College Football 2007

Bronn Stone

First of all... HAHAHAHA!

Secondly... when there was 5 minutes left in the game I was expecting to come on here and make a post about how much Boston College sucks, then outta nowhere they play 2:30 of inspired football and win. Unbelievable.

Besides the last 5 minutes or so that game dragged on and on, Tech's defense again looked good, but the offense just leaves a lot to be desired. Ore ran out of bounds several times, you gotta put your head down and crack some skulls for extra yards when your the starting tailback. Especially at VT, a place that usually takes pride in its run game.

I still think BC will lose a regular season game. With the exception of the last 3 minutes played by Boston College, I was rather unimpressed. I would not be that worried about West Virginia playing either of those teams.

After Saturday Eugene or LA won't care. I bet this season a two loss team will be playing for the MNC. Michigan will beat tOSU and the Beavers will beat the Ducks in the civil war and everything will get even more fucked up by various conference championship games.

After Saturday Eugene or LA won't care. I bet this season a two loss team will be playing for the MNC. Michigan will beat tOSU and the Beavers will beat the Ducks in the civil war and everything will get even more fucked up by various conference championship games.

Hence the slash between Eugene and LA. A BC-OSU title game would be a fitting end to this season. Fits perfectly.

OSU as in Oklahoma or as in Ohio? 'Cause I got the Ohio version marked down as losing on Saturday.

tOSU as in The Ohio State University. Douchebags.

Celtigo,

I can see Oregon winning this Saturday and then losing to the Beavers.

BC v. Ohio State for the national title. I can already feel tempers rising in Baton Rouge, Norman, and Eugene/LA.

Eh, the guys in Baton Rouge might have a case. The rest lost winnable games, and yes that includes you Eugene.

Anyway, the game n Happy Valley should come down to turnovers. OSU has a slightly better defense and offense, but home field should negate that.

OSU still has to play Michigan, Illinois, Wisconsin and Penn State, any of which could hand them a loss. I don't think they're long for the one spot.

I'm all for BC going to the NC game if they're undefeated they deserve it far more than a one loss LSU, USC or Oklahoma (hell the sooner fans would still think they were snubbed for the NC if they were a three loss team, much less a mere two loss team, and one loss hardly counts in NC terms to sooner fans).

Arizona St Cal game should be a terrific one, but the game of the week will be USC Oregon. a great match up there.

I'm pissed the mizzou game isn't being aired out here. instead ESPN is showing horse racing all morning and afternoon, and only one game on primetime. :(

BC v. Ohio State for the national title. I can already feel tempers rising in Baton Rouge, Norman, and Eugene/LA.
Ohio State still has plenty to play. So does BC.

And the Ducks don't lose to the Beavers at home.

Eh, the guys in Baton Rouge might have a case. The rest lost winnable games, and yes that includes you Eugene.
Yes, but so what? LSU lost a winnable game too. We're not talking a blowout loss that the Ducks suffered; they were a minute and a fumble into the endzone away from having the same situation that LSU lost in. If you want to point fingers at ugly losses, point to the losses by Oklahoma and USC, but don't be pointing towards Eugene's way.

I'm all for BC going to the NC game if they're undefeated they deserve it far more than a one loss LSU, USC or Oklahoma

Are you f'ing serious???? Stick that joke of a BC team in the SEC East and they'd be the fourth best team in a best case scenario!!!! There's a good chance they might be the sixth place team in the division. I'd easily put Florida, South Carolina, and Kentucky ahead of them and maybe Tennessee and Georgia.

If BC ends up undefeated, a one loss LSU, Oklahoma, or Oregon would certainly be a much better pick. The ACC was always a one team league, now that Florida State is on the decline its a zero team league. Ironic that the league takes the best teams from the Big East and makes both conferences worse in the process.

Are you f'ing serious???? Stick that joke of a BC team in the SEC East and they'd be the fourth best team in a best case scenario!!!! There's a good chance they might be the sixth place team in the division. I'd easily put Florida, South Carolina, and Kentucky ahead of them and maybe Tennessee and Georgia.

