BWB Burns Night

needle

East Coast Possie hang tight and loose and brace yo'selves.

If this means drinking ludicrous amount of beer and coining new in-jokes, then i'm all for it.

N

ps Sean, you still got the pig's snout - I surely would like to see that make a come back!

Hey Flip, I'm at prestwick as well, which airport are you flying from? yes, I'm flying from germany :)

GoN: if you don't leave without Flip, that will mean that I won't be lost in Edinburgh on my own :) I am relieved.

Dancing, no dancing, anything is fine with me by now. I agree with pod on this being a rather complicated gathering :)

And please excuse me for pretending-to-know-anything. Mo knows nothing, it is known, but I assume pointing that out all the time annoys everyone greatly.

Mo, I wouldn't leave without you either. We either all leave glasgow togther or not at all :P

The Shaolin Shadowboxing Clan of the West unite in the face of the Wu-Tang Sword Style of the East.

One in, all in.

Strength lies in the pack, not the Tu-Pac.

Cool. It takes about 20 minutes by bus from Edinburgh airport to the city centre. You can get the bus to the last stop just opposite Waverly Station. If you walk over to the gardens side of the Scott memorial - 2 minutes away from the station ( http://www.cac.org.uk/venues/scott.htm ) i'll meet you on a bench there at 1pm.

Feels very james bond-ish eh Sean?

I'm planning to take the train down to Edinburgh after work on the Friday: should get in about 7pm.

The alternative would be to take the afternoon off, I guess... could get there about 2 if I did that.

morair, I'm flying from Hahn.

I had a moment of panic again last evening, when I was trying to book a bus from Hahn to Lux for the return journey, and couldn't find an option for the last one that leaves at 00.30. Only after I studied it again this morning, I realised I'm supposed to chose a bus for Monday, instead of Sunday, cause that's the first bus on the next day.

<-- stoopid.

Pod, that's great, am I to expect your visit now? :P

So when is everyone planning on arriving and going?

And does anyone want to stay at mine?

What do people want to do on the saturday day?

My rough plan is

Brunch out in Broughton Street(?)

Walk up to Castle

Walk down Royal Mile stopping at couple of pubs

Past parliament and palace

Walk up Salisbury Crags and Arthur's Seat

Over to grassmarket for couple of pints.

Then back to mine for a couple of drinks

Then on to the evening festivities

Any suggestions?

Cool. It takes about 20 minutes by bus from Edinburgh airport to the city centre. You can get the bus to the last stop just opposite Waverly Station. If you walk over to the gardens side of the Scott memorial - 2 minutes away from the station ( http://www.cac.org.uk/venues/scott.htm ) i'll meet you on a bench there at 1pm.

Feels very james bond-ish eh Sean?

Be sure to wear a black rose and use the password 'dalla Edinburgh con amore'. Otherwise Zoollo will have to shoot you with a poison dart from his cufflink!

Archived