Mafia Game 65.5: Twonnocent

House Targaryen

Well, West couldn't kill a healer who healed himself, so it would be Rhaenyra's win either way. :)

Still, it's collective win.

As a new appointed hand of out blessed queen, I grant parole to every sworn supporter of team Aegon, and hope that Aegon himself will be content to join our case as prince-consort.

Oh, so NOW you pardon me after you've cut off my head. If this is how your 'Queen' rules then I'm taking my head and going home.

I see I am also getting flack for defending the WJ kill. It's how I feel, sorry. If he were killed when it was someone else who had fingered Spicer and tripped him up, then I would consider it bad form. WJ went after them guns blazing and made no secret about who he was for anyone who knows him, so I consider him fair game at that point. Are you saying that no one should ever take him out? Ever? Yes, it was only night two, but considering the size of the game and how long it lasted and that we knew we were at end game anyway - eh. I consider it self-preservation. Sucks for WJ for sure, but it's not like he didn't earn that death.

yeah, that was the "look for every possible evil thing you can find"

by itself, not a problem, but I was finding too many inconsistancies. Face it, you and I will never believe the other is innocent. We will always find reasons to suspect each other, and everything will be fair game. I don't think we can help it. :lol:

I am crazy and your logic never makes any sense to me. We are water and oil in this game.

BTW - what was up with the complete chain vs. the broken chain.

TMW used random.org to decide who knew who. So one team had a broken chain and the other was complete.

As for Piper, he fingered West. So he died.

I didn't kill WJ because he was WJ. I had no idea. I killed him because he killed Mexal.

But I almost killed Wagstaff... just to mess with everyone's minds (you know... he had been the major suspect, Thorne had been the major suspect.) I chickened out.

Face it, you and I will never believe the other is innocent. We will always find reasons to suspect each other, and everything will be fair game. I don't think we can help it. :lol:

I am crazy and your logic never makes any sense to me. We are water and oil in this game.

This is such a weird statement when you think about how we started out this game. We were charter members of Team Humanities and both ran on pure gut and paranoia. I'm kind of sad that I've moved away from that more than you - too much of WJ's influence rubbing off on me ... grrr. I want to be more Greece than Rome!

Oh, so NOW you pardon me after you've cut off my head. If this is how your 'Queen' rules then I'm taking my head and going home.

I can't answer for my girls!

At least, your lands won't be confiscated and you might RIP at home, not overseas.

Using random.org for the chains ... I think this is one time I would have overridden the random and re-rolled the known names. I would have tried to keep them more 'even' either both teams get unbroken chains to give the FM a chance to fit into the chain, or they both were broken.

Using random.org for the chains ... I think this is one time I would have overridden the random and re-rolled the known names. I would have tried to keep them more 'even' either both teams get unbroken chains to give the FM a chance to fit into the chain, or they both were broken.

Oh well. It's not the first time.

So he thinks this was a healer claim. But what he says about Piper try to “sow confusion and force the real healer makes no sense at all. PIPER WAS INNOCENT. PIPER WOULD NOT HAVE HURT HIS TEAM THAT WAY.

btw - I think this is the most unintentionally hilarious post all game. Piper would never lie? He lies all the time when he thinks he can get away with it and explain later. Piper is KNOWN for lying and sowing confusion :rofl:

(that and when I said that part of sowing confusion it's what I thought on Day 1 when I thought he was evil)

Thank you!

We've had conversations about random.org before. I think it's perfectly acceptable to re-roll when a mod sees a set-up that is unbalanced - say FM are WJ, Mex, Mentat against noobs. Others think that random is random and won't touch it. I think it's a call each mod has to make, but I don't see a problem with it. This is a borderline case, but it put one team at a disadvantage in retrospect.

Hmmm... I just think the experimental setting didn't work well. It focused the game much too much on itself (the setting) rather than on the actual game-play and player interaction.

The innocents vs. innocents part certainly didn't work, since it was decided by the FM in this game, and I think probably would in any other similar game.

Anyway, it was interesting as experimental settings go, but I wouldn't use it again, myself.

Well played to team Rhaenyra, WJ and Piper.

I see I am also getting flack for defending the WJ kill. It's how I feel, sorry. If he were killed when it was someone else who had fingered Spicer and tripped him up, then I would consider it bad form. WJ went after them guns blazing and made no secret about who he was for anyone who knows him, so I consider him fair game at that point. Are you saying that no one should ever take him out? Ever?

That's not what I'm saying. I just think it was a mistake for him to kill me over a revealed Healer.

And I kind of resent WJ taking the victory in spirit. I made a very calculated move to make sure my team won. If things were reversed, WJ wouldn't let us steal his victory. Face it WJ - it's a loss in your column :P

I'm not stealing your victory. I'm simply saying that its interesting how the team that did all the work was punished by night kills and a 'loss', while the team of lazy slackers sat back and got the win. :P

Minis are for experimentation for sure. Spicer was tripped up by game mechanics for sure, but I think Melcolm was caught out by interactions ... based on a known FM who was tripped up so ... ahem.

That's not what I'm saying. I just think it was a mistake for him to kill me over a revealed Healer.

That was mainly directed towards Lany.

I'm not stealing your victory. I'm simply saying that its interesting how the team that did all the work was punished by night kills and a 'loss', while the team of lazy slackers sat back and got the win. :P

Hey now! I don't deny that you and Piper nailed the killers and paid the price, but you also had Waterman and Wagstaff :P (no offense intended - just looking at the post counts)

Archived