Kay and GD in LA!

[quote name='Teri' post='1280803' date='Mar 19 2008, 19.00']Up? Don't you mean down?

I am really thinking about it. Send me the details.[/quote]

We're staying in West Hollywood, I get in the night of the 10th, leave sometime the 13th. Possibly hitting a trek convention if I can schedule it and still make a flight back to the TC on sunday.

[quote name='Kay Fury' post='1281050' date='Mar 19 2008, 20.31']We're staying in West Hollywood, I get in the night of the 10th, leave sometime the 13th. Possibly hitting a trek convention if I can schedule it and still make a flight back to the TC on sunday.[/quote]

I couldn't handle that much time away, but I could probably make either Friday or Saturday night. What day is planned for the club hopping with FD?

[quote name='Teri' post='1280117' date='Mar 19 2008, 10.58']You know, you guys are [i]seriously[/i] tempting me.

And Goddess Dictator, I owe you thanks for NHAW. It turned my life around. :D[/quote]

hey! thanks. :pirate: just doing my duty miss. just doing my naked hatted duty. hahahaha.
always glad to make the world a better place through nakedness and hats. im already plotting for next year.

but yeah it is freeing isn't it?

alright that's it though. you did just commit yourself to showing up. i heard you. didn't you k? you'r coming. and cuellar. and bronn DRIVE UR ASS DOWN!
san fran is not that far.
and issy, we're seeing you! and hmm. everyone show up!
it'll be worth it. after all im showing K west hollywood. you dont want to miss it.

• 3 weeks later...
I've made my reservation at the Ramada West Hollywood, printed out the driving directions from Google Maps, and loaded your cell numbers into my phone.

It claims to be a 5.5 hour drive; I'll probably arrive in LA about 4 pm Sat, and leave there about noon Sunday. Obviously the arrival time is very approximate.

I'll call when I'm about an hour away and find out if I should meet you at the Ramada or elsewhere.

[quote name='Faceless Dude' post='1308466' date='Apr 9 2008, 18.38']My arrival time on Sunday is looking to be around 11 or so. Hopefully we can all get together for lunch before you get back on the road Teri.[/quote]

Sure, if you are not going to be there on Saturday, I can leave a bit later on Sunday. There is no pressing need to get home by any specific time.

[quote name='Kay Fury' post='1311127' date='Apr 11 2008, 19.46']so far we have avoided arrest, but we have been causing ample troubles among the locals[/quote]

But the burning question is, any progress on the Zachary Quinto front yet?

That [i]is[/i] why you went to L.A., isn't it? :D

I have pics, but haven't uploaded them yet.

I arrived in West Hollywood right on schedule at 4 pm Sat, and Kay and GD joined me a few minutes later. The main topic of conversation over our early dinner at the French Quarter was comparing scars, and stories of how we got them. Have GD tell you her story of steeling herself up to walk over a hallway full of broken glass when she was twelve, to get out to the living room where her mother was playing music so loud she couldn't hear her calling.

After dinner we went to the main tourist area of Hollywood and looked at the hand and foot prints in front of the Chinese theatre and watched the costumed street entertainers on Hollywood Blvd, then we stopped at American Apparel and all bought the same style of scoop neck cap sleeve T in different colors (GD in black, Kay one in red and one in green, and me one in brown and one in magenta - you'll see us wearing them in the pics), then we went to the apartment where GD and Kay are staying with Kay's best friend. We changed our clothes and put on more eye makeup, and then all went to a dance club called The Factory that was having a "she night", which meant that it catered to lesbians.

The club closed at 2 am, and then we went to an IHOP to eat. I didn't get back to my hotel until 3:50 am, and then it took me a while to brush teeth and wash my face and all before turning in. Kay and Goddess Dictator said they expect to sleep in this morning, but I can't sleep once the sun comes up. (Unless I'm sick, that is.) So I've been awake since 6:10. I feel fine now, but I imagine I'm going to need lots of coffee to make it through the drive home later today.

I'm back home, and have uploaded some pictures from my visit.

[url="http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/images/LA_visit/"]http://tpettit.best.vwh.net/images/LA_visit/[/url]

This is just a folder right now; I haven't had time yet to format a web page for them with captions and all.

[quote name='Ser Laron' post='1313051' date='Apr 14 2008, 02.43']Nice :)
Is that a smile on Kay's lips?[/quote]

Both Kay and GD preferred the solemn look for pictures, but I'm a big fan of smiles myself, so I kept waiting for the smiles before I would push the button. (Well, not on all the pictures, but on enough of them that the smile quotient is higher than it would have been otherwise.)

Archived