Where to next?

LacyinTX

Yeah, hitting the gym is one thing. I'd need some surgical structural lifting to get me to bare anything where there are cameras around. :P

I know what you mean...I've nursed 3 kids...I'm not letting anything just hang there. Maybe I can find somthing like this that lifts and provides some support, and are clear.

*wonders if those actually work*

might have to make a stop by the mall one day during lunch and check out VS.

I want to state that no one ought to feel forced to wear anything too revealing. Tunics are the standard under togas.

I don't want anyone to not come because they don't want to give the world a show.

But hey....is there a better motivation to hit the gym hard than this? :P

WORD. Feel free to dress (or undress) as you see fit. No one will give you a hassle if you choose to wear street clothes, or wear a toga/stola with a tunic. I just thought that Qarth is such an awesome city, and vaguely fits in with the TOGA theme.

Additionally, dress like a Warlock (those are long black robes, right?), or pretend you are a Sorrowful Man (or part of the Tourmaline Brotherhood, perhaps?) if you don't feel comfortable with wearing more revealing garb. :)

For sure , on the dress front , everyone is obviously free to do as they please . One of the things I really enjoy about these gatherings are the diverse ( including the P Man ) groups of folks that come together . I will be checking the books and casting an eye over Rome for costume ideas . At the very least this is a great excuse to go shopping for lush fabrics . :P

Lany - those adhesive cups do work . I've found that the better quality ones are slightly more expensive and all the same may need some additional tit tape .

I wonder if I can find a less-than-fully-bared way to wear the toga that is still somewhat racey. I'll get back to you :P

The only good thing about the wait until November is that at least we have plenty of time to perfect our theme!

(Psst, Stego--Did you get the PM I just sent? I think it disappeared into cyberspace... :dunno: )

You found another Primordial Man? And sent him to Stego? I am simultaneously impressed and frightened.

*groan*

There are no men like Primordial Man. There is only Primordial Man.

note to self: don't use "PM" as an abreviation anymore ;)

ETA: Yags, I'm afraid...don't suggest things like that!

Well obviously the themed party will have to be on the second night. And only call it Qarth in flyers (if any exist); don't mention the togas. Anyone who has read the books will know that the bare-breasted fashion is only for women, and anyone who hasn't read the books won't get it at all.

He IS tall and pale, though, so maybe he is Qartheen. I wonder if he has a beaded silk shirt....

OMG. I was just reading the Citadel entry on Qarth and am now fervently hoping that he doesn't show up as a Qartheen child greeting important guests. :sick:

Archived