kudos for me. It’s upwards from here. (I promise I’m not as unhinged as I often sound, I’m just having a bad week or year or… 4 years, really)

It looks like you know what to do to take care of yourself - congratulations. I really really hope things turn up for you in 2024. And if you ever need to vent over the internet, you know where my inbox is. :grouphug: