Great British Beer Festival

Isis

Alright geezers, I can finally get on with this since I'm back online at home now. :) The festival runs for a few days but we've settled on Thursday 9th. I am sure you will be pleased to discover that 9th August is also hat day. :)

I'm sure those of us familiar with the underground can work out how to get ourselves to Earls Court (it's not the getting there that's a problem, usually). ;) For those who need assistance: Travel info

So sign up here if you're interested and once we get an idea of numbers I'll see if it's worth booking tickets in advance. Probably not that important really, it's £6 for non-members and £5 for CAMRA members if you book in advance. Or it's £8 on the door for non-members.

Gertcha! :cheers:

Official Site

Me and the other half have already promised to try to be there. Depends on the timing of other events. Could be that other things might preclude this (for me, anyway), or actually might fall perfectly in place.

I will almost definitely be there but am working early turn, so can't get there until around 3.

There had better be some fucking lager to be had or I will give out stink!! :tantrum:

Lager? At a CAMRA event? Heresy! :P There'll probably be some decent cider, though.

I'll give it my best shot at being there. I won't be able to get there until 630ish or so. I imagine that by that point you'll all be rolling nakkid in unfermented hops singing "I Will Survive".

N

I'll give it my best shot at being there. I won't be able to get there until 630ish or so. I imagine that by that point you'll all be rolling nakkid in unfermented hops singing "I Will Survive".

N

NAh, we'll be busting some moves to some hip hops. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Might miss this due to a few factors. Will know more in a couple of weeks.

Aoife, nice avatar!! :thumbsup:

Clicked the link and the dirty fucker has a semi!!!! :stunned:

It's photoshopped, Sean. Us girls in chat are still wailing about it weeks(months?) after. :unsure:

Alright geezers, can we have a show of hands please? I'll take your definitelys AND your maybes.

The festival runs Tuesday - Saturday. I think it's safe to say that all the decent beers will have gone by Saturday. Tuesday is pros only. ;) That leaves us Wed, Thur of Fri. In Oxford we mentioned going on Thursday, but I see that some people may have different ideas now...

Please cast your votes for which day you would prefer/can most easily do and we'll take the majority. Or something. :)

Archived