NHL: Stanley Cup Playoffs

BLU-RAY

I'm not so sure that the Sharks are better than the Ducks. This is a Ducks team that won a championship recently and one that was extremely hot the last 2 months of the regular season. Sharks have always been an underachiever in the playoffs, so the results here don't surprise me.

San Jose looked dominant to me last night. Anaheim's goalie won that game, but that is how it is in the playoffs often. Run up against a hot goalie and you could be in trouble. Anaheim has a ton of veteran guys...Neidermeyer, Pronger, Selanne, and more. They have won a cup and know what it takes. It is not over yet, but San Jose better figure out how to score fast.

San Jose looked dominant to me last night. Anaheim's goalie won that game, but that is how it is in the playoffs often. Run up against a hot goalie and you could be in trouble. Anaheim has a ton of veteran guys...Neidermeyer, Pronger, Selanne, and more. They have won a cup and know what it takes. It is not over yet, but San Jose better figure out how to score fast.

Completely agree with all of this. They need to be much less tentative on the PP, otherwise I think they're fine.

Washington emphatically announces their arrival into the playoffs. 'Bout time. *waits patiently for the Sharks to follow suit*

Completely agree with all of this. They need to be much less tentative on the PP, otherwise I think they're fine.

Washington emphatically announces their arrival into the playoffs. 'Bout time. *waits patiently for the Sharks to follow suit*

Washington brought about a last ditch effort last night...

Ovechkin's antics should have gotten him suspended.

"Oh, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to watch the opponent's practice!" Go fuck yourself, Ovechkin. Avery does that he's banned from the NHL.

St. Louis Blues were Luong-owned.

If I were any one of the Red Wings, Ducks, Sharks, Blackhawks or Flames I would be a bit worried about facing him. He's playing scary good right now... reminding me a bit of some of the rolls Patrick Roy displayed back in the day.

Yeah, but he may have a groin injury.

Yeah, but he may have a groin injury.

Maybe, but he has up to 10 days to rest. He looked solid the rest of the period, I dont think it's serious. We'll see I guess. I like laBarbera a lot, but if we lost Louie we would be in serious trouble!

St. Louis Blues were Luong-owned.

:lol:

There is solace I can take in this 4 games to none thrashing by the Canucks. Tthe Blues were in every game and had chances to win. The Blues had virtually zero playoff experience a week ago. Now they have a bit.

Who will I root for now? Pretty much anyone who beats the Red Wings will be my favorite team in this tournament.

:lol:

There is solace I can take in this 4 games to none thrashing by the Canucks. Tthe Blues were in every game and had chances to win. The Blues had virtually zero playoff experience a week ago. Now they have a bit.

Who will I root for now? Pretty much anyone who beats the Red Wings will be my favorite team in this tournament.

Reminded me a bit of the Pens team from 2 years ago...Had a huge second half of the season to get to the playoffs and got worked by an Ottawa team that had a ton of playoff experience. The Blues will be back, don't you worry.

Columbus looked alright last night, and then Brad Stuart leveled RJ Umberger, and the BJ's absolutely lost their minds, giving up a huge goal in the process. They just can't overcome their lack of experience and poise.

Finally! Cease CPR, we have a pulse.

I don't just mean the win, either. I mean the hate is here. And the Sharks are very good angry this year.

I really thought they'd fold when Anaheim scored that third goal.

Boston, Pittsburgh, and Philly seem to be the teams best built for playoff runs in the east. It's a shame the Pens and the Flyers had to meet so early. With Philadelphia all but eliminated, this looks like a Bruins/Pens east final.

And try as they might, NOBODY is beating Detroit in the west.

NOBODY.

And try as they might, NOBODY is beating Detroit in the west.

NOBODY.

I think the Canucks can. They played great against St. Louis and the Blues played good. They peppered Vancouver in OT but could not get anything by Luongo. I just knew that Vancouver just need to be patient and they would get one. I would not count out San Jose or Anaheim at this time. I would not even count out Chicago.

The first time I go to a playoff game, and it couldn't get more depressing. Can't believe the Habs got swept. The Bruins deserved their wins, but I can't help but feel that the major difference (except for in game 2, where the Habs were completely outplayed) was goaltending- Thomas was consistently fantastic, and Price just sucked. I really blame Gainey for not giving Halak a chance after game 2. So ends the 100th season... Sad times.

Archived