World of Warcraft

Arataniello

Guest thebadlady
Well, I can play in Burning Crusade lands so I made a new ticket and asked to have my old toons sent to shatt and my baby toons sent to silvermoon. In the meantime, I can play with Rickard or Seth's rogue. :P

Giev Ulduar NOW!!!!

Maly and 3D both one shotted. Done in under an hour including moving zones.
sigh. I sat out Sarth again because we have 40 gazillion people wanting to go, so only 15 minutes of play for me.

If we werent swapping people out all the time we could probably clear everything in one night. yay for no content. :(

A lot of standing around, that's my weekend.

Late Friday I went to Heroic Old Kingdom on my paladin. I was the only one who outdamaged the tank. And it was still ok, since the tank was doing 2,200 DPS. That got me enough emblems to buy my Mirror of Truth. This leaves me trying to figure out which other emblem of heroism purchases, if any, are worthwhile for the paladin before getting holy/prot gear.

Still haven't gotten a Vault 10, hoping to get one tonight rather than miss it this reset.

The rest of Friday was a desperate mining session since I was virtually out of Shadow Crystals and Chalcedony. I've gotten both of those from guildmates, but I also prospected about 250 saronite ore. That was in the course of perhaps an hour and a half; good mining at an off-peak time.

Saturday, not much. Sunday, no raid, except that I got the paladin in on a Kel'thuzad kill. H-UK picked up new pants; even with re-enchanting gloves with Expertise instead of Hit, I'm 35 or so over cap. Also got him H-VH with guild (again only one out-damaging tank), and the warrior H-UP and H-CoS.

Few people were on and there's really nothing people care about doing outside of raids... and since this week we didn't get a shot in on Sarth+1 or Maly... even on looking at my paladin, a relatively new 80, I'm not seeing much that's worth going to. Emblems don't seem to yield anything interesting except for gloves (which I should be able to get via a Sarth pug or Vault run). Only a couple of heroic drops that are interesting (and I've got what, 2? 3?). Is it already just a rep and emblems for orbs thing?

I guess I'll be leveling the DK again soon. And/or achievement hunting.

Oh, and I dropped 2,500 gold on the Str/Crit gem pattern; money paid by selling a Signet of the Accord. I'm considering dropping another 3k on the BoE valor emblem plate dps bracers.

Guest thebadlady
Mandy lured all my 70ish toons using the UT summoning stone - and I didn't crash to desktop! Go her! Go me! We ran UT twice ina row (dammit, i want that dagger!) and then did nexus. Pretty smooth runs until the healer was a bit too sauced to heal. :P Switched main toons back to Rickard. Shamans can do anything.

We finally got KT in one try, I swear we normally have the worst luck (or worst pugs) just for him. Our lovely new OT picked up some nice gear, and we discovered that he has a tree druid as well.

I got the proto-drake pet from my oracles egg, so I just need the drake mount now and I'll have everything from the eggs. I'll probably continue to pick them to though, to sell or give away the pets.

I have 148 Hero emblems, and absolutely nothing to spend them on.

[quote]Our JC is anti icy prism, because he says he gets better gems prospecting, and the gems from the icy prism are worth less than the orb. Is he just unlucky, or is icy prism not that great?[/quote]He's massively unlucky. Being able to get dragon's eyes alone make it better than prospecting.

Finally weakened and reinstalled WoW for the first time since late 2005. Patching the vanilla client, just about to head to the local ASDA to see if they have the expansion packs. EVE Online's ambulation patch is still months away and Age f Conan, whilst awesome looking, doesnt feel like a 'world'. It's too small and linear.

I'll probably roll on one of the RP servers.

Anyone any tips or do's/don'ts?

ETA: Bloody hell! It just finished downloading a 460 mb patch, and then when I tried to get in game- it started a 600+mb one. I'll cancel it and hope the expansion disks take care of most of it.

[quote name='Kalbear' post='1696725' date='Feb 23 2009, 14.57']He's massively unlucky. Being able to get dragon's eyes alone make it better than prospecting.[/quote]

20 something icy prisms and zero dragon's eyes, and it's still worth it.

[quote name='Derfel Cadarn' post='1696794' date='Feb 23 2009, 15.32']Finally weakened and reinstalled WoW for the first time since late 2005. Patching the vanilla client, just about to head to the local ASDA to see if they have the expansion packs. EVE Online's ambulation patch is still months away and Age f Conan, whilst awesome looking, doesnt feel like a 'world'. It's too small and linear.

I'll probably roll on one of the RP servers.

Anyone any tips or do's/don'ts?

ETA: Bloody hell! It just finished downloading a 460 mb patch, and then when I tried to get in game- it started a 600+mb one. I'll cancel it and hope the expansion disks take care of most of it.[/quote]

Install ALL the expansions first, or be prepared for ALOT of LARGE patches.

