Jason Isaacs is Littlefinger.

James Callis is Euron Greyjoy.

Dominic West is Aeron Greyjoy.

Jaime Bamber is Beric Dondarrion.

Patrick Stewart is Maester Aemon.

Andy Serkis is Mance Rayder.

Ian Holm is Maeter Pycelle.

Hugo Weaving is Tywin Lannister.

Christopher Lee is Lord Commander Mormont.

Dominic Monaghan is Jaqhen Jagr.

John Rhys-Davies is Ser Jorah Mormont.

I think the only one I agree with on your list is Isaacs, and maybe Bamber.

Ok, Callis can do the crazy priest look pretty well.

But other than that, you're off on a lot of the ages by...eons.... :stunned:

For me:

Ian Holm is Master Luwin

Patrick Stewart is Sirio

Luke Goss is Jaquen

I SOOOO cannot see Merry as Jaquen, that makes my soul hurt.

I SOOOO cannot see Merry as Jaquen, that makes my soul hurt.

HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE UNNOTICEABLE, INSIGNIFICANT. ORDINARY.

Ages. -> MAKEUP.

How does red/white hair and referring to yourself in the 3rd person = "unnoticable, insignificant and ordinary"? :idea:

The other two you highlighted are a matter of preference. Weight can be lost, people can be tanned.

Stewart is surprisingly wirey for his age and has some fencing experience. Granted there are probably better choices that would make much flashier dancers, but Stewart stuck for me, :dunno: . Ben Kingsley maybe...

Age getting covered by makup? to a point - but there is a line where it looks fake, not to mention that a 50-60yr old body does not usually move as easily as a 30-40yr old without a LOT of work.

On topic of the thread though: as much as I love Kevin Spacey and had originally pictured him as LF through my first reading (could even hear his voice in my head), I doubt that he's affordable for the series. We have yet to see the full extent of LF's political ploys - so whever they choose to play him has to be in it for the long haul.

Alan Moore is Aeron. He looks the part. He REALLY does.

Neil Gaiman is Roose Bolton. The guy can be creepy when he wants to.

I actually dislike Dominic Monaghan because I haven't seen range in his acting. In both LotR and Lost he's done great performances as exactly the same character. If we're going to take LOTR actors, I would take Elijah Wood, who has played a depressed teenaged hitman looking for company (Chain of Fools), a cheery hobbit who slowly turns morose (Lord of the Rings), and a psychotic murderer (Sin City). He could definitely do the part of Jaquen.

Hugo Weaving as Tywin is interesting. I would want Peter O'Toole as Maester Aemon, and Stewart as Barristan Selmy. Actually, I would be pretty happy with your list with the exception of Monaghan (for the same reasons already mentioned), and Andy Serkis as Mance Raydar. I love Serkis, but I can't see him playing the kind of man charismatic and badass enough to lead the wildlings. I'd prefer Mads Mikkelsen for Mance Raydar.

As for the OP, Kevin Spacey would be amazing in any number of roles in this series, Littlefinger being one of them. But since the chances of him doing this are about as good as Brad Pitt as Jaime Lannister, I think John Simm, of Life on Mars and Dr. Who fame, would be a great choice.

I'll take this opportunity to declare my love for kevin Spacey as one of the great actors of our time (I saw his quality in the Wiseguy TV series, so well before he was big). But I'll also take the opportunity to say no to the idea of him as LF. Even in his younger days I would not have picked him as my ideal LF.

He could so do Tywin Lannister though.

I nominated John Simm on another thread and still think he'd be great.

Going in a slightly different direction, I'm now thinking Mark Sheppard (Badger in Firefly, Romo Lamkin in BSG) would be a great choice. For some reason I can see him selling the "I told you not to trust me," line really well.

Going in a slightly different direction, I'm now thinking Mark Sheppard (Badger in Firefly, Romo Lamkin in BSG) would be a great choice. For some reason I can see him selling the "I told you not to trust me," line really well.

And of course Mark Sheppard is contractually obligated to appear in every show on (American) television, seems like.

How about James Callis(Gaius Baltar from BSG)? He's British, witty, can play a schemer, has this wonderful condencending tone and can grow a cute beard while still looking immaculate(sp?) and smart(as in "smart looks").

James Callis

Edited to add:

Also, he's the right age and not too tall(1.73).

And he's divine. :D

Wow :) Really nice idea - hadn't even crossed my mind. BUT then pic you linked, add a eye patch to it...

TO ALL: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4095969792/nm0000146

Here is your Roose Bolton. Ralph Fiennes is my Dream Casting right there. Perfect if you've seen Schindler's List.

What in the HELL are you talking about?

Jason Isaacs IS a badass, completetly contradictory to Littlefinger. Jason Isaacs is Oberyn Martell. No questions here. He IS.

Andy Serkis as Mance Rayder???? Serkis is all of what 5'8 and 150 lbs? I really don't see that one. Camera tricks included...just won't happen.

Christopher Lee is naturally a cold and distant character, with a voice to chill the soul. Old Man Mormont is a warm, loveable grandfather type, and quite a bit thicker as I imagine him.

And good ol' Charlie as Jaqen? You want Merry to play a stone cold killer?

The only good mentions on your list are engaged in other projects, typically as the LEAD role...? And for the rest of the list; I'm not completely certain you and I read the same books.

I second. This must happen.

Isaacs, I think, is too serious for the role.

Something a bit like that but with a pointier beard?

Now that's much better, he does look the part.

But James Callis is my personal choice...mmmm, James Callis. :leaving:

ETA: Oh, Mark Sheppard is great, I hope he gets in on this.

And I never thought of Callis as Euron...maybe because Euron is soo bloody and chilling and I'm always thinking of Callis as my cute, sexy Baltar.

Also, Jaqhen being mentioned, don't you think he should be played by 3 different actors(so far as AFfC)? After all if we saw any resemblance between his different personas it would beat his purpose in assuming them. He quite literally becomes a different person every time, complete with voice, accent and, presumablly if he's good enough, mannerisms.

Also, Jaqhen being mentioned, don't you think he should be played by 3 different actors(so far as AFfC)? After all if we saw any resemblance between his different personas it would beat his purpose in assuming them. He quite literally becomes a different person every time, complete with voice, accent and, presumablly if he's good enough, mannerisms.

That's very true, actually. I mean, whoever plays Pate will also have to play Jaqen, for one thing.

Archived