NFL VI

Kalbear

He hasn't played all year. He is just potential. Just Mangini taking another Patriot. The Pats only have one 2007 draft pick left on the roster. Their 1st.

Are there many ex-Pats on the Jets? I was not aware of that. The Jets can definitely use some young defensive linemen so hopefully he pans out.

Loved that over this week the Patriots cut Brown, activated Brown, and signed Brown.

Yeah, but they ended up with the wrong Brown, not that Brown had done much, but at least he was never "over powered" to the point of it looking like a penalty. Brown is gonna have a hard time finding time in the rotation with the big three, unless they stay with the 4 sets.

Yeah, but they ended up with the wrong Brown, not that Brown had done much, but at least he was never "over powered" to the point of it looking like a penalty. Brown is gonna have a hard time finding time in the rotation with the big three, unless they stay with the 4 sets.

Lost me there with the Browns?

In other news, I understand there is a game tonight. I can watch it - Dish Network. The sentimental favorite seems to be the "Older Gunslinger". Quess the question, as it always is this time of year is health. Is Green Bay healthy enough to defend Romo and company? I still have nightmares from the Patriots game with Barber. That man doesn't stiff arm, he assaults.

Lost me there with the Browns?

In other news, I understand there is a game tonight. I can watch it - Dish Network. The sentimental favorite seems to be the "Older Gunslinger". Quess the question, as it always is this time of year is health. Is Green Bay healthy enough to defend Romo and company? I still have nightmares from the Patriots game with Barber. That man doesn't stiff arm, he assaults.

Karreem Brown is gone, Chad Brown is back (in the SD game Ed Hochles picked up a flag explaining it as "The defender was simply overpowered", that defender was Chad Brown) and Tryo Brown is gonna have troulbe with 7 recievers on the team. Unless they keep going with 4 wide, I don't see where he gets on the field.

I really wish Chad Brown had been cut after the preseason and the Pats had kept Justin Rodgers, who is having a good special teams year in dallas.

Knew about the "Browns". Just forgot about the "overpowered part". Chad was cut in September. Then resigned. Yeah I miss Rogers, he showed a little bit of the "it", but hey I am no coach. Last I checked he was still on the Dallas Cowboys roster.

Troy will do his part. He makes plays.

Anybody watching this Pack-Cowboys game on the NFL network? I'm following it on ESPN.com's gamecast and Matt Mosley's live blog there, and it looks to be a compelling game. Packers have the ball and are down 27-24 at the start of the 4th quarter; Favre got knocked out in the 2nd with an elbow injury, and Aaron Rodgers has led the Pack to two touchdowns so far.

I'm watching it, but a little TiVo-delayed (I like to build up a delay so I have a buffer to fast-forward through commercials). I may have some thoughts on it later. It's a fucking hell of a game so far, really should be seen by as many as possible.

Romo went on a hot streak late in the first half, consistent long completions... Looked great. Favre tried to match him, with less success. Threw a pick as he got hit and injured. Kinda reminded me of Jaime Lannister telling Loras, "I was stronger and faster than you, young buck." Favre is out with some kind of numbness in his throwing arm/hand. Aaron Rodgers is in and he is not awful. He's actually throwing pretty well, and his receivers are fighting hard. Good support from Pack running game, Grant is running tough. Rodgers ran for a first down on third and long in his first series, went for the extra yards, got helicoptered on the hit like a Baby Elway...

Anybody watching this Pack-Cowboys game on the NFL network? I'm following it on ESPN.com's gamecast and Matt Mosley's live blog there, and it looks to be a compelling game. Packers have the ball and are down 27-24 at the start of the 4th quarter; Favre got knocked out in the 2nd with an elbow injury, and Aaron Rodgers has led the Pack to two touchdowns so far.

Tracking it on the CBS Sportsline gamecast. Unfortunately don't get the NFL network. :unsure:

Strangely, it says that Dallas has the ball, not GB. So either CBS or ESPN is off a bit. :P

Tracking it on the CBS Sportsline gamecast. Unfortunately don't get the NFL network. :unsure:

Strangely, it says that Dallas has the ball, not GB. So either CBS or ESPN is off a bit. :P

Nah, I think GB punted about a minute after I posted that.

I'll say this for NFL Network: there are no stupid booth guests here that they ignore the game to interview. They didn't make some player read the starting line-ups and give half-hearted shout-outs to his teammates. And I really like Collinsworth as an analyst. He consistently gives cogent analysis of the tactics offense and defense are employing, pointing out breakdowns, etc. Don't like Gumbel's voice, but he doesn't suck on play-by-play.

ETA Catching Up on TiVo Update: Romo's pick in the end zone was TO's fault. He bobbled the pass up in the air, perfectly catchable, Al Harris pulled it down. Earlier in the game, when TO caught a TD pass, one of the end zone fans had handed him a box of popcorn, which he tossed towards his face... After the bobble-pick, one of the NFL Network production people said (relayed by Gumbel) "Must have been that buttery popcorn!"

Yeah I'm pretty satisfied with NFL Network...

though part of that is because the University at Buffalo is generous enough to provide it for all our students, and for some reason back home my dad gets it through DirectTV without paying anything extra. So i've never had an issue with access, unlike what seems like most people.

More good quarterback play in this game (Romo, Favre, Rodgers) than you'll see on any given weekend from all NFC South teams combined.

Rodgers kinda looks like Mel Gibson when he's staring out from his helmet. But Aaron... Joe Montana could wear his hair wavy, blonde, and two inches below the back of the helmet. You, maybe not...

If this is an accurate look at Rodgers, well, I guess the Niners took the wrong guy with that #1. Never seen Alex Smith this comfortable and in control.

ETA: This was a damn fine game. Clutch plays by Romo. Packers had pulled within three points and backed the Cowboys up to 3rd and 19 near their own end zone. Romo hit Crayton for a 34 yarder and they ended up scoring a touchdown on that drive. Both teams played very well. There was a ticky-tacky PI call against the Packers that gave the Cowboys a first-and-goal that they scored a TD on. Not a game-decider, I think, because the Cowboys were the better team today. Hope Favre isn't out more than what he missed this game, but I think the Packers have found out that they have a decent backup. And the Cowboys keep rolling. While the defense is flawed, Romo is playing so well that I wouldn't be 100% confident about a rematch with the Patriots.

Pretty good game. Those PI calls are rough to call. Not sure how I feel about a conference needed to call that one. Who saw the call and who didn't see the call. The Cowboys look like they are picking up steam. Still not sure why Barber doesn't get a penalty for taking someone's head off with his stiff arm. I would rip his helmet off too, if I had that coming at me. The NFL can be funny some times.

That interception thanks to T.O. made me laugh out loud. Definitely not Romo's fault - T.O. was wide open.

Archived