NFL Playoffs

Space Bandito

Brady, on ESPN radio told Berman that after every game this season they a particular song on a system Bruschi brought in...

Here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo

And Damn, I didnt think Green Bay would be able to come back, let alone be crushing the Seahawks after the first few minutes. And Man, the GB backs are hitting hard.

This game is so awesome to watch. It has patented Shitty Green Bay Weather, patented Ridiculous Favre "Pass" Completions (that one at the end of the 2nd was just awesome), and patented King Hell Comeback. There were points during this game that the snow was coming down so thick and hard that it washed out the television camera CCDs. You couldn't even see the players on the field, except in bits and flashes of anemic color. :thumbsup:

Somewhere, on a lonely, lonesome highway, there rides an R/V. And on that R/V, rides one of the most polarizing figures in sports television today. This 'figure' is watching this Hawks-Packers game with much interest, because it involves one of the most publicized mancrushes in history.

His name is John Madden... and he's weeping tears of joy.

... and he's probably gonna 'Brett Farve' himself into a coma.

:agree:

Favre did play an increadible game though as did the whole packers team outside of those first two horrendous possesions. Ryan Grant keeps getting better every game. The seahawks were suppose to have top knotch defense and they simple gotten taken apart and run over. Go Pack.

I love Del Rio's call to go for 4th and 1 at the Pats' 44. It seems like a no-brainer between the 40 and 45 -- since a punt will often go for a touchback (and therefore only ~20 yards) and a field goal is unlikely, yet NFL coaches rarely go for it. The Jags earned their points with that call.

ETA: From the looks of that Pats drive, though, there won't be much slowing the Pats down...

Love that Maroney screen pass. Those burned the Ravens bad, and it seems like there have been few, if any other times that the Pats have gotten the ball to him in space. I cant really imagine why, the kids got burners and moves on him.

Edit:

F-me, Maroney is lighting it up here, busting out some great runs, and I think for more yards then Taylor and MJD combined.

I want to see when they launch the bomb to Moss. I really wish we could see more of the downfield coverage to figure out why exactly he is not getting more balls.

Re-Edit:

FFS, Meriweather has dropped at least 4 dead certain INT's this year that landed right in his hands or between his numbers. Damn it kid! But then again, I remember another kid who used to drop a lot of passes, and he turned out pretty good, Asante something...

Gotta love Harrison, plays hard, hits hard (if sometimes questionably) and makes key plays, this INT to virtually seal the game. Hope he stay another year or so. And, he is the only safety in history to get more then 25 sacks, and 25 Ints.

Stallworth is fantastic. Dear lord man, he is both fast, and damn explosive and powerful when he gets the ball - he simple rann over that Jag's defender.

So, Db, can we all agree your pick was pretty damn idiotic yet? I mean, its not like any of us called this result or anything....

Sure, they played a respetable game, like most of us expected, and it ended up in the area I predicted, around a 15 point margin of victory. BB did what he always does, he attacked the Jag's strength, and took away the running game, and in the end Garrard couldnt win it on his own.

Maroney took over, and had one of his best games ever, and the short passing game was simply unstoppable. It is always nice to remind people that the Pats can still play like the Pats of old, and dont simply rely on the long bomb to Moss.

Time to suck it up and start rooting for the Chargers. Man, that is going to be tough, I really cant stand those guys...

Respect for Garrard. He must have some wrist strength to make some of the passes he made tonight. Also props to Del Rio for surprising the Pats with a passing game.

Strange calls by the refs. As usual consistency is a problem. That late hit against Brady was bogus, but they called it, yet Welker gets tackled by the chin strap and no call? Rodney needs to lay off the Red Bulls or Vitamin injections or whatever he is doing before games. I like the enthusiasm, but the penalties hurt.

Agree on Meriweather. He has dropped 3/4 interceptions. All that could have iced games. Classic, "there is a reason he is playing defense and not offense" kind of guy. He looks like he belongs, but needs to iron a few things out. Only saw Seymour and Thomas once. Yet, overall the line did their job. It was the secondary that got owned and embarrassed all night long . Can not play like that on defense next week and hope to win.

Two quality games today.

