College Football 2007

Bronn Stone

maize,

I'm a South Carolina homer, what else is there for me to say about that game?

THR,

When was the last time we had a log jam like this in the SEC east?

When the season started. Really the only time it was this close was back a few years ago when UGA, Florida, and UT all finished with 2 losses in the East. UGA advanced to the title game based on them having a higher BCS rating or something like that. I do not remember the tie breaker stuff.

:box:

:lol:

You Florida people are always wanting to live in the

Gooooooooooooo Dawgs! Sic em! Woof! Woof! Woof!

Now that was a low blow. I remember that play like it was yesterday. I was 13 and the season before the Gators had gone 0-10-1. We were 1 minute from beating the Dawgs and Herschel. And then the earth stopped. Fuckers. And then Pell cheated like crazy and we ended up on probation.

Well, Michigan won again and I'm proud of how they stepped up. Mike Hart was out and Henne was having some wrist problems causing him to miss half the game. Our freshman QB out of Texas made a couple of mistakes, but thankfully we won sort of comfortably in the end.

That being said, Illinois is definitely on the rise. They have some talent that needs to limit their mistakes, and find a QB who can throw deep. Their d-line was good, and Mendenhall is a great back.

This was one of the most frustrating games I've ever watched of theirs. Talk about do all they can to hand the game over with stupid, critical mistakes. 107 yards in penalties.. like after stopping them, they rough the bloody kicker and giving the ball back bow tied with a first down with 2:30 left in the first half.

I don't know if they would have won otherwise, but I can and will say they most certainly shot themselves in both feet. Young team, coaching.. I dunno, but that not a step forward, that was a step backwards, to last year, wrt the idiot penalties.

Michigan, OTOH, played with poise and it showed in the end result.

This week I think I am going to go out on a limb on a few games.

Here are the numbers for this weeks most important games, favorite on left, home in bold:

Virginia Tech -3 Boston College (I'm picking VT, but I'm only about 60% sure.)

West Virginia -6 Rutgers (Worries me, but I picked WVU to cover.)

Arizona State -3 California (I'm thinking Cal takes this one.)

Kentucky -13.5 Mississippi State (Kentucky covers)

Missouri -28.5 Iowa State (Iowa State really sucks, but held OKlahoma to 17. Not sure if Mizz will cover yet.)

Oregon -3 USC (I'd like to see Oregon win, but I'm picking USC.)

Texas -20.5 Nebraska (I'm underwhelmed by both of these teams, but I think Neb. can beat that spread.)

Michigan -23.5 Minnesota (Michigan covers.)

South Florida -4 UCONN (USF covers.)

Florida -9 Georgia (I'm picking the Gators.)

Virginia -3 NC State (I think UVA is going to blow it soon, not sure on this one.)

Auburn -17 Ole Miss (Auburn should cover, but Ole Miss gave UF trouble.)

Kansas -2.5 Texas A&M (I feel the same about Kansas as I do about UVA, not sure here either.)

Tennessee -3 South Carolina (I'm picking South Carolina.)

Ohio State -4 Penn State (Feelin' an upset in Happy Valley this week.)

Hawaii -27.5 New Mexico State (NMS beats the spread, hopefully.)

USC-Oregon: the winner of this is likely in the drivers seat for the Pac-10. Oregon has USC, UCLA, Arizona and ASU to deal with before the civil war; of those, USC and ASU look to be hard games. USC has ASU and UCLA as well. So pretty much whoever wins here has the best shot. A loser here would have to hope the winner dropped at least 2 games in that schedule.

ASU-Cal is another decider. If Cal loses, there's no chance at all for them. If ASU loses, they've still got an outside chance but would need to beat both USC and Oregon. That's a tough road.

It's really make-or-break on the Pac-10 this week.

This week doesn't seem to have all the hype surrounding it that the previous ones have. Not sure what exactly is missing, just something...

LSU isn't playing. ETA: Neither is Oklahoma.

As Kal said , this is a big week for Pac-10 games (Cal/ASU and USC/Oregon), but theres also big games in the Big East (WVU/Rutgers), ACC (VT/BC) , and Big 10 (OSU/PSU) that all carry the possibility of being important to the BCS race and are definately important for conference races. Also important SEC East games with UT/SC and UF/UGA.

Bolded my picks

Virginia Tech -3 Boston College

West Virginia -6 Rutgers

Arizona State -3 California

Kentucky -13.5 Mississippi State

Missouri -28.5 Iowa State

Oregon -3 USC

Texas -20.5 Nebraska upset special, baby.

Michigan -23.5 Minnesota

South Florida -4 UCONN

Florida -9 Georgia

Virginia -3 NC State

Auburn -17 Ole Miss

Kansas -2.5 Texas A&M Another Upset

Tennessee -3 South Carolina

Ohio State -4 Penn State mainly I just want this upset to happen.

