U.S. Politics I

Foreverlad

[quote name='Ser Scot A Ellison' post='1584942' date='Nov 11 2008, 10.35']Lev,

I'm saying it looks suspious when it happens again and again and the party that benefits, is the Democratic party.

Can someone please post an example of ballots discovered after a Democratic win resulting in a Republican win?[/quote]

I'm saying it looks suspicious when voter suppression happens again and again and the party that benifits, is the Republican party.

Can someone please post an example of voter suppression helping the Democrats more than the Republicans?

Of course people already gave you the answer Scot. Higher population counties are democrat. When you're counting 350,000 ballots instead of 20-25k ballots there is a higher chance of error. It is simple and plain statistics. Of course you have to see a conspiracy everywhere.

Arakasi,

[quote]I'm saying it looks suspicious when voter suppression happens again and again and the party that benifits, is the Republican party.

Can someone please post an example of voter suppression helping the Democrats more than the Republicans?

Of course people already gave you the answer Scot. Higher population counties are democrat. When you're counting 350,000 ballots instead of 20-25k ballots there is a higher chance of error. It is simple and plain statistics. Of course you have to see a conspiracy everywhere.[/quote]

Fair enough.

[quote name='Ser Scot A Ellison' post='1584942' date='Nov 11 2008, 08.35']Lev,

I'm saying it looks suspious when it happens again and again and the party that benefits, is the Democratic party.

Can someone please post an example of ballots discovered after a Democratic win resulting in a Republican win?[/quote]

Scot,

When uncounted ballots are counted, the true winner in Democracy.

You have failed to offer a single piece of evidence that the discovered ballots were falsified by the way.

Election season never fails to remind me how much utter incompetence, stupidity and possibly intentional fraud is going on on state, county, and precinct levels. It is un-f***ing-believable how a country, which thinks of itself as the leader of the free world, the shining beacon of freedom and democracy, continues to fail epically in one of the most basic tasks a democratic nation must be able accomplish: to hold a fair election. It's not rocket science. It's barely above third grade math in fact. Here's a few questions to ponder. In many polling places, why does it take hours to stand in line before one actually gets to vote? If the microbrains of the election board cannot figure out how to cut lines to an acceptable wait of maybe 15 min, let f*cking Walmart hold the election. How comes Walmart can keep the checkout counter lines under 10 min. and even squeeze a g*d-damned profit out of their operation? The idiocy continues with ballot design. Do I need to say more than f*cking Palm Beach? ... I didn't think so either. Ok, next thing, gathering all votes. F*ck it. A this point I think the homeless in CA are more efficient in collecting empty bottles for the cash return value than the obviously lobotomized election officials are with collecting ballots from polling places. Finally, counting all the votes. WTF? It's one plus one plus one ... Seriously guys, It's not that difficult. Have you heard about Calabi-Yau manifolds, Einstein's field equations or the Monster group? See, that requires difficult math. Counting ballots does not, unless, apparently, when you're an election official.

At this point, I would welcome foreign observers to the elections. I would welcome more federal oversight, and to hell with the state rights' crowd. That ship has sailed long time ago. From Florida straight to the SCOTUS, in november 2000 to be precise. It is a shame. It is a shame that this country is not capable, or doesn't find it necessary to hold fair elections to express the will of the people. How comes that European countries don't seem to have these problems? And it's not a matter of size. Germany for instance has a population more than 1/4 of the size of the US. In this time and age, the reason for this ritual f*ckup can only be ascribed to unwillingness, incompetence or both. It's a shame, really, no matter how you look at it.

F*ck, I completely forgot voter registration, another cesspool of incompetence.

Lev,

You are correct. I've shown no evidence of falsification other than the circumstances surrounding the ballots discovery. I don't live in Washington State, or Minnesota, garnering that evidence is somewhat difficult for me at this point. I'm saying it looks funny. That's all.

Some interesting notes on Dean's legacy and possible future:

[url="http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/12/us/politics/12web-nagourney.html"]http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/12/us/polit...-nagourney.html[/url]

[i]"That said, the man who Mr. Dean fought bitterly and famously with over his 50-state strategy was Representative Rahm Emanuel, the Illinois Democrat who headed the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee — and who Mr. Obama named last week as his chief of staff."[/i]

There is a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth on Daily Kos and places such as Open Left about the 50 state strategy (well technically more like 35, there are some like Alabama that they didn't go into). I don't think Obama choosing Rahm means that he is trashing the strategy. Axelrod and Plouffe are big fans of it. They are likely wanting to incorporate it into Obama's own operation. Tbh, some of the hystrionics coming from the left right now is a bit overboard. They all want Obama to do 20 different things simultaneously. The big things they seem to be bitching about atm are Liebermen and the 50 state thing. Would be nice if Obama would send someone to talk to them to tell them to chill the fuck out.

[quote name='cyrano' post='1585190' date='Nov 11 2008, 14.14']You guys dont deserve my jokes. Like casting pearl before domestic animals.....[/quote]

I'm sure it was very funny, I'm just not that smart.

"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic." by Joseph Stalin.

Of course, he had a different point in mind, about how we empathize more with individual cases that have been humanized to us, rather than an abstract notion of millions dead. I was claiming Ser Scot found those poor disenfranchized 32 votes he could give a face to more compelling than the 10s of thousands of votes that had just been found in Alaska.

This joke is rendered even unfunnier now that I have explained it.

