BWB Burns Night

needle

Pretty good really - a whole range of options. I think Ser V's suggestion is absolutely perfect, but almost too good to be true. Not quite sure why they don't have it up on their website. Fingers crossed. This is the assembly rooms for the non-scots - http://www.assemblyroomsedinburgh.co.uk/

If not the thing in Polwarth sounds great Fee. I'll cancel the Staic Pollaidh booking tonight.

:)

Personally, I'm crossing fingers Ser V comes up with the goods. Like Zak, bit surprised it ain't on their site, but the web is often not up to date I guess.

Ok Hostels : I have the following list so far

Fri

Mormy

Mr Chal

Chal

Barry

Sean

ME

Goat

Daj

Sat

Mormy

Mr Chal

Chal

Barry

Sean

ME

Soph

Pod

Phil

Goat

Daj

You have till the end of the day to get on that list if you want a bed booked. (and I'll prolly come back and tell you all to book yer own. heh)

This is attendees

Mormont

chal and Beerbitch

sophelia

Branthe Builder

Zak and Mrs Zak

Ser V (and Lady V?)

GoN and Daj

Barry

Sean

Zollo

morair sneachd

Needle (+ 2 friends)

Tenalpia

John

Pod

Flippa

22 in all.

Right. I’ve spoken to the Assembly Rooms. They’ve got 136 tickets left and the guy said it was beginning to get busy. I said I would get back to him today. The tickets are £9 each.

Shall I go ahead and book this?

ser v - a yes from me. what's everyone's thoughts?

did they give you any more information about it.

and when and how do we have to pay?

fee - cheers for that list. i couldn't quite get my head around which folk were here when.

are your 2 friends aware that they're attending a geek-meet? :)

The Assembly Rooms option sounds really good - it's cheap, it's central, it's what we were looking for. On the other hand I can see why Mormont preferred the Polwarth option - it's a private party so we get a better opportunity to chat as a group, there's more chance of getting alternative options for vegetarians and allergists (what's the word for people like you Zak :unsure::D ) and we get to explore a few pubs that we probably wouldn't normally go to when visiting the big smoke. Don't know if there's enough time for a vote on this... How do we make this crucial decision? :unsure::bang:

One thing is that if we were considering coming around to mine first for a couple of drinks, the assembly rooms are only a 10 minute walk from the flat.

Might be nice for everyone to meet up like this before and head up as a crowd.

Assembly rooms is perfection, IMO. Please go ahead and book Ser V!

We can still hit the late night pubs and stuff after the assembly room, will go on till around 1 I should think.

My only tiny regret is that I was just getting ready to assign speeches to you all :P (Zak, you were getting stuck with The Immortal Memory, so breathe a sigh of relief)

ps : Zak..I asked Zelte if he wanted to stay in the hostel - he said , 'oh no, I'd rather not. Might wake up with Spock ears in the morning' :P

PPS : drinks at yours first sounds great too :)

As I said both options look good to me, but after looking at the assembly rooms website I have a sligh preference for this option. As long as there is plenty of booze available (which i'm sure there is, as its Scotland and Zak is keen :P ) then by all means Ser V, book it. :)

Good stuff. I'll starting transforming my living room into a reconstruction of the starship enterprise tonight.

ser v let me know if you need to put down a deposit or anything and i can meet you at lunchtime to go along to the ass rooms and split it with you.

fee - perhaps we can do some impromptu recitals in the pubs and clubs afterwards :)

ps - anyone seen daj or GoN here recently. they appear to have gone awol. *peers around*

filikame - in my bed!? I better check with ms zak first! :)

sure. you can stay here on friday :)

just missing you both. :love: where you staying for the meeting-up weekend? you guys fancy a rather small bed with a return of the jedi duvet? i know it doesn't compare with doctor who wallpaper, but it's not bad

Zak, if you can put me and daj up that would be awesome, but we are cool at the hostel too. Just let us know if you have room, and we'll let fee know to cancel. :kiss:

We are going to concieve our children on that duvet :D

Ewok children?

It would be fine dear. We have Zollo, Filikama and Mo aswell and we can fit 5 in fine in its a couple in the wee bedroom. The other 3 will have to sleep in the living room i'm afraid (unless ms zak lets filikama in our bed :lol: ).

Of course if anyone has a complete accomodation disaster we could probably squeeze them in too ... somewhere

Archived