If BC ends up undefeated, a one loss LSU, Oklahoma, or Oregon would certainly be a much better pick. The ACC was always a one team league, now that Florida State is on the decline its a zero team league. Ironic that the league takes the best teams from the Big East and makes both conferences worse in the process

My quote button isn't working but I had to respond to this absurd bit of SEC homerism I'm not an ACC fan and I actually think the SEC is the best conference this year top to bottom. Tell me what great OOC wins can your oh so dominant SEC east claim? A last minute win by Kentucky against Lousiville AT HOME. Utah looked better traveling 2000 miles than you guys to dispatch that team. South Carolina's oh so dominant win over that top tier UNC program 21-15. UF whos played a JV OOC schedule. Tenessee got smacked in Berkeley. Georgia's win AT HOME against medicore OK state (hint Troy beat them as badly in Stillwater). Vandy has yet to play anyone of note. Wake Forest is coming up.

And Florida State on the decline? Maybe, but they were good enough to beat almighty Alabama, who is currently tied for the lead in the SEC West. Get over yourself. The SEC isnt god's gift to football.

May not be god's gift to football... but I still say BC would have 3 conference losses already if they played with the big boys. The quality of play on the field is just obviously better when you watch the game.

Transitive property doesn't work in sports. You can't say that Team A beat Team B and Team B beat Team C therefore Team A can beat Team C. It just doesn't work that way. If it did, I'd haul out LSU's mud stomping of Virginia Tech... coupled with Kentucky's win over LSU... and South Carolina's win over Kentucky... and Florida's win over Kentucky to prove that I'm right. (But wait... Florida lost to LSU... so does that vacate their win over Kentucky in this situation?????????)

Bottom line. No one who watches the games can honestly believe that the quality of play in the ACC comes close to approaching the SEC. And I stand by my position that BC is the fourth best team if they play in the SEC East. Give me one loss LSU, Oregon, or Oklahoma any day of the week.

If you've watched Oklahoma play you wouldn't put them anywhere near there either.

And while LSU looks good, I wouldn't crown their ass yet either. The whole SEC looks hard but they also look like utter shit when they play out of conference games, with the exception of LSU.

If I was using the transitive property to say A beat B so they would beat C, you would have a point. I'm showing that the record does not support your assertion of the SEC East's dominance. On the field of play against other conferences they have been painfully ordinary. What makes South Carolina or Kentucky better than BC? South Carolina's 6 point victory over third worst team in the ACC suggests they wouldn't exactly waltz through that oh so horrible league. What proof is there other than lackluster wins against shit OOC competition and the fact that they beat other that the SEC East is any good? What makes them better than 2 loss Big 12, Big East, or Pac 10 teams. Obviously better based on the eyeball test? Haha, right.

Outside of yet another home OOC game for the SEC in LSU's win over Va Tech give me something concrete the entire conference has done to show its strength. Bama, Auburn, and Tennesse have had the chance to prove SEC dominance against quality opposition and fell on their faces.

I'd take BC on a neutral field over every team in the SEC East save Florida and even that is simply giving the Gators credit for last year.

Furthermore as long as we don't have a playoff, an undefeated team from a major conference should always get in over a one loss team. If Old Dixie doesn't like it, start pushing for a change

Furthermore as long as we don't have a playoff, an undefeated team from a major conference should always get in over a one loss team. If Old Dixie doesn't like it, start pushing for a change
Or better yet, start pushing to have tougher OOC games against teams that should contend for the title each year so that the SEC gets a chance to knock them out early.

Or better yet, start pushing to have tougher OOC games against teams that should contend for the title each year so that the SEC gets a chance to knock them out early.

Travelling for OOC games is taboo in a lot of SEC athletic departments outside of Tennesee and Auburn, though this changing (i.e. UGA finally leaving the South for the first time since the 1960s for a regular season game). When you play elite level competition they typically demand a one for one home and home. I was pleased to see Oregon State or Oregon tell Georgia to fuck off when they asked for a 2 for 1 deal.

Travelling for OOC games is taboo in a lot of SEC athletic departments outside of Tennesee and Auburn, though this changing (i.e. UGA finally leaving the South for the first time since the 1960s for a regular season game).
Well, fuck them then. They don't get to complain about the eliteness of the SEC and yet remain totally insular. Either they put up or they shut up.

The SEC has a ton of talent and great schools, but it isn't the gulf that they make it out to be, and if they're unwilling to showcase it on a national stage in games that matter, they're just a bunch of whiny pussies.

I really wish poll voters (and the computers) paid more attention to winning on the road. Coaches will tell you how much better every team gets in their own stadium. Especially in a stadium where there is a genuine home crowd (unlike say LSU at Tulane or Cal at SJSU).

Archived