I was happy that Ryan Grant redeemed himself after that horrific first two minutes of the game. I've read a little about him, and he's an underdog that I can really get under and root for: an undrafted, double-major graduate and recovered from a near-fatal freak accident injury. Good for him. I like Favre and that underam toss for a first down was nice, but I'm a little sick of Bradshaw and company going into paroxysms of ecstasy anytime Favre does anything remotely athletic. He's old, not dead.

The Pats-Jags game was pretty predictable. Even when the score was relatively close, I never got the feeling that the Pats were in trouble and going to let it slip away. Honestly, did anyone? Northcutt could really have helped Garrard out more with a couple of crucial drops to keep the game closer though.

Rooting for Indy and the Cowboys tomorrow to setup some terrific conference championship games for next week.

I didn't get to watch this one, but going by the recaps it looks like the Jags managed to completely shut down Randy Moss (not that it helped them all that much). What exactly happened? Also, the Patriot defense again looked fairly mediocre except at the end.

If the Giants win tomorrow, there's a good reason for it. I think next weeks NFC game should be good regardless.

True, but watching the top 2 seeds from each conference make it to their respective championship games is pretty rare nowadays, and I'd like to see it.

And personally, I'd be much more excited to watch a SB that had the Boys or Pack in it than the Giants. Course, my first preference would be the Niners, but I think we both know that's a pipe dream for the foreseeable future

Very predictable game where the Jags could not run, stop the run, stop the pass, or pass when they really needed to. Really, probably the most dominated 11 point game I have ever seen. My favorite part was when they went to studio and Bill Cower said how the JAgs were playing perfectly and even had the Pats "back on their heals." Thanks coach- you are part of the reason the Pats were 2-0 against the Steelers in the post season since 2001. Pats utterly dictated the whole game- Jags had 84 yards rushing TOTAL. Great job guys.

On Harrison: I thought the last late hit was ticky-tack; the guy was still in bounds (or close enough where you have to let the guys play the game). The one that was in the center of the field was blatant! THey should have flagged him twice. And I want Rodney to play like that all the time.

On the late hit on Brady- 100% the correct call; would be called on every QB in the NFL. Was really blatant (best part was when Brady was going down, he was looking RIGHT at the ref the whole time, with the classic, "Are you shitting me?" look in his eyes.

Merriweather: 3-4 INTS? I never saw him that close ever and I certainly did not see any gimme INTs he should have had (the only one was Harrison in the end zone). Merriweather played okay, but I don;t think he was behind or bad. The defense was designed to stop the run and make Gerrard have to win the game for the Jags.

Brady went 26/28 (Post season record) 3 TDs and that nifty uber fake. Utterly unstoppable.

Next week- just the best game in football will be played. I think the Colts (it will be the Colts) will play out of their minds; its not a gimmie game, not by a long shot. It will be the game of the season.

Merriweather: 3-4 INTS?

Sorry, wasnt clear enough, I meant over the course of the season. The one that stands out the most is where Kyle Boller hit him right in the chest during the Ravens last gasp attempt to come back, and it bounced right off. Soon after that there was the heart attack inducing throw as time expired to the 2 yard line.

Tonight he just had the one that slipped through his fingers.

I didn't get to watch this one, but going by the recaps it looks like the Jags managed to completely shut down Randy Moss (not that it helped them all that much). What exactly happened? Also, the Patriot defense again looked fairly mediocre except at the end.

The Jaguars basically doubled and tripled Moss all game... and proceeded to get eaten alive by everybody else on the Patriots' offense.

Rockroi, at the end of the first half, when Cowher made those comments, the Jags were moving the ball against the Patriots virtually as well as the Patriots were moving it against them. It was 14-14 for a reason. Personally, from what I saw of it, I think the Patriots came with a run-heavy D, and the Jags anticipated that and went to the air, and were able to keep up with them. Then, at halftime, the Pats adjusted to a balanced D, and Jacksonville couldn't recover.

I think the Jags played a great game, the Pats just played an equally great game and are a superior team right now. A few key mistakes cost them the game but even with a flawless game they might not have won it. Brady had a record breaking game which is hard to match.

Archived