Erepublik 3

Guy Kilmore

[quote name='Kat' post='1557139' date='Oct 15 2008, 18.13']I don't know what the new wellness regain formula is--someone said it might be q(house)+q(food)/2...but I don't know.[/quote]
I am curious myself. Now that I have my home and I jotted down the wellness level, I am going to see if I can figure it out. (87.4)

Oh, also, YW, Guy is right. You should write an article that addresses why the following strategy is good:

1) Low taxes
2) Exporting more
3) Having informal MPPs with neighboring countries rather than wasting money on the 30 gold/month it takes to maintain an official MPP. (I would say part of it is that Pakistan and Indonesia are going to be busy fighting resistance wars very soon, and probably wouldn't want to waste a war on fighting our puny country.)

[quote name='Kat' post='1557154' date='Oct 15 2008, 18.26']Oh, also, YW, Guy is right. You should write an article that addresses why the following strategy is good:

1) Low taxes
2) Exporting more
3) Having informal MPPs with neighboring countries rather than wasting money on the 30 gold/month it takes to maintain an official MPP. (I would say part of it is that Pakistan and Indonesia are going to be busy fighting resistance wars very soon, and probably wouldn't want to waste a war on fighting our puny country.)[/quote]

I will also say that if any PEACE country tries to attack us, ATLANTIS probably won't want it to happen. My guess is the reverse is true as well.

[quote name='Apollo2113' post='1557162' date='Oct 15 2008, 18.32']Also, it seems like resistance war has started in Norway. Does this mean the war module has been implemented?[/quote]
Not from what I can see. My guess is they will have a month to prepare.

[quote name='Harlot' post='1557114' date='Oct 15 2008, 18.49']Well dammit, I seem to have lost all my gifts and moving tix but kept all my Q1 food. Ugh, I'm really not liking the new set-up.[/quote]
Me neither. They gave me back all my weapons, but they are now all Q1 instead of Q3.

Q1 food company up for sale at 18 gold if anyone's interested. I'm not sure if my company always had 20 gold in its inventory or all companies got given 20, but it did just before. Claimed it, so now I have enough to buy a resource company. Anyone have any ideas as to what kind I should start up?

For the wellness, I think the wiki had some formulae, but it left me a bit confused (just search wellness).

ETA: Can someone please from Thailand please check and see if there's gifts from Chataya's Gifts on the market - it's not showing up in my marketplace despite the fact I have 60 for sale....

OK, I took the Food Company... Mainly because I wanted to see what it was like in-game to be a GM...

So... I had to quit Dragonstone to do it... anyway... once they fix the bugs Sabai foods will be out there with reasonably priced food items...

I wanted to gain some experience in food-something new for me... but as a GM I can't work so I'm not sure how that is going to work since before you could work for your SOs..

Living and learnin!

I think that means we now have companies in all the old types in Thailand (except hospital, but that's to be expected).

Looking at the create companies page, it may only cost 20 gold to create a company now, so I can start 2 companies. I'm in northern Thailand, which has grain and iron as medium productivity, so it would be best to create those companies?

SLP, check to see if the company has 20 gold in it's accounts, I'm pretty sure I didn't have it in mine when I bought it, so hopefully all companies got that much, and the person selling didn't realise.

Nope... no extra gold... in fact I've lost 4 gold trying twice to change the name of the company... I've sent that to the Admins... which I expect will result in NOTHING happening since none of my previous attempts to correct anything have had any responses.

Argh LP.....today was like the worst time to quit working for us. Being a GM means you cannot work, so you don't add to the productivity of either company. Meanwhile, now there are only 2 of us at Dragonstone Homes with skill above 2, which means we're paying a bunch of employees without getting any productivity from them. You should transfer your food company to Tyrell Holdings, keep record of how much money each of us has invested in TH, and then be a worker for either your food company or Dragonstone.

[quote name='Kat' post='1557763' date='Oct 15 2008, 22.58']Argh LP.....today was like the worst time to quit working for us. Being a GM means you cannot work, so you don't add to the productivity of either company. Meanwhile, now there are only 2 of us at Dragonstone Homes with skill above 2, which means we're paying a bunch of employees without getting any productivity from them. You should transfer your food company to Tyrell Holdings, keep record of how much money each of us has invested in TH, and then be a worker for either your food company or Dragonstone.[/quote]
I would agree with it. It is a good idea to get these companies under an SO that can handle them. You are needed in the workforce. (I hope there is a way that SOs can still be used to control companies. I think it is stupid that GM's can't contribute to production. What does that say about people that run companies....)

The eThailand discussion is interesting. Do you think TNT actually feels there is a threat to their power base?

I don't think most of their power base is reading any of the discussion. There are a few people going out and commenting for them, but I think the rest of them just show up to work and train, and don't really care about anything one way or another.

There have been a few comments by new citizens...they have both been English speakers, and I think they both joined the TRP, which has had more of a presence than our parties. I know YW is sick right now, but after he comes back, we need to figure out what's going on with the 2 (3?) parties we control, consolidate as much as possible, and then step up the media presence as the other main flag waver for the United Opposition. Also, I think to show solidarity with the TRP and ISCP, we should use that phrase as much as possible; both parties have been good about mentioning that it's everyone vs. the TNT, not just TRP, while Rockman has directed most of his insults toward the TRP.

I just wrote [url="http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/health-formula-has-changed-discussion-about-gift-exchange-689301/1"]an article intended as a discussion about an eThai gift exchange[/url]; it would be nice to get some votes on it so that people notice it's there.

Archived