NCAA Basketball 2023-24

Ramsay B.

• 2 weeks later...

Its a weird feeling not truly enjoying a dominating win over your rival.

I'm not one of those weirdos that says they want their rival to be good.  The chinstrap beard wearin, vape lovin, neck tattood Louisville fans can go pound sand.  I don't feel bad for them at all.

But the win last night felt more like beating Texas A&M Commerce than a satisfying win over a major opponent.  Left me feeling kind of empty.

So Purdue gets worked by Nebraska and Houston goes down. I totally forgot the Cougars moved to the Big 12 this year. About time they got out of the awful AAC. Some truly dark days when Uconn was there. 

This conference season is gonna be fun as hell. Should be a revolving door in the top 5.

So Uconn survived this crazy week unscathed and could be #1 come tomorrow. Weirdly enough they haven’t been ranked that since 2009(got up to #2 last year). 15 years and 3 NC’s during that time. Such an odd and typical Uconn stat.

• 2 weeks later...

A fun Saturday of hoops.

Uconn stays hot, even without Karaban. Castle’s been gaining confidence and balling out.

Kansas was somehow an underdog at home against nerd rankings’ darling Houston. Came out the gate hot and worked them. Won by 13 despite a -15 turnover ratio. 

Unc is better than I thought. Bacot was due for a big game and delivered.

I’m sure this is beating a dead horse in Kentucky but their D is pretty awful. Gonna struggle against anyone with any type of scoring. 

16 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

I’m sure this is beating a dead horse in Kentucky but their D is pretty awful. Gonna struggle against anyone with any type of scoring. 

Some commentariet have said that we have a Final Four offense with a Round of 32 defense.  I think that’s being pretty generous to our defense…

If this is a “modern basketball” then give me 60 points and a win!!!

3 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

I was watching the game during that little scrum but somehow missed it. 

They handed out four technical fouls in that sequence.  Felt excessive. :lol: