the Dany hate thread

gizermaot

I hate Daenarys Stormborn with a passion.

She is barren and The Iron Thorne isn't for women. (Cersei is a Regent Queen until Tommen come of age). Her dragons are wild, her Unsuilled are easy prey, she let Jorah Mormont live, she trusts another traitor and Stronborn is a real bad omen.

Here's food for thought while we're at it. What do you think has got more people killed in the books, Daenerys' compassion or Cersai's paranoia?

I think it's about even. And it's not so much Cersei's paranoia that killed people. It's Cersei's inability to keep her legs closed when it comes to her brother. Had she not been messing with Jaime, or born Robert Baratheon at least one trueborn child there would have been no need for paranoia. And is it paranoia if people are really out to get you?

But yeah Dany's inabilities with regards to ruling a kingdom have caused a lot of deaths. But according to Dany it's all worth it because she's doing it to get what is rightfully hers. What's just as bad is that she also doesn't care how many deaths she is going to cause, trying to conquer Westeros with a foreign army. To Dany it's all about her and her (supposed) rights when it comes to Westeros. Personally that is why I dislike her. That, the fact that she's so ignorant about what really happened and doesn't appear to want to know, and the way she's treating her dragons.

And Sandello:

Why wouldn't the iron throne be for women? It's not like the men appear to be doing such a good job of it. It's the type of man or woman that matters not the gender. Robert was a bad king. Joffrey was worse. Robb was good, Renly and Stannis, bad each in their own way. Dany would definitely be better than those two though. Cersei would make a crap queen, but Myrcella might be better than Tommen, at least gathering info from AFFC. And once Littlefinger is done with Sansa I suppose she wouldn't be too bad either. Besides.... Littlefinger hinted at the war of three queens coming soon. Now if the men hadn't been so busy being stupid and ending up dead, it'd still be the war of five kings. Instead they tried and failed. So now lets see the women try, who knows maybe they'll do better.

Oh and I'm convinced the Stranger/ the Other is a she. After all only a woman could be that disturbing.

I think it's about even. And it's not so much Cersei's paranoia that killed people. It's Cersei's inability to keep her legs closed when it comes to her brother. Had she not been messing with Jaime, or born Robert Baratheon at least one trueborn child there would have been no need for paranoia. And is it paranoia if people are really out to get you?

But yeah Dany's inabilities with regards to ruling a kingdom have caused a lot of deaths. But according to Dany it's all worth it because she's doing it to get what is rightfully hers. What's just as bad is that she also doesn't care how many deaths she is going to cause, trying to conquer Westeros with a foreign army. To Dany it's all about her and her (supposed) rights when it comes to Westeros. Personally that is why I dislike her. That, the fact that she's so ignorant about what really happened and doesn't appear to want to know, and the way she's treating her dragons.

And Sandello:

Why wouldn't the iron throne be for women? It's not like the men appear to be doing such a good job of it. It's the type of man or woman that matters not the gender. Robert was a bad king. Joffrey was worse. Robb was good, Renly and Stannis, bad each in their own way. Dany would definitely be better than those two though. Cersei would make a crap queen, but Myrcella might be better than Tommen, at least gathering info from AFFC. And once Littlefinger is done with Sansa I suppose she wouldn't be too bad either. Besides.... Littlefinger hinted at the war of three queens coming soon. Now if the men hadn't been so busy being stupid and ending up dead, it'd still be the war of five kings. Instead they tried and failed. So now lets see the women try, who knows maybe they'll do better.

Oh and I'm convinced the Stranger/ the Other is a she. After all only a woman could be that disturbing.

I agree with what your saying, except that while Robert might've been a lousy king, he kept advisors who helped him and brought peace to the realm for 12-13 years?. (exception being the Greyjoy rebellion)

Back on topic, i cant stand Dany at all, for pretty much all the reasons that have been said.

I like the person who said that, whos causes more deaths cersei's paranoia or dany's compassion. Both have caused much damage where innocent people have been killed. But while Cersei's paranoia killed children and in some cases their parents. Not to mention anyone who ever might make her feel her or her children safety might be in some way threatened.

