Goodkind XXXIII: Happy New Yeard!

tzanth

What is this "I"?

How, as lemmings, can any of us say "I hated him first."? Like the myriad legs of the centipede, we are ultimately one flesh. Infinitely conjoined siblings of moral discord and hatred for celery. It is not one of us that hated him first, it is all of us as one. And so shall it be unto the very end of Tairy himself.

I remember reading sections and rereading them, confused that I missed something. I was thinking, 'this doesn't make sense.' 'Could something this lame really be published?' What a relief when I found that I wasn't just that immature a reader and couldn't comprehend the complexities of what seemed pretty flat. I like to give someone the benefit of the doubt, but yikes, there were a lot of odd moments. I remember reading about how Richard was translating an old dead language in a wagon...Or how this thousand year old books were handled willy nilly. Whatever, thanks to a board that reminds me that I am not crazy, just sane in a crazy world.

I remember when I decided to stop feading the yeard. It was at that fallen faith book. Like a train wreck I kept reading, but at that point stopped paying for it. I think I read the whole thing in the bookstore.

:)

A Devices and Desires parody, MB? I shall be awaiting it with pleasure. :)

Seriously, I myself didn't realize Tairy was THAT bad until I read parts of the earlier threads where some kindly souls pointed it out. Back when I read Tairy the only fantasy author I read was Eddings', so when I finally reread him again (after I read GRRM's work and such), I came to the conclusion was worse than what I had imagined from the threads.

I read Tairy shortly after I found ASoIaF, trying to shake off that terrible feeling of "there's no more! :bawl:" I think it was the series that cured me of my ability to read trashy fantasy/sci-fi. About 200 or so pages through WFR, I remember thinking to myself: "there's something wrong with the dialogue in this book." I nonetheless read all the way through SotF before deciding I had lost enough brain cells for one lifetime.

I think I can also credit Tairy with starting me off as a writer. It wasn't long after I realized just how bad The Sword of Objectivist Propaganda was (and gave my copies to charity :cool:) that I also realized that I was a better writer. After that I started coming up with story ideas in earnest.

What is this "I"?

How, as lemmings, can any of us say "I hated him first."? Like the myriad legs of the centipede, we are ultimately one flesh. Infinitely conjoined siblings of moral discord and hatred for celery. It is not one of us that hated him first, it is all of us as one. And so shall it be unto the very end of Tairy himself.

"The Hatred of the Yeard turns, and books come and pass, leaving memories that become bad reviews. Bad reviews fade to general disdain, and even disdain is nigh forgotten when the next installment of the series that gave it birth comes again. On one website, called Westeros by some, fueled by hatred yet to come and hatred long past, an outcry arose.... The outcry was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Hatred of the Yeard.

But it was a beginning."

What is this "I"?

Your beautiful words of beauty have made weep.

"The Hatred of the Yeard turns, and books come and pass, leaving memories that become bad reviews. Bad reviews fade to general disdain, and even disdain is nigh forgotten when the next installment of the series that gave it birth comes again. On one website, called Westeros by some, fueled by hatred yet to come and hatred long past, an outcry arose.... The outcry was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Hatred of the Yeard.

But it was a beginning."

A reference I finally get!

Brilliant!

A Devices and Desires parody, MB? I shall be awaiting it with pleasure. :)

Well, I was just going to toss something together. But if it'll impress you... then I'm going to have to put extra effort into it. :smileysex:

I think I can also credit Tairy with starting me off as a writer. It wasn't long after I realized just how bad The Sword of Objectivist Propaganda was (and gave my copies to charity :cool:) that I also realized that I was a better writer. After that I started coming up with story ideas in earnest.

Ha. Tairy was responsible for my delusions as well. I figured - "If a hack like Tairy can get published, then I've got to have a fair shot at it." Plus, I picked up the writing bug from doing my first parody.

Ha. Tairy was responsible for my delusions as well. I figured - "If a hack like Tairy can get published, then I've got to have a fair shot at it." Plus, I picked up the writing bug from doing my first parody.

So Tairy actually got you (and possibly your "thing") to rise up and live your life as it should be lived?

I was going to call you a traitor to all lemminghood, but then I remembered that The Yeard strongly discourages everyone from taking up writing in his interviews. (Afraid of being upstaged I imagine. :D)

May you sell more copies than the most delusional of yeardites claims Tairy has sold!

I was going to call you a traitor to all lemminghood, but then I remembered that The Yeard strongly discourages everyone from taking up writing in his interviews. (Afraid of being upstaged I imagine. :D)

Well, it must be frustrating for him to see the parodies here are better written than his stuff.

Or wait, he considers his prose as the ultimate measure of good writing and thus would deem anything else inferior because it's not driven by the true moral celery and meaningfulness. :D

Yes, danro, Tairy made our things rise. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, he wasn't physically present at those times, so we couldn't kick him in the jaw.

