Erepublik 3

Guy Kilmore

[quote name='Weekapaug' post='1538606' date='Oct 1 2008, 11.11']Hm, I put a CV out recently and the only offers I have received have been for between 3-3.5USD. My wellness is up to 100 now. (Thanks for all the gifts everyone :))[/quote]

Those are pretty weak considering you have 100 wellness. Id wait it out until you hit 3.0 skill and then write to a few q3 companies and see what they offer you.

YW

[quote name='Young Wolf' post='1538586' date='Oct 2 2008, 01.28']Callum did you resign from Valyrian Steel?[/quote]

I did as Iwent to work for Chataya's Gifts to try to help out... Turns out with only one skill, I'm not really helping out much, so I'm willing to come back. I just trawled the CV's and offered cheap jobs to all the new people, no matter what industry they were after.

My CV's back up if you're willing to rehire me, I'll stay put this time :P

Not a problem, gave me something to do in front of the TV. Lets hope it brings us closer together, like some sort of secret society ;)

Was anyone else planning on migrating to Thailand at some stage?

I do want to move to Thailand, but I sort of want to buy a house first, something which is currently not within my means. But I just accepted a job offer which gave me a raise from $6 to $10.50, which is sweet. PMing Q2 or Q3 companies who announce their pay schedule is totally the way to go, Week. That's how you find out you're underpaid at your old job, anyway.

Edit: Guy, if I move to Salem, will you buy me a house? :P

I just noticed a monthly tax box in the top right of my profile near my wellness score/housing level indicator. It wants me to pay 5USD for October. Has this always been there? I don't think I've ever paid before. Where does the money go?

Also, did anyone found a housing company? I think there was talk about this a while back. I have a 4.5 housing skill and currently make 12USD per day with 100 wellness. Assuming I would take a pay hit in a new company does anyone need some help to offset those skill 1.0 workers?

I'm guessing you bought a house recently. Every month you have to pay taxes on the house that you own and any companies that you own. The size of the tax is set by the government. As to the housing company, I don't think anyone has yet, see if you can invite some people and then pool gold with other people.

Level 2 weapons owned by YW, and a level 1 gifts owned by me.

Got tax back (real life), and it was bigger than I expected, so I splurged on 20 gold. If I find 10 more gold (trying to invite some new people), I'll purchase a Q1 housing company.

Everyone should start moving to Thailand soonish. Ive been PMing my ass off since yesterday and Ive gotten some good responses and I think our country is going to be flooded with new citizens soon.

There are companies for sale under 40gold right now and Im attempting to persuade the government folks (TNT party) to start up a housing raffle here. So if anyone wants to buy that housing company for sale, and then offer it up to be used as the government housing provider...easy money.

YW

[quote name='Young Wolf' post='1540190' date='Oct 2 2008, 11.21']Everyone should start moving to Thailand soonish. Ive been PMing my ass off since yesterday and Ive gotten some good responses and I think our country is going to be flooded with new citizens soon.

There are companies for sale under 40gold right now and Im attempting to persuade the government folks (TNT party) to start up a housing raffle here. So if anyone wants to buy that housing company for sale, and then offer it up to be used as the government housing provider...easy money.

YW[/quote]
I plan on moving to Thailand as soon as my term is up. Remember as well that when V1 launches some skills are going to be combined between Manufacturing, Construction, and something else.

The only reason I snagged the mayoral seat was to see if enough money could come in to grant someone a house.

Kat,
Message me with an idea of how your funds are. I might be able to "loan" you some of my own scratch for a house.

Bormon,
If we are leaving the us, the party in the US is kind of useless. It is my thought that we convert the treasurey to some USD and give people who don't have houses, homes. The rest we can keep as gold for investment/converting to THB. I figure this is ethically sound because really, to my knowledge, only I, you and YW put some money into the account. What are your thoughts?

[quote name='Callum' post='1539935' date='Oct 2 2008, 09.02']Level 2 weapons owned by YW, and a level 1 gifts owned by me.

Got tax back (real life), and it was bigger than I expected, so I splurged on 20 gold. If I find 10 more gold (trying to invite some new people), I'll purchase a Q1 housing company.[/quote]
I have 10 gold that I can donate to that endeavor. I have 10 Gold in YW's company, I can invest 10gs your way. I just have no way of getting you that gold easily. (I need someone in the US to move there and I can send it along with them. That or we can be risky and post in Money Exchange Market,))

[quote name='Guy Kilmore' post='1540293' date='Oct 2 2008, 13.21']Bormon,
If we are leaving the us, the party in the US is kind of useless. It is my thought that we convert the treasurey to some USD and give people who don't have houses, homes. The rest we can keep as gold for investment/converting to THB. I figure this is ethically sound because really, to my knowledge, only I, you and YW put some money into the account. What are your thoughts?[/quote]

I donated to the BwB. And I don't mind using the $ for this purpose. I agree there is no reason to continue the party if everyone is moving to Thailand. As I said before, I intend to stick around long enough to get some combat experience. I have some gold and would be willing to invest it in a housing/construction company in Thailand.

Archived