Danys has ravaged two large cities and is a continuing problem. In one of ADWD spoilers we see that in Meeren former masters were killed and raped by their slaves and Dany has given amnesty to the slaves. I think we will see some attempts on her life in ADWD. Dany frees the slaves in Astapor and they turn around and enslave the former masters? She tried to better than the masters of these cities and she's failed, but hey shes only a teenager lets cut her some slack :cheers:

I think Danys biggest fault is not having someone to tempter what she's doing, Robert had Ned and Jon Arryn, Dany had Jorah( sent him away) now has Barristan, but what does Barristan really know about running a city(nothing more than how to train knights)? anyways

Im looking forward to her chapters because i want to see whats going on Meeren now, but i just hope she dies later in the series, hopefully burned in wildfire :cheers:

I dislike Dany too.

Now when I'm re-reading, I dislike her more and more...

Because she is arogant... She calls herself queen, but before Mereen she was queen of nothing. And she can't be Queen of Westeros until she concquers Westeros.

She wants that Irone Throne too much. And she wants revenge...

Because she is arogant... She calls herself queen, but before Mereen she was queen of nothing. And she can't be Queen of Westeros until she coucquers Westeros.

She wants that Irone Throne too much. And she wants revenge...

So if you lost the throne which is rightfully yours to a man who killed your brother and his allies killed your relations you would be ok with that? Just lie down and live in a quiet life, knowing that some people still want you dead? Dany is still young and revenge is set on her heartr you cant expect much more.

If you really want to be technical you might want to check the SSM first. Westerosi succesion goes eldest son, second son, third son, etc, then eldest brother, second brother, third brother etc and then the daughters and sisters, also in order of birth. Stannis is a distant cousin of Dany's descended from Aegon V's daughter. She is higher than him in the line of succession.

:lmao:

*Windex applied liberally to monitor* Damn you woman! :lol:

:P

In all seriousness, others have already covered this. According to Westeros law (as I understand it, anyway), the female Targs have more claim to the throne than does Stannis, by direct blood descent. Therefore, being a female does not disqualify one from rule.

I don't hate but I don't like her either. I like characters who actually own up to their mistakes like being a hypocrite. But all the same, not many 14 year olds think they are ever wrong. Not many character do either. I admire her strength and determination, but sometimes I find myself wondering when that psychotic breakdown will occur. And she seems a little cold to me. Cold to the reader.

The Stranger (that is the 7th God) is most likely sexless. It is represented as neither man nor woman. That's how it is balanced. Three males (Warrior, Father, Smith), three females (crone, maiden, mother) and the Stranger.

Aerys did some very very very naughty things that got him kicked off the throne (rightfully). Seeing as they did pass over Aerion Brightflame's seemingly normal infant on the basis of the Father's insanity, why not pass over any of Aerys spawn for the same reason?

As for Dany = Cersei. It is quite an apt comparison. Only difference is that Dany has dragons which makes her a Mary-Sue style character (considering how good the dragons have been said to be ala Aegon the Conqueror, their effects on magic etc etc).

So if you lost the throne which is rightfully yours to a man who killed your brother and his allies killed your relations you would be ok with that?

The first men conquered Westeros and it became theirs. The Andals conquered South and had power to hold it. Aegon conquered Westeros and had power to hold it. Robert and Eddard conquered the Iron Throne with armies and had power to hold it. The power is what matters, not right. Right is just an enforcement for alredy made weapon.

So the only way for Dany to get would be by conquering it. Right by itself won't help her. It shall just help her hold it.

If you look from this standpoint, theIron Throne was never rightfully hers.

(Thanks to Akul for helping me translating this.)

The first men conquered Westeros and it became theirs. The Andals conquered South and had power to hold it. Aegon conquered Westeros and had power to hold it. Robert and Eddard conquered the Iron Throne with armies and had power to hold it.

You've forgotten the Rhoynar. Speaking of which, some people on this board suggest that women can't rule. Uhm Nymeria anyone?

The first men conquered Westeros and it became theirs. The Andals conquered South and had power to hold it. Aegon conquered Westeros and had power to hold it. Robert and Eddard conquered the Iron Throne with armies and had power to hold it. The power is what matters, not right. Right is just an enforcement for alredy made weapon.

So the only way for Dany to get would be by conquering it. Right by itself won't help her. It shall just help her hold it.

I was saying that Dany should continue to fight, as it has been suggested that she just stops and lives a quiet life, as she has no hope of winning. When all the Andals and the First Men and the COTF etc were in Westeros they fought alot of the time for their right to the "throne" and while there was a lot of bloodshed, eventually one people came out on top. The fact that they have the right to the throne is one of the reasons to fight. I never said that just because shehad a right to the throne would it be easier to win it. I was asking you whether you would mind, if you were in Dany's position, just sitting back and not giving any effort in retaliating against the people who murdered your family.