My "thing" is actually more of a "gorge" in this case. I'd've kicked the hell out of his jaw having made the gorge rise so. Bastard.

Or wait, he considers his prose as the ultimate measure of good writing and thus would deem anything else inferior because it's not driven by the true moral celery and meaningfulness. :D

Not only that - he can write in stream-of-consciousness, never looking back or editing, and it will still be better and more celerious than the prose of anyone else, living, dead, or yet-to-be-born. Except for Ayn Rand.

Speaking of her, I once read a webcomic that had a story-arc where the ghost of Ayn Rand possessed one of the characters. In the end, she was only defeated when another character reminded her than she didn't believe in silly shit like ghosts.

My point: what if this is the source of Goodkind's lunacy? Did Rand unwittingly possess Goodkind and use him to churn out objectivist literature, little knowing that he was an absolute moron, and would irrevocably taint any of her work? It's a theory worth considering.

Not only that - he can write in stream-of-consciousness, never looking back or editing, and it will still be better and more celerious than the prose of anyone else, living, dead, or yet-to-be-born. Except for Ayn Rand.

Speaking of her, I once read a webcomic that had a story-arc where the ghost of Ayn Rand possessed one of the characters. In the end, she was only defeated when another character reminded her than she didn't believe in silly shit like ghosts.

My point: what if this is the source of Goodkind's lunacy? Did Rand unwittingly possess Goodkind and use him to churn out objectivist literature, little knowing that he was an absolute moron, and would irrevocably taint any of her work? It's a theory worth considering.

I could get on board with this theory.

Well, I was just going to toss something together. But if it'll impress you... then I'm going to have to put extra effort into it. :smileysex:

Uh, thanks MB. :)

That was the rallying cry of us Nanowrimo people, wasn't it? At least it'll be better than Tairy's!

Does anyone know if Mystar has ever met Tairy, or if Tairy knows who Mystar is? I picture Mystar as similar to the guy in Happy Gilmore who wants so badly to be Shooter McGavin's friend.

Mystar and several other have claimed and verified that mystar and Tairy know and have met with each other.

Holy Christ this is funny. What are the odds that the Yeard himself is aware of our posts and threads? Does anyone know if Mystar has ever met Tairy, or if Tairy knows who Mystar is? I picture Mystar as similar to the guy in Happy Gilmore who wants so badly to be Shooter McGavin's friend.

To the first question - I think Tairy knows about us, however he might claim to have no internet connection. He does. And he weeps daily. Or so I like to tell myself. And that makes me happy, so don't ruin it.

As for the second - Tairy and My* are BFF's. That you would even question that TRUTH, shows that you just don't get it.

That was the rallying cry of us Nanowrimo people, wasn't it? At least it'll be better than Tairy's!

Mystar and several other have claimed and verified that mystar and Tairy know and have met with each other.

Indeed. And as much as every word of my Nano "novel" sucked, it was still leagues better than SoT.

*Inspired by Goodkind*

(Ha, someday, when I get me one of those custom titles...)

I always like it when I read other books that have direct contrast with Tairy's, for example having a bad guy that acts exactly like Richard, etc. Latest thing that amused me is in The Thousandfold Thought, where Kellhus's evil ability to control people is described as being "through love!". Now, I know we already had a Bakker crossover parody with Richasurimbor Rahllus, or somesuch, but surely the character of Kahllhus would have been more accurate?

So, item, lemmings: in what ways, if any, does Kahlan's Confessor power differ from that of Kellhus?

I mean, apart from the fact that Kahlan's power is just a lame plot device pulled out of Tairy's arse, that has no logic or consistency.

*Inspired by Goodkind*

(Ha, someday, when I get me one of those custom titles...)

Hell, if I ever finish my book series (maybe someday), something like this'll be the dedication in book 2 I think..."Inspired by Goodkind - I knew I needed to do better."

Something like that I think...

Latest thing that amused me is in The Thousandfold Thought, where Kellhus's evil ability to control people is described as being "through love!". Now, I know we already had a Bakker crossover parody with Richasurimbor Rahllus, or somesuch, but surely the character of Kahllhus would have been more accurate?

So, item, lemmings: in what ways, if any, does Kahlan's Confessor power differ from that of Kellhus?

Didn't Khellus know that he was an ass-hole? Wasn't "through love" in refernce to how he manipulated everyone else into loving him? Which is, of course, in complete contrast to what Tairy tried.

Well, Khellus did turn everybody into mindless gushing worshipers - very similiarly to what Klan's power does.

Hell, if I ever finish my book series (maybe someday), something like this'll be the dedication in book 2 I think..."Inspired by Goodkind - I knew I needed to do better."

I want to publish a book, with a villainous character, and put on a cover blurb:

"[Character Name] is the biggest ass-hole since Richard Rahl!"

Or something like that. I'm sure that (in the event that such a thing might actually happen) one of the bloggers would help me out there.

Archived