Tennis I

DJDonegal

It strikes me that Federer hasn't broken Roddick all match, and A-Rod's broken Fed's serve twice. Admittedly Roddick is looking less than stellar right now, whereas Federer looks like he's barely started the match. But still.

it looked to me like Roddick got screwed on both those machine overrules

It doesn't help that the company whose name is on the line caller (Rolex) is also a sponsor of Federer, not that I can see any way for the machine to favor someone.

Whatever the result you have to give a massive amount of credit to Roddick for coming out and playing so well against a guy who has beaten him so often, it would have been very easy for him to not really believe he had a chance but clearly he has managed to overcome that.

Whatever the result you have to give a massive amount of credit to Roddick for coming out and playing so well against a guy who has beaten him so often, it would have been very easy for him to not really believe he had a chance but clearly he has managed to overcome that.

Yeah. Im really impressed by Roddick, in both the Murray match and this. I actually hope he wins.

Actually, the longest Grand Slam fifth set is 21-19, at the Australian Open (2003) between El Aynaoui and...Andy Roddick. But this is probably the longest fifth set for a Grand Slam Final.

Ugh. Gutted for Roddick, he played an absurd match. He'll be thinking about that second set tiebreak for a long time, poor guy.

Archived