Official Casting: The Lannisters

Ran

Like Dolph Lundgren and Brigette Nielson? :D

Seriously, I think Jaime looked more "identical" (I know that they are paternal) when they were younger. I am sure their gender changes after puberty (breasts & hips, muscles & voice) have differentiated them significantly. Jaime is described as a big strapping & dangerous looking guy (unlike Loras) even when he was only 15 (when he joined the Kingsguard). Cersei is all curves, boobs and legs, not waifish at all.

Both Jaime and Cersei are described as beautiful, but they are the yin to the other's yang. The epitomy of masculinity and femininity. Just my 2 cents.

EXACTLY like Lundgren and Nielson!! :D

I can agree with what you're saying, and yes, Jaime is of course a "masculine guy", but for identical twins there has to be some similarity in features. They can of course focus more on their emotional connection rather than any physical similarities and ignore the fact that they were identical twins, and, hopefully, still make it work as well as it does in the book. They just need to make sure the two actors can act their proverbial socks off! :)

EXACTLY like Lundgren and Nielson!! :D

I can agree with what you're saying, and yes, Jaime is of course a "masculine guy", but for identical twins there has to be some similarity in features. They can of course focus more on their emotional connection rather than any physical similarities and ignore the fact that they were identical twins, and, hopefully, still make it work as well as it does in the book. They just need to make sure the two actors can act their proverbial socks off! :)

Does Martin ever say they are identical twins?

99.9% of all Boy/Girl twins are fraternal. The .1% that are identical are the result of a genetic disease called Turner Syndrome in the girl(which almost always results in infertility).

http://multiples.about.com/od/funfacts/a/boygirlident.htm

• 5 weeks later...
I think they are both too old and though lena headey rocks she's too brooding to be cersei.

While she came off as brooding in both "Sarah Connor Chronicles" and "300," I have seen her in other roles and she can play some very different types. Try "Remains of the Day" or "Aberdeen" - these are very different characters than what you are probably more familiar with from her two most famous roles.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This may or may not have been said before. I don't have the patience to go back through this thread.

I think the -perfect- guy for Jaime would be Paul Bettany.

Paul

Lena

Give them both full wigs of golden hair and I think they could pass for twins. Plus we all know Bettany has the acting chops to pull of Jaime.

This may or may not have been said before. I don't have the patience to go back through this thread.

I think the -perfect- guy for Jaime would be Paul Bettany.

Paul

Lena

Give them both full wigs of golden hair and I think they could pass for twins. Plus we all know Bettany has the acting chops to pull of Jaime.

Jaime and Cersei have, of course, already been cast. In fact, they've already been filming the pilot for the last few weeks. The best source for info on the pilot, now shooting, and everything else about the series is the wonderful Winter is Coming blog.

• 2 months later...

Hmm, give me some Scorpy! I could be on board with that.

I was actually watching some of my old arscape DVDs after the thought of casting Gigi Edgely as Shay had hit me (to double check myself)... and I saw a few scenes with Scorpious where I just said to myself, give him some blond hair, and take away the S&M outfit and that's Tywin!

I know it has been suggested a million times but I think Patrick Stewart would fit the role of Tywin very well.

And, when his sister Genna was described in the books, the first name which came to mind was Dolly Parton(big bosomed, blonde hair).

And, even though I think Lena Headey is a great pick for Cersei, my choice would be Kathryn Morris of Cold Case. She's blonde, attractive, and has a "bitchy" persona, and Kathryn has played some conniving ladies in her career.

When it came to Jaime, I always thought of Matthew McCongnahey.

As for Shae, Hilary Swank, maybe?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hands down, Will Patton should be Kevan Lannister.

IMDB

Looks exactly like I picture Kevan and has has pulled off the same termpermant I imagine Kevan having in numerous other roles. He has done TV before (CSI, Numbers, 24) and IMDB doesn't have him associated with any projects filming at the moment. Dave and Dan, please make is so. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hands down, Will Patton should be Kevan Lannister.

IMDB

Looks exactly like I picture Kevan and has has pulled off the same termpermant I imagine Kevan having in numerous other roles. He has done TV before (CSI, Numbers, 24) and IMDB doesn't have him associated with any projects filming at the moment. Dave and Dan, please make is so. :thumbsup:

I'll see your Will Patton and Raise you a David Morse. Dyed blond, I know he would rock Kevan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived