Kevin Spacey "LittleFinger"

shewolf85

It's so odd to hear actors who are not British doing British accents.

I was blow away when David Tennant from Doctor Who spoke in an interview and he's got this heavy Scottish brogue. I was like WTF?!

And we just wont talk about Angelina Jolie doing a cockney. *shiver*

Who said the ASoIaF world is British?

I'm confused :huh: .

Well, since the map of Westeros is basically a modified map of the British Isle (not Ireland) and aGoT is basically a recounting of the War of Roses, and there weren't many Americans around in the Middle Ages...

And too American.

ra(s)cist :P

i don't really see him as petyr though. however, i will say that kevin spacey is quite possibly the most talented actor ever. i have no doubt that he could competently pull off an english accent. his katherine hepburn impersonation was amazing.

well, except for the fact that cockneys have tinee li ul mowuths :P

What about Andy Serkis as Littlefinger? I always imagined Petyr as being this little guy with huge ego and a real snotty attitude, I think Serkis can pull that off.

Serkis is creepy, but not the slick that I feel from LF.

Plus I'd be totally expecting him to get all wrinkly and pale...going on about hobbitzes....

The more I see Jason Isaacs the more I like him for LF.

Shouldn't have trusted me

Only Cat

Brooding

Thoughtful

Devious

Mangey (not that we ever see LF looking dishevelled)

Well, since the map of Westeros is basically a modified map of the British Isle (not Ireland) and aGoT is basically a recounting of the War of Roses, and there weren't many Americans around in the Middle Ages...

On the other hand, GRRM is American, and Westeros isn't really "medieval" in any RL sense of the term. Occasional archaic language notwithstanding, it should be taken for what it is: an imaginary and (dare I say?) timeless world.

Personally, I've always seen some cultural and geographic similarities between Westeros and, say, the western fourth of North America. Dorne = Mexico, the Reach = southern California, the Lannister "west" = northern and central California, the riverlands = Willamette Valley/western Washington, the Vale of Arryn is somewhere in the Rockies and the north is Canada! It's all in where you stand. And GRRM is from New Mexico, after all. ;)

All of which is moot because I agree with the point that, now they're casting British actors, they should continue choosing them. I'd hate to see a bad fake accent or two ruin continuity.

How about James Callis(Gaius Baltar from BSG)? He's British, witty, can play a schemer, has this wonderful condencending tone and can grow a cute beard while still looking immaculate(sp?) and smart(as in "smart looks").

James Callis

Edited to add:

Also, he's the right age and not too tall(1.73).

And he's divine. :D

Archived