GOODKIND XXVIII: Downtime is for Death Choosers!

The Wolf Maid

I know. That's why hoping hurts so much. :P

But I'm pretty sure this is not the last book we'll see in the SoT world.

Pretty sure? I am completely sure that we will see at least 30 more books in the SoT world. What will happen is this: After publishing Confessor Tairy will try write a "mainstream" novel. He will fail spectacularly, but some publishing house will pick the book up anyway, thinking they can sell it on name recognition alone. The problem is that general fiction reviewers are not quite as forgiving as fantasy reviewers. The book will literaly be laughed off the shelf. Tairy will blame his publisher for not marketing the book properly, and for putting a picture of a goat on the cover because, while the main character is a goat and the plot revovles around the pastoral life of goats, the book IS NOT about goats, it's about important human themes. After suing his publisher (and losing) Tairy will settle down to write the greatest masterpiece of all time. Unfortunately (for Tairy that is) he will soon realize that the world simply does not have the mental capacity to appreciate his great opus, so he will return to what he knows; writting crap fantasy and trying to make it seem important by injecting it with a shitty pseudo-philosophy.

Pretty sure? I am completely sure that we will see at least 30 more books in the SoT world. What will happen is this: After publishing Confessor Tairy will try write a "mainstream" novel. He will fail spectacularly, but some publishing house will pick the book up anyway, thinking they can sell it on name recognition alone...

I don't know about the 30 books. But it could happen. But at the same time, I don't agree that TG will try anything more mainstream. I truly think that, despite his claims otherwise, he knows by writing the fantasy, he has his captive audience. Why mess with that?

These Haikus are fun:

Denna, oh Denna

Please hurt me so very good

My thing rises, love

Haiku is far too

Noble for SOT, plus

It's jibber-jabber

White snow on the ground,

I'll paint my men white like ghosts,

It'll work, really!

Judging by Ja-La

Jocks beat up Goodkind often

When he was in school

A pile of crap

Masquerading as the Truth:

Objectivism

Sisters of the Dark,

Stone of Tears, Blood of the Fold

Robert Jordan who?

Goats are noble and

Chickens, evil incarnate

Nobody knows why

I was almost tempted to write a Haiku about sending my rat-gnawed SoT paperbacks to my beloved, but that would be a bit too personal. But then again, much as she was glad to hate the Yeard after getting the chance at last to read what was apparently so mock-worthy about him, it was certainly one of the oddest "love gifts" that I could ever think to send someone. :P

So who else expects that "other TG thread" that's floating about to get merged here on Friday? :P

*raises hand* Yep. As soon as Wert or X-ray passes by. (It's already Friday here, though).

I was almost tempted to write a Haiku about sending my rat-gnawed SoT paperbacks to my beloved, but that would be a bit too personal. But then again, much as she was glad to hate the Yeard after getting the chance at last to read what was apparently so mock-worthy about him, it was certainly one of the oddest "love gifts" that I could ever think to send someone. :P

...You sent SoT as a lovegift, and you're still standing? Or perhaps you were hoping your girl to be ehem, inspired by the stuff in TG. :P

DF, you :owned:

You'd have to understand the dynamics of this very long-distance relationship. such as why I have what I have quoted in my sig space, why she threatens me with Eragon but sends me Serbian translations of Saint-Exupéry and Calvino, among others, not to mention why she'd take perverse pleasure in receiving rat-gnawed books just to see how horrid the Chicken that isn't a Chicken really is.

After all that and much worse things in the private world bit (which I won't discuss now), let's just say the girl is a combination of mad/in love (or are they the same thing?) to want to read those books in order to get the parodies more easily. She is a true gem, even if her "cups" might seem to make her a perfect Tairy heroine :P

After all that and much worse things in the private world bit (which I won't discuss now), let's just say the girl is a combination of mad/in love (or are they the same thing?)

From my experience in romance, the two do often go hand in hand. :thumbsup:

She is a true gem, even if her "cups" might seem to make her a perfect Tairy heroine

Dirty sod.

PS. Does she look good in tight red leather? If so, you should run far away and never look back just in case she has an Electric Buttplug of Doom she wants to use on you. :smileysex:

Your private life is your private life. That's cool. But I want to know how the hell you got the rats to actually gnaw on those SoT paperbacks...? :stunned:

Your private life is your private life. That's cool. But I want to know how the hell you got the rats to actually gnaw on those SoT paperbacks...? :stunned:

Simple he just bought some rats and put them in a steel cage for a couple weeks with no food. Eventually he opened the door to the cage and threw in his books, and by then the rats would've eaten anything (they had already resorted to eating each other) so they tore his books apart. I would've thought it was pretty obvious...c'mon, use your brain!

The rat gnawing is easy: The Tairy books, along with some others, were stored in some cardboard boxes in my grandmother's garage for about 4 years after I moved back to TN from FL. Although the others weren't damaged, the SoT books were gnawed on a bit, which was quite funny and which in part led to the request for me mailing them across the Atlantic.

As for the Mord-Sith bit, well...this girl does seem to have a fascination with BDSM... :leaving:

Well, they didn't gnaw too much on WFR, a tiny bit on the second one, a bit more on the third, and totally shredded the fourth :P And since they didn't shred any of my other books but the Tairy ones, I'd have to say they knew what books deserved to be chewed and spat out and which deserved to be left alone.

Archived