Bad start to the WOW weekend: our usual Friday evening RP gathering was interrupted by griefers who had clearly rolled characters just to fuck with us (three of the four of them were level 1 and they were summoned to our location). You get used to this, idiots who come in and act like all RP is "E" RP (e.g. cybersex) because they think it's funny to do that. We also had "Dealer" and "Druggie" who were acting like addicts and this was annoying but not terrible. Then they decided it was time to start being racist so two of them were making derogatory comments about black people and one was talking like a bad caricature of a "slave" - "I'M SORRY MASSAH" and the like. Two of my friends happen to be black and this was rather upsetting for them to have to deal with that kind of bullshit in the game. I hit up a GM and I'm pretty sure the perpetrators got a time out, but it was too late to salvage the night.

Saturday night was better. Pugged in with an alt run of the top guild on the server and we had a full clear of Naxx. The only item I won all night was off of KT but it was worth it. Though something about a pug/alt run one-shotting Sapphiron was depressing at the same time it was thrilling.

Sunday night was a 10 man Naxx on my alt - a small raiding guild run by the cousin of the GM of my main's small RP guild. Both of whom are pretty cool chicks, so it works out. Suffers the fate of the casual though in that there are people who could stand to improve. On that note if anyone feels like diagnosing a WWS report, [url="http://wowwebstats.com/h1fllcy1d5ng3"]have at it[/url]. I won't even say who's me so don't be afraid to lay into anyone who looks like they are clueless. :P

[quote name='BlueRose' post='1696633' date='Feb 23 2009, 13.43']We finally got KT in one try, I swear we normally have the worst luck (or worst pugs) just for him. Our lovely new OT picked up some nice gear, and we discovered that he has a tree druid as well.

I got the proto-drake pet from my oracles egg, so I just need the drake mount now and I'll have everything from the eggs. I'll probably continue to pick them to though, to sell or give away the pets.

I have 148 Hero emblems, and absolutely nothing to spend them on.[/quote]

Buy Bind To Account shit for your alts.

[quote name='Shryke' post='1696909' date='Feb 23 2009, 13.31']Buy Bind To Account shit for your alts.[/quote]
:P My pally already has everything that's useful!

Derfel, spend the money on bags, bag space is a wonderful luxury when you're starting out.

[quote name='Kalbear' post='1696725' date='Feb 23 2009, 14.57']He's massively unlucky. Being able to get dragon's eyes alone make it better than prospecting.[/quote]

I'm actually holding on to the two Dragon's Eyes I've gotten so that when I replace gear I already have them ready.

But here's the thing. Don't go to the AH or trade channel to buy orbs. Buy them with all those excess badges. My alts are too high level to bother with BoA items (well, maybe the mage if I get back to him), and I'm not really bothered by buying EoH dps gear for my warrior, which means orbs and gems are all that's left.

Now, for the cost of some of the uncommon gems he gets prospecting, which he probably doesn't make much off of (unless he's selling them to the people who do Icy Prisms and don't farm up the ore to support those gems), he gets 2-3 rare gems and possibly a dragon's eye.

Sure, I get a ton of forest emeralds. To the point where I'm starting to sell them for the express purpose of buying scarlet rubies. (Because I'm doing this for guild, not for me, whereas most of the guildmates who are JC do it to sell rubies, and thus often stick to prospecting.) Going to do the same to Autumn's Glows soon, too.

I'll have to point out the merits of icy prism to all the guildies that have a zillion hero badges like me and see if e can rally some orbs for him and try for some more gems. Dragon's eye are very nice I guess, but no one needs crafted epics anymore and only the JC himself can use them for gems.

Oh and Phelan, at least buy your warrior the DPS throwing weapon from hero badges. 15 badges, and it's something like 4th in slot.

I wish I had excess Emblems of Heroism. As it is, I'm stuck with a huge stack of stupid Frozen Orbs I, as a Scribe, can't do jackshit with.

I'm gonna check the price and either sell them or save them for my warlock, since I think Tailoring actually uses the fucking things for something.

[quote name='Shryke' post='1696992' date='Feb 23 2009, 16.35']I'm gonna check the price and either sell them or save them for my warlock, since I think Tailoring actually uses the fucking things for something.[/quote]

Yes, I think most recipes at 435+ need an orb. Certainly anything that sells (like ebonweave set or moonshroud set).

On our server, the orbs are selling for about 90 to 120 gold each.

In other news, after about 170 badges worth of heroic runs, I still haven't won a single roll for orbs.

Guest thebadlady
Oh, our pugs were wonderful. I really really like our server. And I dueled Mandy and got my ass handed to me. Shamans can do anything other than win duels. *nods*

[quote name='RaceBannon42' post='1696395' date='Feb 23 2009, 10.11']Giev Ulduar NOW!!!!

Maly and 3D both one shotted. Done in under an hour including moving zones.
sigh. I sat out Sarth again because we have 40 gazillion people wanting to go, so only 15 minutes of play for me.

If we werent swapping people out all the time we could probably clear everything in one night. yay for no content. :([/quote]

Gah! And I was actually going to log on to raid tonight.

Archived