WOOF! WOOF!

The white rabbit

hmmm i think this has already been discussed, but i see Jaime as more youthful and smooth faced (to mirror cersei) and i think his age is about early 30's?

This NCW guy looks about 40 and his face is sort of sharp angled ...... i guess is the nicest way i can put it...... don't wanna revisit the nose issue.... :unsure:

Jaime?

Check the "Hello from Benioff and Weiss thread" for a post from David and Dein. :)

hmmm i think this has already been discussed, but i see Jaime as more youthful and smooth faced (to mirror cersei) and i think his age is about early 30's?

He is 32 or 33 at the beginning of aGoT in the book. NCW might look young enough in the TV series.

But the weird thing about how people are interpreting how Jaime and Cersei look similar is that they are assuming Jaime should be more feminine looking. But nobody has ever suggested that Cersei should be more masculine looking. :P Both are as equally valid, if you want to follow that logic.

IMO, there has been a rather fundamental misconception. Jaime is a masculine version of Cersei, Cersei is a feminine version of Jaime (in appearances). It doesn't mean that Jaime is anyway feminine (we'd have heard that mentioned in the books) or Cersei anyway masculine (we'd certainly have heard that mentioned in the books).

but I was simply wondering if there´s a clue or word or whatever-it-is that I´ve missed, you guys seem to be discussing one specific name.

Beyond the woof-woof clue?

Woof - GRRM-approved version of The Hound from Valyrian Resin. Sandor Clegane may be 26, but that is very rough looking 26 year old. And we know they're up-aging most of the cast. It seems the medieval lifestyle combined with HBOs trademark gritty realism adds 15 years :P.

So along those lines...

Woof - Fenrir Greyback (the werewolf) from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince played by Dave Legeno, 6'3", 40-something muscular cage-fighter/actor with a fearsome presence and high tolerance for the make-up chair. (and yes, I'm just shouting out my favorite... the guy was born to stalk about in plate mangling knights)

maybe?

they really need to stop tormenting us like this :D

Woof - GRRM-approved version of The Hound from Valyrian Resin. Sandor Clegane may be 26, but that is very rough looking 26 year old. And we know they're up-aging most of the cast. It seems medieval lifestype combined with HBOs trademark gritty realism adds 15 years :P.

:ack:

yuck! lol! I had no idea that is how hideously ugly Sandor is in GRRM's mind. I knew he said he was only average-looking before the burning, but that is pretty damn fugly. The book should have mentioned a giant bulbous nose and rot-mouth. Plus, the sculpture-Sandor looks past his prime, strength-wise, whereas I always pictured Sandor as more of the Legeno bodytype, like he could snatch your eyeball out of your face before you even knew he was thinking about it. anyhoo....

I think any of these actors mentioned, looks-wise, could pull off a Sandor. Whoever they pick better be equally good at glowering, snorting his disapproval, threatening to shove things up people's arses, and dabbing blood off pretty maiden's faces. That's my only concern... the guy needs range.

That's an extremely unfortunate angle on the Sandor sculpture. The nose looks very different when seen properly rather than from lower down. And actually, looking at the sculpt over on my cabinet, I'm wondering if they didn't tweak the breadth of the nostrils a bit; even tilting it back to match the angle doesn't seem to show as much nostril as in the above picture.

I'll Be Good, I will, I will

Aug. 30th, 2009 at 1:01 AM

Eat your porage and you'll grow up big and strong.

Just sayin'

jaimee2 wrote:

Aug. 30th, 2009 07:05 am (UTC)

GASP!

I Know You've cast Rory McCann as the hound!!!

He is big and did Porage commercials!!!

By George I think I've got it!!!!

Am I right?

Am I close? quote]

It appears that Rory McCann is our man!

And another good choice too!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0564920/

Woof - GRRM-approved version of The Hound from Valyrian Resin. Sandor Clegane may be 26, but that is very rough looking 26 year old. And we know they're up-aging most of the cast. It seems the medieval lifestyle combined with HBOs trademark gritty realism adds 15 years :P.

Wow, he's even scarier than I imagined! :stunned:

McCann is 6'6, so he would certainly be intimidating.

Another Not a Blog clue: "The dog is green" = Irish actor? Rory McCann in Scottish so either it's not McCann or GRRM has got McCann's nationality wrong.

Perhaps BIG and STRONG refers to Gregor rather than Sandor?

Edit: Scratch that Gregor's not in the pilot, so can't be different clues for different part. Seems the Green bit is for his political views rather than nationality.

Seems like some people get very caught up in the exact description GRRM gives in the book i.e McCann can't be the Hound- he doesn't have a hook nose..

I am really more concerned about acting ability rather than looks. Based on the fact this is HBO and BBC who both have a great track record I feel like we should always stray on the side of the benefit of the doubt (although I would be very upset if some stiff like Tom Cruise was cast as Jaime). Anyhow I don't have too many doubts about McCann he seems like quite a good choice.

I'd rather see Tom Cruise get cast as Mord :pirate: .

Archived