Cast of Game of Thrones: Sean Bean confirmed

NoSpeakEnglish

GRRM twisted to write stuff like this.

Game Of Thrones red lights...

at this point screenwriters introduce also a sex scene with Robert Baratheon with some girl or woman making a new bastard son, one of the many diffuses in all parts of his reign

:smoking: :smoking:

Great news. Mark Addy would be great as Robert, I'm wondering why this choice hasn't crossed my mind before.

Probably because in most of his roles(at least in the states) he's played the funny guy, but never has come across as a badass. I have no doubt that he'll be able to play up the drunken, fun-loving robert very well. But It's hard to imagine Addy playing the part of Bad-Ass Robert.

Probably because in most of his roles(at least in the states) he's played the funny guy, but never has come across as a badass. I have no doubt that he'll be able to play up the drunken, fun-loving robert very well. But It's hard to imagine Addy playing the part of Bad-Ass Robert.

in real life Mark Addy drinks like a sponge and he smokes like a chimney so I don't think it will be hard for him.

parsek,

Serious question, do you know Addy personally? Are you a friend or relative of his? Seems like you know quite a bit about him. If so, I'd love to know his thoughts on the role and whether or not he has read the books or plans on reading them.

Well, the good thing is that these are small seasons (10 to 12 episodes), so they should have plenty time to do other things. :) Lets hope it becomes an issue!

Yep, and if HBO's past is any indication, it could be 12 to 18 to 24 months in between seasons. The actors won't be stuck in their roles with no other opportunities.

The red wedding when shown will probably also have an adverse effect on viewership; I believe many casual viewers will stop watching then citing a lack of 'good guys' to cheer for.

I can imagine some viewers being turned off by the end of the first season. If they actually make it to the Red Wedding, they'll at least have some prior notice of how hard the good guys are shafted.

Makes me wonder. Tywin is one of the main "villains" to be offed in the series, but like many characters he's more gray than anything else. Wonder if they'll skip that and make him a full-blown evil douchebag just so the show has a definite bad guy other than the Others.

Makes me wonder. Tywin is one of the main "villains" to be offed in the series, but like many characters he's more gray than anything else. Wonder if they'll skip that and make him a full-blown evil douchebag just so the show has a definite bad guy other than the Others.

It's unlikely, it's not how HBO rolls - which is partly why GRRM felt confident in optioning the show to them in the first place. There aren't many black and white characters in HBO shows, either, which is why this series is basically tailor made for them. I mean look at Swearengen from "Deadwood." The guy is easily the chief villain at the beginning of the show, but by some certain point in season two you find yourself rooting for him half the time. He's still horrible, but he becomes pretty much an anti-hero by the end.

I can imagine some viewers being turned off by the end of the first season.

Yet aGoT also has some inspiring bits at the end too. Robb's evolvement was a great answer to Ned's fall. Or so I thought at the time. :)

Dany's conclusion is a bit trickier, as I spent much of aGoT thinking she was going to be the antagonist. I'm not sure the series will show her in that light though.

Sorry. Thats to apologize in advance for the expletives Im gonna use in the next few sentences.

"Still Standing" was the only prime time show I watched beside BSG, and looked forward to. And I was really upset (yes pissed-off upset) when it got canceled. Hell, I still set the DvR to record the shows just so I can watch them again.

So there is no f'n way that Mark Addy is English. Nope I wont except it. He was (is) so damn American in that show. My god I associated with his character, I mean "Bill" is kind of the anti-hero/hero whos so American that only an American could be that irresponsible, slobbish and lazy enough to get away with playing that part.

:)

But in all seriousness, I very glad hes playing king Robert. And I am blown away hes British. Damn he does American so well.

You ever heard an American try and do English? Even as an American I find most attempts insulting. They end up sounding faux-English like Madonna, bleh.

Its no secret that Briton produces some of the best actors in the world, and America produces some of the most popular. Its a smart choice going with an (almost) all British cast. And one Im glad about.

Born in York, England there is no f'n way....I think they (IMDb) meant New England or maybe New York.

Yeah *nods head* its a typo for sure.

Hmm, I thought his accent on that show was horrid. I always thought he sounded weird, then I found out he was British..aha!

Hmm, I thought his accent on that show was horrid. I always thought he sounded weird, then I found out he was British..aha!

you WHAT??? his American accent was horrid?? pupupuauauauapuauau but don't make me laugh please he's done a brilliant work ok sometime he stumbled on his own language but 90% he did fine. He is from York and his accent is tough.

parsek,

Serious question, do you know Addy personally? Are you a friend or relative of his? Seems like you know quite a bit about him. If so, I'd love to know his thoughts on the role and whether or not he has read the books or plans on reading them.

no I'm his fan all stuff I know his from his public interviews or through social networks

I'm just happy he is getting more work since he came back from US, cause with three little kids life is very hard.

I've just noticed he will play in Italy on August with Dustin Hoffman and Paul Giamatti.This year is good for him, four productions and he made his days.

I thought we'd be flooded with Sean Bean fans with the casting announcement, but instead we have die-hard Mark Addy fans and one seemingly lost Gillian Anderson fan. The internet is weird.

I thought we'd be flooded with Sean Bean fans with the casting announcement, but instead we have die-hard Mark Addy fans and one seemingly lost Gillian Anderson fan. The internet is weird.

Maybe it wasn't the accent, maybe I just don't like his voice.. I thought that show was pretty bad though.

Because everyone likes Sean Bean. Not everyone likes Mark Addy. So the fans of his are coming out of the woodwork and we're all busy saying "Mark WHO?" to pay attention to Sean Bean.

Because everyone likes Sean Bean. Not everyone likes Mark Addy. So the fans of his are coming out of the woodwork and we're all busy saying "Mark WHO?" to pay attention to Sean Bean.

I think most Sean Bean fans already have their own websites and forums where they are probably discussing it to death. Mark Addy is less well known, so his fans might not have anywhere else to talk about it all.

I think most Sean Bean fans already have their own websites and forums where they are probably discussing it to death. Mark Addy is less well known, so his fans might not have anywhere else to talk about it all.

There is nothing to talk about Sean Bean and his role because all we know he is fine for that as I agree. So, let's talk about others.

If you are not interested you come in other rooms, this forum is huge...bye bye

You are a nuisance only you don't care of somebody so no one must talk/write about him/her.

There are users who are talking of Kit Harrington, I don't know who he is and I don't care but I'm saying nothing over his person. Give respect to other users.

You are a nuisance only you don't care of somebody so no one must talk/write about him/her.

There are users who are talking of Kit Harrington, I don't know who he is and I don't care but I'm saying nothing over his person. Give respect to other users.

Don't take it so personally. All Silverstar was saying is that Mark Addy is less well known. There's no disrespect in that, some actors are just more famous than others. Sean Bean had LotR which really improved his profile. Before that he was hardly a household name.

You want some Sean Bean fangirl squee? :D

OMG!!!! Sean Bean plays Ned!!! OMG this iz SOOOOO Cool!! SQUEEEEEE (insert a few drool smileys this forum doesn't have)

There your go. :P

You want some Sean Bean fangirl squee? :D

OMG!!!! Sean Bean plays Ned!!! OMG this iz SOOOOO Cool!! SQUEEEEEE (insert a few drool smileys this forum doesn't have)

There your go. :P

IKNOWOMGSQUEEE!! :D

:drool:

Archived