BWB Burns Night

needle

Daj, mo, john, sean, and barry. We can hang out at the Yates pub in the train station and await you and mo and drink. it will be fun, and we wil be hard to miss :D

Probably be arriving early afternoon on Saturday - so will be looking for the sensible souls waiting in the pub for the lunatics climbing up a big f**k off hill in January ;) It there's anyone who will definitely be in a pub early to mid afternoon - can I give you my mobile number to text me what pubs you're in...? :D Any volunteers - just pm me... I've got Mormont's number but I've a feeling that he'll be a lunatic hill hugger ;)

Ten - I am pretty sure I wont be climbing any fuck off hills and thus will definitely be in a pub :D

Filippa - Just ask a cab driver to take you to the place where the two twats with the english accents are 'naked gut barging' and you will find us. ;)

....or true enlightenment!! :cool:

My drinking days are far behind me now - I'm a serious light weight since having children - they are a proven cure for alcohol abuse! Just imagine three screaming youngsters when you've got a hangover :ack:

I'll be arriving at 7:30 Saturday morning in Edinburgh. Woohoo. :P So i'm not sure who I should be trying to wake up at around 9am. The gang at Zaks or at the hostel. ;) Actually Needle, could you put the address of the hostel in your opening post on this thread, so it will be easy to find in a few days? How far is Zak's from the hostel anyhow?

Since I wouldn't be with you guys Friday, I should be able to climb hills on Saturday. Although I do wonder about the rest of you. :P Going to the Parliament building works too. I'll just follow people around anyhow...

My train arrives (in theory) at 2.19pm on Saturday. I lived in Edinburgh from 1988-1992 so I've 'done' the castle. Can never have too much of Arthur's seat. Woah Arthur! Ooops. The Parliament building wasn't even conceived when I was there, so a visit there might be interesting. I'm sure the museum has changed too. So, whatever. I'd definitely be in the activity team not the pub-all-day team though.

No more to say - I'm in an advanced state of knackeredness*. :(

S

*or is that knackeration?

Daj, mo, john, sean, and barry. We can hang out at the Yates pub in the train station and await you and mo and drink. it will be fun, and we wil be hard to miss

Sounds like a good plan, especially as it means that I do not have to try to explain to taxi drivers how to find a certain street in Glasgow when a) I have no idea how to drive anywhere in Glasgow and B) the driver does not have his reading glasses with him and thusly cannot even read the route map I was mercifully equipped with;)

And fear of further abuse of english language and grammar as well as making more of a fool of myself will keep me from drinking amounts which might cancel hill-climbing or getting to Edinburgh somehow, so right now I am not worried about that :) Ask me in less than two weeks, though ... ;)

Daj, mo, john, sean, and barry. We can hang out at the Yates pub in the train station and await you and mo and drink. it will be fun, and we wil be hard to miss

sounds perfect.

since you're the last to arrive you can have the job of taking all the drunk people to edinburgh.

sounds perfect. We'll get to Edinburgh... eventually. Everyone took a week off work, I hope? :P

And fear of further abuse of english language and grammar as well as making more of a fool of myself will keep me from drinking amounts which might cancel hill-climbing or getting to Edinburgh somehow

mor, it is my experience that the more one drinks, the better their command of foreign... tongues becomes. Ahem.

Soph, the Museum definitely has changed since those days. It's still one of my favourite places in Edinburgh though. :)

And I have some familiarity with the city myself, having lived and worked there or thereabouts for seven years. I even go there occasionally now. ;)

GoN, wherever did you get such a wonderful sig? :P

I'll be arriving at 7:30 Saturday morning in Edinburgh. Woohoo. :P So i'm not sure who I should be trying to wake up at around 9am. The gang at Zaks or at the hostel. ;) Actually Needle, could you put the address of the hostel in your opening post on this thread, so it will be easy to find in a few days? How far is Zak's from the hostel anyhow?

Since I wouldn't be with you guys Friday, I should be able to climb hills on Saturday. Although I do wonder about the rest of you. :P Going to the Parliament building works too. I'll just follow people around anyhow...

Pod, you can give me a call on the Saturday morning and dump your stuff at my place. I can meet you in town. If your flight lands at 7.30, you'll be in central E'burgh by about 8.10. I can meet you at the Waverley bus stop

I’ll PM you my mobile number

What is the ETA for arrival of the Glasgow lot in Edinburgh on Friday?

My flat is pretty close to the bus station (3-4 minutes walk) and train station (10 minutes) – (at the topish right of this map Barony Street (my road) runs parallel between London Street and Albany Street connecting to Dublin Street and Broughton Street at each end: http://www.edinburghcastle.biz/popups/map.html )

What hostel are you guys in again?

And here is some pics of Arthur’s Seat – one of the best city centre parks in the world - http://www.firstcity.force9.co.uk/newgallery/holly11.htm

eta - ser v - if you're willing to get up that early i won't protest, then you can come around to our for ms zak's champagne

eta - ser v - if you're willing to get up that early i won't protest, then you can come around to our for ms zak's champagne

Sweet, bro

BTW, we need to organise something this week or next for meeting up with our laydeez. I'll get back to you later today

Archived