[quote name='Ser Scot A Ellison' post='1584894' date='Nov 11 2008, 11.06']Lev,

Yes I think all the ballots should be counted. I simply find it suspciously convenient that democratic officals (repeatedly) discover ballots that help their candidate weeks after the election.[/quote]
Scot, there's two sides to that coin. One possibility is that it's suspicious that Democrats keep finding ballots. The other possibility is that it's suspicious that Democrats keep [i]having[/i] to find these ballots. It's unclear whether the Republicans are hiding them or if the Democrats are falsifying them, but given the two parties' behavior in recent years, if I had to pick between those two, my money would be on the former.

What do we think about these articles, which claim that years after the fact the Democrats managed to get a copy of the voter record from Diebold and found that the database had been tampered with and was terribly unprotected?

[url="http://www.bradblog.com/?p=6656"]http://www.bradblog.com/?p=6656[/url]
[url="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shannyn-moore/stolen-election-in-alaska_b_141704.html"]http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shannyn-moor...a_b_141704.html[/url]

[quote name='Arakasi' post='1585103' date='Nov 11 2008, 13.24']There is a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth on Daily Kos and places such as Open Left about the 50 state strategy (well technically more like 35, there are some like Alabama that they didn't go into). I don't think Obama choosing Rahm means that he is trashing the strategy. Axelrod and Plouffe are big fans of it. They are likely wanting to incorporate it into Obama's own operation. Tbh, some of the hystrionics coming from the left right now is a bit overboard. They all want Obama to do 20 different things simultaneously. The big things they seem to be bitching about atm are Liebermen and the 50 state thing. Would be nice if Obama would send someone to talk to them to tell them to chill the fuck out.[/quote]

The Kosians have been waiting to win for years now..... so they can start thte Democratic Purge.

[quote name='Ser Scot A Ellison' post='1585378' date='Nov 11 2008, 16.31']Inigima,

I think the ablity of the diebold machines to be hacked is extremely problematic.[/quote]

I think the fact that the system has been proven to drop votes randomly is criminal on a massive scale.

In other news, part of the GOP leadership has put off identifying with the common man until the next elections and gone on a cruise:

[i]When Joe Six-pack suffers a severe setback, he might cry in his beer. The Republican elite could be found this week on a Caribbean cruise after being stung in the Nov. 4 elections.

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson joined policy analysts and 700 subscribers who want to revive the Republican Party on the cruise hosted by the National Review, a conservative magazine.
Most of the passengers booked oceanview and veranda cabins at $2,400 to $3,000 per person, according to the Cruise Authority, the U.S. company that arranged the trip.[/i]
[url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_campaignplus/20081111/ap_ca/cb_caribbean_gop_ship"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_campaignplus/20...ibbean_gop_ship[/url]

It would be funnier if McCain and Palin were there, but it's still pretty amusing.

Hardy Drew and the Nancy Boys, a bar band in Ireland have this great song about Barack.

I can't access youtube, so I hope this link works...if not the lyrics are below. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eKZryEAzUg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eKZryEAzUg[/url]

No one as Irish as Barack OBama O'Leary, O'Reilly, O'Hare and O'Hara There's no one as Irish as Barack O'Bama

You don't believe me, I hear you say But Barack's as Irish, as was JFK His granddaddy's daddy came from Moneygall A small Irish village, well known to you all

Toor a loo, toor a loo, toor a loo, toor a lama There's no one as Irish As Barack O'Bama

He's as Irish as bacon and cabbage and stew He's Hawaiian he's Kenyan American too He’s in the white house, He took his chance Now let’s see Barack do Riverdance

Toor a loo, toor a loo, toor a loo, toor a lama There's no one as Irish As Barack O'Bama

From Kerry and cork to old Donegal Let’s hear it for Barack from old moneygall From the lakes if Killarney to old Connemara There’s no one as Irish as Barack O’Bama

O'Leary, O'Reilly, O'Hare and O'Hara There's no one as Irish as Barack O'Bama From the old blarney stone to the great hill of Tara There's no one as Irish as Barack O'Bama

2008 the white house is green, their cheering in Mayo and in Skibereen. The Irish in Kenya, and in Yokahama, Are cheering for President Barack O’Bama

O'Leary, O'Reilly, O'Hare and O'Hara There's no one as Irish as Barack O'Bama

The Hockey Moms gone, and so is McCain They are cheering in Texas and in Borrisokane,

In Moneygall town, the greatest of drama, for our Famous president Barack o Bama

The great Stephen Neill, a great man of God, He proved that Barack was from the Auld Sod They came by bus and they came by car, to celebrate Barack in Ollie Hayes’s Bar

O'Leary, O'Reilly, O'Hare and O'Hara There's no one as Irish as Barack O'Bama2

[quote name='cyrano' post='1585232' date='Nov 11 2008, 14.40']"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic." by Joseph Stalin.

Of course, he had a different point in mind, about how we empathize more with individual cases that have been humanized to us, rather than an abstract notion of millions dead. I was claiming Ser Scot found those poor disenfranchized 32 votes he could give a face to more compelling than the 10s of thousands of votes that had just been found in Alaska.

This joke is rendered even unfunnier now that I have explained it.[/quote]

Ah, right. Thanks. And sorry. :lol:

I was expecting the easier joke about how 29% of the vote in Alaska probably [i]is[/i] 32 people.

And I'm guessing that Scot thinks these 32 ballots might be from poor, disenfranchised, fabricated imaginary voters.

[quote name='Cocomaan' post='1586277' date='Nov 12 2008, 09.50']American University says that turnout was around the [url="http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/images/11/06/pdf.gansre08turnout.au.pdf"]same level as 2004.[/url]

So, the predictions that this was going to be the year we got incredible voter turnout were sadly untrue.[/quote]
That's interesting. I guess it depends on where you live. Voter turnout here was above 75%.

Archived