I was asking you whether you would mind, if you were in Dany's position, just sitting back and not giving any effort in retaliating against the people who murdered your family.

Yes, she should sit back considering her father was guilty of attempting to perpetrate a genocide. Now, if your father is a mass murderer/attempted mass murderer and the cops catch him and execute him, does that give you the right to go and become a cop killer?

I was saying that Dany should continue to fight, as it has been suggested that she just stops and lives a quiet life, as she has no hope of winning. When all the Andals and the First Men and the COTF etc were in Westeros they fought alot of the time for their right to the "throne" and while there was a lot of bloodshed, eventually one people came out on top. The fact that they have the right to the throne is one of the reasons to fight. I never said that just because shehad a right to the throne would it be easier to win it. I was asking you whether you would mind, if you were in Dany's position, just sitting back and not giving any effort in retaliating against the people who murdered your family.

but isn't that what Dany blames Robert and Ned to have done. Her father butchered Lord Rickard and Brandon Stark, and was going to kill Ned and Robert for no good reason. Not to mention all the other people Aerys killed. And yet Robert is the big bad Usurper and Ned is one of his dogs, because they didn't sit back and take it. Because they didn't willingly go to Kingslanding at Aerys' summons to be (most likely) killed for no good bloody reason.

That is one of the reasons I dislike Dany. She thinks only about her rights, about the so-called injustices done to her. She never, not once, wonders about the other side of the story. She doesn't once consider that if not for the wrongs done to them, the Baratheons, the Starks and yes even the Lannisters, they never would've marched on KL and deposed the Mad King and the majority of his family.

And at least for that one she has the pitiful excuse that she doesn't know, because she doesn't want to and never bothered to learn or care. But what about Aegon the Conqueror. Who asked him to take his dragons and take all Westeros for himself? Nobody. But he took it and it becames his. If the old Lords, Stark, the Arryns and the Martells chief amongst them decided they'd been robbed off their inheritance as kings and queens and they take it back, isn't it in their rights?

Either Aegon and Robert are both usurpers or they both aren't. Dany imho is trying to have it both ways. And yes the First Men and the Rhoynar and Andals (who the Starks and Martells ect descend from) also conquered Westeros, and usurped those who were there before them. My opinion on that matter can be read in my sig....

Hey you think the Others might be pissed because all of these people keep showing up on Westeros taking what isn't theirs??

They shoulda never been given the right to vote...

Thankfully in Westeros they are properly subservient to the menfolk. It’s just that a couple of bad apples that spoils the natural order of things.

According to Westeros law (as I understand it, anyway), the female Targs have more claim to the throne than does Stannis, by direct blood descent. Therefore, being a female does not disqualify one from rule.

L´sana explained it doesn’t seem that clear-cut. When female Targaryens have been heirs by the standard male-preference primogeniture, that is law in most of Westeros, they were passed over.

What's just as bad is that she also doesn't care how many deaths she is going to cause, trying to conquer Westeros with a foreign army. To Dany it's all about her and her (supposed) rights when it comes to Westeros. Personally that is why I dislike her.

The others are militant feminazis? That has the making of a interesting epic adversary.

What's just as bad is that she also doesn't care how many deaths she is going to cause, trying to conquer Westeros with a foreign army. To Dany it's all about her and her (supposed) rights when it comes to Westeros. Personally that is why I dislike her.

I always find this take typical of the Dany bashing . None of the houses and claimants cares about the deaths and misery they inflict by pursuing their claims, yet Daenerys is the one only that is bad.

That power is what matters is just a political truism. The regime that that cannot enforce it’s government will not rule. That is true for western democracy as well as medieval monarchy.

And yet there are plenty of people that balks at “this is my fist so you have to do what I say†argument.

If you lock at it from that standpoint the concept of right is meaningless.

That is one of the reasons I dislike Dany. She thinks only about her rights, about the so-called injustices done to her. She never, not once, wonders about the other side of the story.

Since her enemies spare her even less thoughts, I assume you dislike everyone in the story then.

Either Aegon and Robert are both usurpers or they both aren't.

No, the difference is that Aegon created a new nation, Westeros, united under the iron throne. And the iron throne has always been held by the Targaryens. Robert tried gain legitimacy by appealing to his Targaryen blood even though his claim clearly was inferior to Aerys children, this is why he called the usurper and Aegon the conquerer.

Archived