Hawaii -27.5 New Mexico State

Very important week for the PAC10

USC-Oregon: the winner of this is likely in the drivers seat for the Pac-10. Oregon has USC, UCLA, Arizona and ASU to deal with before the civil war; of those, USC and ASU look to be hard games. USC has ASU and UCLA as well. So pretty much whoever wins here has the best shot. A loser here would have to hope the winner dropped at least 2 games in that schedule.

ASU-Cal is another decider. If Cal loses, there's no chance at all for them. If ASU loses, they've still got an outside chance but would need to beat both USC and Oregon. That's a tough road.

It's really make-or-break on the Pac-10 this week.

We've got USC in Berkeley also. Even if we're just spoilers at that point, it would be a huge obstacle for the Trojans.

i'm still smarting from the debacle that was the second half of the auburn-lsu game...that spot after 3rd down not being challenged has become the bane of my mental health.

i thought that i'd be able to let it go, especially after john vaughn missing 5 field goals the last time we were down there and lost to lsu in overtime, but it's riding my back like one of my kids..:lol:

that fucking game has nearly ruined our season.

not to mention the real snafu that was tommy T squib kicking with 3+ minutes left. it's not like devon hester was returning kicks. :dunno:

This was one of the most frustrating games I've ever watched of theirs. Talk about do all they can to hand the game over with stupid, critical mistakes. 107 yards in penalties.. like after stopping them, they rough the bloody kicker and giving the ball back bow tied with a first down with 2:30 left in the first half.

I don't know if they would have won otherwise, but I can and will say they most certainly shot themselves in both feet. Young team, coaching.. I dunno, but that not a step forward, that was a step backwards, to last year, wrt the idiot penalties.

Michigan, OTOH, played with poise and it showed in the end result.

With the exception of the OSU, I sometimes think that the rest of the "big 11" is just frightened of Michigan. There have been times, when what I thought were superior teams, have just rolled over like puppies for those overgrown weasels. Clearly U of M isn't anywhere near top shelf and that if the little 11 was any kind of conference they would have a couple more loses this year.

- 3 hours until I hit the road

- 7 hours until I enter Blacksburg

- 7.5 hours until I have my first beer in hand

- 10 hours until kickoff

- 13 hours until the #2 team in the nation is beat for the 4th week in a row, and limps home with their tails tucked between their legs.

It's gray out. Raining now, rain forecasted for the game with the temperature in the low 50's / high 40's. In other words, a beautiful day.

You may be ranked #2 in the nation, BC, but we know who you really are, Fredo. You're the poor saps that still cling to Flutie's desperation heave to Phelan. You're the team that maybe -maybe- gets mentioned on page 10 of the sports page behind the Red Sox, the Patriots, the Red Sox, the Celtics, the Red Sox, the Bruins, and the Red Sox. How many TVs in Boston do you really think will be tuned in to watch you tonight? Not many, unless Mannyu Ramirez and Big Papi are suiting up at linebacker. You got into the ACC, Fredo, because big brother Miami deigned to bring you along with them. You're the team that can't fill your pathetic 44,000 person stadium. Your idea of tradition is to play Sweet Caroline. Sweet fucking Caroline.

Welcome to the http://youtube.com/watch?v=-eEbU9LJqgE, Fredo.

With the exception of the OSU, I sometimes think that the rest of the "big 11" is just frightened of Michigan. There have been times, when what I thought were superior teams, have just rolled over like puppies for those overgrown weasels. Clearly U of M isn't anywhere near top shelf and that if the little 11 was any kind of conference they would have a couple more loses this year.

To be fair to the "Little 11" there isn't really a great conference top to bottom this year. They're just the worst of a mediocre group, although Minnesota seems intent on taking Duke's place as most horrid BCS conference team this year.Looks like UM will be 7-2, and climbing.

Also BC wins tonight, after rallying from going down early. Coupled with a Red Sox win to send the city of Boston into a 24 hour Sports Orgasm. Gotta to say I love these marquee Thursday night matchups, its an excuse to start the weekend a touch earlier.

Also BC wins tonight, after rallying from going down early. Coupled with a Red Sox win to send the city of Boston into a 24 hour Sports Orgasm. Gotta to say I love these marquee Thursday night matchups, its an excuse to start the weekend a touch earlier.

I give VPI the edge becuase of home field advantage, but who knows how good BC is? I'd say thier best win is GT but GT is a pretty disapointing squad also losing to Virginia and Maryland. I guess we'll see, I hope they win.

BC's making this a game. Good recovery on the onside kick. VT's letting this slip away.

Ryan was throwing way too cautiously, but I guess that's how he's been playing mistake free. He was also getting bad pass protection.

ETA: Apparently he throws better when scrambling. They moved up the field nicely considering the clock. I'm suprised VT didn't keep a man back for better pass protection. BC isn't running the ball.

Nevermind, that's exactly what they did. Man, 3 VT players tore through that line?

Archived