Where to next?

LacyinTX

While it would be fun to bring Kate and Bump to a con, that requires bringing Mom as well (as the current Calhoun food source.) Laura just has no interest in attending a con.

Xray,

Just thinking on my feet. I'd love to go to a local place, however, I really want to bring a whole mess of "Lexington Barbeque." Unfortunately, that's a two hour drive from Raleigh (but we could all shack up with my aunt who lives 5 minutes from "Lexington Barbeque").

http://www.ibiblio.org/ch-scene/bbq/lexington.html

and I'm pretty sure plenty of drinking will occur (which is the main thing I like to do at cons, besides meet cool authors.)

Drinking? At a con? Surely you jest! ;)

(Has anyone else heard that SaraTOGA Springs is known for it's spas? I totally need to save a few extra dollars, and book some sort of detox treatment for the day after the con. *wise nod*)

I think my wife is the only female on the planet who hates "day spas." When her best friend got married she took the entire wedding party to a spa. Laura was tapping her feet the entire time because should couldn't stand just sitting there "relaxing." She had things to do (damnit!)

Brilliant idea!!

Oh God, we should all do that. They'd have to shut the place down for the toxic chemicals pouring out of us.

It'd be a blast to go as a big group. Even if the toxins from us would turn the place into the next Love Canal... :stunned:

(ETA: Love Canal=toxic waste dump near Niagra Falls, btw)

Ser Scott--that's a shame she can't relax and enjoy spas. To each their own!

It'd be a blast to go as a big group. Even if the toxins from us would turn the place into the next Love Canal... :stunned:

(ETA: Love Canal=toxic waste dump near Niagra Falls, btw)

That sounds ace Regina , even if a new set of comic book heroes could be born from our collective toxicity .

Memphis Barbecue is the best in the world. Carolina is mediocre at best. (I lived there for half a decade, Scot, I'm no tourist.)

Carolina has great fried chicken, though. And the best biscuits. And beautiful women. And big cockroaches. And hurricanes. And humidity. And beautiful women.

Besides, I really want to introduce the board Yankees to real Barbecue.

:)

Oh, I have been introduced many, many times. It helps that I've traveled through NC a number of times for various reasons (mostly touring with a band). My previous introductions are what are making me strongly consider a trip down to NC this summer.

Memphis Barbecue is the best in the world. Carolina is mediocre at best.

I love Memphis for ribs. I love NC for pork.

Archived