BWB Burns Night

needle

She will probably at least wait until my body is cold.

Run now.

Oh bollocks!

When I remember in my hungover state on Sunday morning, Mr Chal thought it was hilarious. I was curled up into a ball saying "I'm a hussy. I flashed my fat white stomach all over the place. I should have a red letter painted on me and be shunned by society!"

PS. The look of distaste on your face when you tried to introduce me by my real name, classic

Dude, do you know when I knew that your real name wasn't Barry - about a month ago, you gotta give me a little time here :)

N

Saturday Day

1 Who is arriving on Saturday and what times?

2 What do people want to do in the afternoon?

A – Visit the Castle

B – Visit the Museum of Scotland

C – Visit/ view the Palace and the Parliament

D – Climb the crags and Arthur’s Seat

I take it as read that we will head up to the Royal Mile and visit some pubs. We can also split into 2 groups – some of us can sit in the pub or a café We could do all of these things or none

Answers on a postcard to the BWB Burns Night thread, BWB Forum, ASOIAF Board, The Internet

If people want to do different things, I’m more than happy to split the tour guide duties with Zak.

Of course, if you come with me, that means you’ll have to get used to two things:

1: you’ll be getting told about Scottish things in a Na Zillun accent

2: a lot of my answers to questions may be ‘Um, not sure…’

Fili, if you don’t want to spend cash on the castle, the Parliament’s free and very interesting (and about the only building in Edinburgh that I actually know much about). Of course, given your new job, you may not want to spend any of your time off looking around government buildings…

C – Visit/ view the Palace and the Parliament

D – Climb the crags and Arthur’s Seat

these two are fairly easily combined, no? I'd love to go see the new parliament, anyway. (and I can prolly do a bit of a tour guide thingy bout it if needs be; certainly know enough about the place *waves resident edinburgh architect flag*)

I’m sort-of imagining

Am – lateish start – champagne breakfast for ms zak at mine

Late am – head up to princes street then walk up to castle

Lunch – Head to pub in royal mile or grassmarket

Early pm – Walk down royal mile – stop at 1 or 2 good pubs – see parliament and palace

Mid pm – split – 1) Walk up crags and arthur’s seat 2) Go back to pub (greyfriars?)

Late pm – meet back in pub – folk can go off and get ready for evening

Early evening – Drinks at mine – then head off to the assembly rooms

But quite willing to take in other’s peoples wants and needs :)

Sounds like a great plan :)

Last time I visited the Castle it took me about a whole day to see all I wanted to see, and with the rightful complaint that it is expensive, maybe taking a look from the outside is a good idea? Otherwise I'm fine with everything, and I even volunteer to carry Charldanya as I really want to see Arthur's seat :)

Thanks for the offer hon, but you really don't want to do that - i'd break ya!

TBH I'm not much fashed about what we do during the day. It'll be good to hang out with you all - it doesn't matter where we are when we do that.

N

Probably be arriving early afternoon on Saturday - so will be looking for the sensible souls waiting in the pub for the lunatics climbing up a big f**k off hill in January ;) It there's anyone who will definitely be in a pub early to mid afternoon - can I give you my mobile number to text me what pubs you're in...? :D Any volunteers - just pm me... I've got Mormont's number but I've a feeling that he'll be a lunatic hill hugger ;)

Archived