Goodkind XVI: Edgy Dork in Tor

Werthead

This is starting to scare me. According to that article just about everyone in Hollywood is an O'ist. Maybe this is some kind of vast underground conspiracy, with Tairy as it's vast undergound leader. I don't think I will sleep well tonight.

This is starting to scare me. According to that article just about everyone in Hollywood is an O'ist. Maybe this is some kind of vast underground conspiracy, with Tairy as it's vast undergound leader. I don't think I will sleep well tonight.

Or maybe there will be a great war with the Scientologists and then a cleansing of the land from it...

Like Associate Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, Justice Janice Rogers Brown of the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals is also black, also a Rand fan, and also had a rocky road during her Senate confirmation hearings.

The easy-to-ridicule sentence.

I wonder what would happen if you asked these public figure Rand fans what they think of altruism? We know what Terry would say.

Edit: Goodkind's most controversial book is the sixth? I always thought it was the seventh.

The easy-to-ridicule sentence.

I wonder what would happen if you asked these public figure Rand fans what they think of altruism? We know what Terry would say.

Edit: Goodkind's most controversial book is the sixth? I always thought it was the seventh.

What's the seventh book again? Is it Pillars of Creation?

Well, many say Pillars of Creation was really bad. I can't seem to remember the main plot here.

Pillars of Creation was the introduction of Jennsen and Betty, better known on this board as the noble goat. Zedd is shown briefly, and Richard and Kahlan show up at the end, but for the most part major SoT characters are absent. While Faith of the Fallen was the most blatant Objectivist book - and the beggining of Terry's increased didacticism - most fans loved it; the "controversy" the article mentioned primarily existed among those who already disliked the series. However, when Terry wrote Pillars, a lot of his fans hated it. He'd deviated from his formula without clear plot progression. It ended up being a lead-in to Naked Empire. Die-hard fans defend it by pointing out the importance of free will, which was the moral of the story. Other fans say that the story picked up again in Chainfire. Having never read Chainfire, I don't know if that's true.

Pillars of Creation was the introduction of Jennsen and Betty, better known on this board as the noble goat. Zedd is shown briefly, and Richard and Kahlan show up at the end, but for the most part major SoT characters are absent. While Faith of the Fallen was the most blatant Objectivist book - and the beggining of Terry's increased didacticism - most fans loved it; the "controversy" the article mentioned primarily existed among those who already disliked the series. However, when Terry wrote Pillars, a lot of his fans hated it. He'd deviated from his formula without clear plot progression. It ended up being a lead-in to Naked Empire. Die-hard fans defend it by pointing out the importance of free will, which was the moral of the story. Other fans say that the story picked up again in Chainfire. Having never read Chainfire, I don't know if that's true.

Oh. I see. This the goat book.

Is this the one with the couple inspired by the Clintons?

Oh. I see. This the goat book.

Is this the one with the couple inspired by the Clintons?

No, you're thinking of Soul of the Fire, which is book five, and has the evil chicken. Faith of the Fallen has the magic statue that makes Nikki cry. Pillars of Creation had sweet fuck all. It's only been used once in the QotD's.

No, you're thinking of Soul of the Fire, which is book five, and has the evil chicken. Faith of the Fallen has the magic statue that makes Nikki cry. Pillars of Creation had sweet fuck all. It's only been used once in the QotD's.

Crap. Can't keep my Goodkind straight.

Odd question. Does TG ever have a part in the books on or about trees? Richard is a woodsman, after all.

Well, many say Pillars of Creation was really bad. I can't seem to remember the main plot here.

What are you guys talking about? Pillars of Creation is easily the best book in the series, mainly because Dick and Kal aren't in it.

I guess he's around trees a lot, but only "wayward pines" are ever discussed in any kind of detail. It's a tree that doubles as a fort.

There are the two trees at the beginning of Wizard's First Rule. Kahlan kills one and gets a backlash because of the negative side effects of the Sword of Truth and Richard is unable to kill the other because he knows in his heart that it's innocent.

Archived