Formula One 2009 I

DJDonegal

I would imagine that for evidence gathering they will be able to look at data readings from the car. If the armchair fan can see displays that show when a driver is braking and accelerating, I'm sure Renault have much more detailed information that could be used by the FIA to draw a conclusion. It wouldn't take much work to look at the data, compare it to the other laps where Piquet Jr. (and other drivers) were making it round with no problems and draw conclusions from there. With the level of data available, I think a crash would be extremely hard to fake.

Which is exactly why I would be extremely surprised to hear this is the case. Though for now I'll have to follow the old adage "there is no smoke without fire".

well anybody could have driven faster than Badoer......I mean Bad Doer........even his name is a give away (apologies if this has been said before)

still can't believe last week's race......it was like the monkeys were in charge of the zoo......all very odd.

Good move by Fisi, really. I'd have done the same. An Italian, driving a Ferrari, at Monza. Who wouldn't have done the same? Does he have a contract with anyone for next season? If not, then this might give him a chance to prove himself... one last time.

I'm actually quite surprised to find that Renault have been charged and brought to trial over this accusation. As I said upthread, I think a crash would be incredibly hard to fake given all the data available, and it would have to be an incredibly stupid decision to engineer one. Alonso wasn't even in contention for the championship, what was the point!?

Crazy if true.

On Fisi: he will be Ferrari's reserve driver next season. They could have used Mark Gene though. He's an ok driver.

On Renault: I think the FIA may be trying to force Flav out of the sport like they did with Ron Dennis in the Liegate scandal. They had better be careful though because any sanctions placed upon Renault may cause them to quit the sport.

• 2 weeks later...

Monza, the Italian GP is over. A 1-2 for Brawn, who seemed to be in control for the whole weekend. Really, they seemed to have their strategy worked out and it worked brilliantly.

Bad luck for Hamilton. The last lap, and he ends up in the barriers. Well, Raikkonen got the third place. His fourth podium finish in a row. Fischicella finished ninth; still better than Badoer could ever do.

I suppose the championship is over for the Red Bulls. It's between Button and Barrichello now. Strong performance by Sutil in the Force India, despite the somewhat messed-up pit stop. Kovalainen didn't improve his chance of getting a contract for next season. By his qualifying performance he should have been fighting for the win.

What is weird is the sudden dominace of Mercedes-powered cars: McLaren, Brawn, and even Force India had a clear advantage over the other teams. I wonder what happened there. Development is supposed to be frozen...

My favourite moment of the Italian Grand Prix came in an interview on the BBC with Sutil after the race, a random hottie carrying a champagne bottle walked up to Sutil while he was on air giving an interview, smiled at him and said congratulations, making sure she caught everyone's eye before walking off.

Jake Humphrey: 'Here, do you know that woman?'

Adrian Sutil: 'Not yet.'

Perfect response :lol:

Yeah that was brilliant. Mabye some Germans do have a sense of humour.

I hope Barrichello continues to pick away at Button's lead. Imagine what Sao Paulo will be like if he's still in with a chance going into the Brazilian GP.

If Red Bull don't get their act together then Mr. Consistent Kimi Raikkonen (I never thought I'd be saying that a year ago!) might finish third in the championship which would be an astonishing result.

Hamilton crashing out on the last lap was hilarious.

I would rather have Button win the championship, I've decided. Obviously Webber is my first choice, but realistically it's a straight up battle between the Brawn boys from here on in. Spa and Monza were Red Bull's big chances to make large inroads into the Brawn lead, but they haven't done it and they only have Singapore, Japan, Brazil and Abu Dhabi left.

The main reason I'd rather have Button as champion is because of Barrichello's attitude towards his team earlier in the season and the fact that he publicly insinuated that they were favouring Button ahead of him in the chase for the driver's championship, and even making comments that suggested he wanted to quit the team. Now he seems all happy and rosy with wins coming his way, two in the last three races, but people shouldn't forget his comments earlier in the season.

They weren't something befitting a champion, so I'm going to put my support behind Button for this one.

Archived