BwB London meet-up Sep 11th 2009

red snow

Ok, this is probably more of an instigation, than organisation of a get together but there seemed to be a few folk interested already so thought i'd make it official.

I was thinking Saturday September 5th would be a good date as everyone (hopefully) will have been recently paid for the month, meaning we can blindly spend a chunk of it in one go.

I'm not a seasoned pro when it comes to knowing where to drink in London (I'm most familiar with the Holborn area) but if people have a preference or somewhere that's generally convenient let me know. I have a CAMRA pub crawl guide I have yet to fully test out - although it sounds like some of the veteran BWB members know the good pubs already.

EDIT: The get together will now be on friday the 11th september.

Ah, Saturdays are not ideal for me, I'm only in London during the week normally. Still, I will see what I can do, put me down as a maybe. :)

Well, if you can't make it this time, we should organise a weekday/Friday one for another time as there's a few of us who work in central london too.

Isn't the Saturday the 5th?

You're right, I must have got the dates mixed up between thread title and first post. Some people couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery it seems ;)

So yeah, Saturday the 5th.

That Saturday I'll have a 7 1/2 hour train journey from Scotland down to Cambridge. I suspect the idea of taking another train to get into London after that will not seem like a very appealing prospect at that time, so probably won't be there :(

I'd like to say let's make it the Friday instead but that's my wedding anniversary so that's likely to be an unpopular choice in some quarters. I should be able to make the Saturday but I can't promise it at this point.

Ok, let's try and be democratic about this. I've created a poll with the option of several dates http://www.doodle.com/epcz9ae9ychfzdvr?adminKey=

All you have to do is throw in your name and click on the dates you know you can come. Then we can pick the day that is the most popular. ok?

Hopefully you will enjoy the illusion of choice as I have only entered options where I can attend :ninja:

Ok, let's try and be democratic about this. I've created a poll with the option of several dates http://www.doodle.com/epcz9ae9ychfzdvr?adminKey=

All you have to do is throw in your name and click on the dates you know you can come. Then we can pick the day that is the most popular. ok?

Hopefully you will enjoy the illusion of choice as I have only entered options where I can attend :ninja:

How organised.

I've added mine, though if it's a Sunday, I probably won't stay particularly late.

Yay. Good to have someone who takes a scientific approach to these things. Speaking of which, any jobs going at your place/how much do they pay RAs? Feel free to PM if you have answers. :)

How organised.

I've added mine, though if it's a Sunday, I probably won't stay particularly late.

Sunday isn't my favourite day either but i thought i'd throw it out there. Hopefully others will feel the same as us :)

Looks like the proper thread to throw out the fact that I'll be in/around London Sept 8-20 (this is in no way a request to change the proposed meet up to accommodate me).

It would be awesome if anybody wants to hang out on a weeknight or has time to kill during a weekday. My schedule is up in the air, and my sister might get pissy about me meeting up with random internet folks while I am visiting her, but I'd love to meet you guys if possible. :)

...I can do both at the same time.
Well, let's hope you have more luck with that plan than I did. :lol:

I'm thinking the weekend of 11th/12th might be better. Can anyone NOT do a Friday night?

Archived