EHK for MMA

Analu

TUF 10 features:

-Rampage Jackson

-Rashad Evans with bad blood with Jackson

and now

-Kimbo Slice showing up Dana White

Are all of you who said you were going to sit out future seasons of TUF changing your mind yet? Season 10 can't help but be awesome.

As I recall, back when Kimbo was blowing up, White said that he'd give Kimbo a spot on a TUF if he asked for it. Since Kimbo was making hundreds of thousands of dollars per fight at the time, it was intended as a put down.

To be fair to Kimbo, White was implying back then that he wouldn't treat Kimbo differently than any other UFC aspirant, and I'm sure they're giving him a special deal now.

If Kimbo manages to win the contract (not likely!) the two biggest stars in the HW division will be Brock Lesner and Kimbo Slice. If the UFC wanted to break into the Japanese market I think they are on the right track.

TUF 10 features:

-Rampage Jackson

-Rashad Evans with bad blood with Jackson

and now

-Kimbo Slice showing up Dana White

Are all of you who said you were going to sit out future seasons of TUF changing your mind yet? Season 10 can't help but be awesome.

Wow, what a coup for Dana and the UFC. Kimbo was getting paid something like $500,000 a fight in EliteXC, and now they get him and the exposure he brings for free on TUF?

I haven't watched TUF this year, but you can bet I'll be tuning into see this one.

If Kimbo manages to win the contract (not likely!) the two biggest stars in the HW division will be Brock Lesner and Kimbo Slice. If the UFC wanted to break into the Japanese market I think they are on the right track.

Uh, this is TUF. The fighters generally suck or are novices. Kimbo is probably a professional... not world class Fedor level by any means, but he should crush the inexperienced one sided fighters on TUF. Obviously he may crumble like he did in his last fight, but if he's been working on his game for the past year, and especially takedown defence, he might be unstoppable. There simply aren't that great ground-game experts in his weight class as novices, they're already in the UFC or fighting in another league.

I actually liked Rampage on TUF, but he'll get destroyed by Evans. Evans isn't a fighter that is going to be crushed because he got stomped by Machida... whereas a season with Evans will drive Rampage crazy, and the guy will not have fought for what... a year?

We are talking about the same Kimbo Slice who just got knocked senseless by Seth Petruzelli right? The same Seth Petruzelli who did sweet fuck all in TUF 2? Am I still right here? I didn't see Seth take Kimbo down but I may be wrong.

Jordan Breen is an annoying tool.

Dana is paying Kimbo if Kimbo is on the show. Let's be realistic.

Just caught an interview with DW where he said that Kimbo's deal is the same as the other contestants, but the contract he stands to win is "different". IOW, he's not getting paid to be on the show per se, but the contract he stands to win is much more than the 100k that others win.

Just caught an interview with DW where he said that Kimbo's deal is the same as the other contestants, but the contract he stands to win is "different". IOW, he's not getting paid to be on the show per se, but the contract he stands to win is much more than the 100k that others win.

And I'm sure he will be paid, regardless. For instance, if he makes it out of the first round, a certain number....second round more money, etc. He may not be getting paid up front, but Kimbo is getting paid. don't believe the hype.

Whether or not Kimbo wins the contract, this season should be very entertaining, and certainly worth a watch from a shit talk perspective alone.

I have a feeling it will be Rampage driving Evans crazy and making most of us laugh in the process.

Whether or not Kimbo wins the contract, this season should be very entertaining, and certainly worth a watch from a shit talk perspective alone.

I have a feeling it will be Rampage driving Evans crazy and making most of us laugh in the process.

I'm starting to get the feeling they are packing to much into TUF 10. They sold me when the coaches were Evans and Rampage. That it was Heavyweights was icing on the cake. Then they add Kimbo. Totally unnecessary. Should have saved him for the season when they had Leites and Cote as coaches. Now they've added 4 ex-NFL players. The season is already gold. Now it is getting surreal. They just need to throw Jose Conseco in there to make it the best season of any show on tv ever.

I feel sorry for the cast of TUF 9 and 11.

I'm starting to get the feeling they are packing to much into TUF 10. They sold me when the coaches were Evans and Rampage. That it was Heavyweights was icing on the cake. Then they add Kimbo. Totally unnecessary. Should have saved him for the season when they had Leites and Cote as coaches. Now they've added 4 ex-NFL players. The season is already gold. Now it is getting surreal.

It's kind of all connected, though. If you're gonna have Evans and Rampage as coaches, there has to be a LHW or HW class. Kimbo fights at HW and probably wouldn't drop a weight class. Likely, the 4 ex-NFL players are all HWs that wouldn't have a prayer of making 205.

So it all makes sense. They should get Lashley or Angle on there to truly make it epic, though.

It's kind of all connected, though. If you're gonna have Evans and Rampage as coaches, there has to be a LHW or HW class. Kimbo fights at HW and probably wouldn't drop a weight class. Likely, the 4 ex-NFL players are all HWs that wouldn't have a prayer of making 205.

So it all makes sense. They should get Lashley or Angle on there to truly make it epic, though.

If this season becomes a blockbuster (as I assume it will be), and Kimbo goes on to make some good dough in the UFC (as I assume he will), I wonder if we won't see the show take a turn like that. Start with Lashley and Angle, and maybe, eventually, you get a Roy Jones Jr.

Anyone got any picks for Faber v. Brown? I'm surprised by the fact that Sherdog is making Brown the favorite. Faber's always looked like an explosive and well-rounded fighter, while Brown seems a bit more of a standard heavy-punching wrestler. Also, I'm surprised that Sherdog made such an issue about size difference. While I expect Brown to be stronger, I don't recall seeing much of a size difference in their previous fight. In fact, Brown looked like the smaller fighter against Leonard Garcia, so he can't be that big of a featherweight. All in all, though, I think it's going to be a great fight.

Archived