Who is the bravest by known actions

Ninepenny King

Quentyn Martell.

For obvious reasons. Even though foolishness is often mistaken for bravery and vice versa, I believe quentyn's act was a mix of both. And in my opinion it takes a fool to be brave. Gonna miss that spunky prince, was rooting for him all the way. Even crossed my mind he was the one who would be born in salt and fire... But who knows tWoW will tell all in 5~7 years.

So many brave characters it's hard to pinpoint who's the bravest. Anyway, one brave character that is definately worth mentioning is Jaime, I know he said a lot of times that he's not afraid of death, but in my opinion no man is not afraid when facing death, which he did, many times.

To start learning swordplay again with his left hand also took a lot of courage, I guess. Many other examples too such as the Brienne in the pit thing, rescuing his brother from the dungeons, telling him the truth, challenging basically every knight in the realm for a x1 hahaha.

I think another character who has shown some balls lately is Bran, I'm mid ADWD so I don't know if he chickens out at the end, but going so far in the north like that it's crazy, I wouldn't do it.

I don't think that he expected to be a hero. He wasn't that naive. He was pissed off at Ned's reaction, because he expected some (well deserved) grattitude from the man whose father and brother he had avanged.

Jaime also saw a "lord's judgement" in Ned's eyes in regards to him breaking his kingsguard oath; a part of Jaime always agreed with Ned which is why he is haunted by Aerys.

oh and in regards to the topic I'll go with anyone who gets up in the morning to face another day in Westeros.

Well, there are the characters that you've all already listed like Jaime, Nedd, Jon. They are mostly warriors, with at least some training..

The person that really surprised me with his bravery was definitely Tyrion in the fight of the Blackwater. A dwarf, filling in a position of the Hand untill his father is back from war, with very little or no expirience in real fighting, leading the attack and the knights that didn't run away? He's highborn, he could've been out of King's Landing in a blink of an eye, but he made a decision to stay; well, that's a crazy mixture of braveness and daddy issues, if you ask me! :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Yeah, except he totally dismantled the five armed guards without breaking a sweat. Something he knew he could do. And if he didn't think he could take Meryn with naught but a wooden sword then why wouldn't he have picked up one of the five swords on the ground around him? Either he had an unnecessary deathwish or he knew(thought) he could handle Meryn without any trouble. Either one takes away form the super-bravery factor.

As far as I can tell he didn't pick up one of he guards because he had literally no idea how to use one. He was a water dancer and had probably never touched a knight's longsword, except via his own blade, so picking one up would have actually hurt his chances, the required styles are completely different.

No one wants to mention the hand after connington? That guy threw his hand away in disgust rather than be a party to an evil plan. He told someone who was violent and dangerous that he was evil and that he would have no part of his evil, despite the physical consequences that might arrive from it. To me that is far more brave than 99% of whats been listed, most of which seemed to be the sort of typical "jump on a grenade" sort of thing.

His name was Lord Qarlton Chelsted, and considering this proves him braver than Barristan Selmy, Arthur Dayne, Jaime Lannister, Gerold Hightower and the rest of Aery's Kingsguard all put together, yeah, I'd say he's in the running.

Jaime Lannister for his attempt to rescue Brienne from the bear pit even though he lost his sword hand.

Also his killing of mad king Aerys which earned him the dubious Kingslayer title. Aerys was obviously mad and destructive towards the end, so it must've taken Jaime some measure of courage to risk his reputation and put an end to Aerys before he could destroy King's Landing.

Jaime Lannister for his attempt to rescue Brienne from the bear pit even though he lost his sword hand.

Also his killing of mad king Aerys which earned him the dubious Kingslayer title. Aerys was obviously mad and destructive towards the end, so it must've taken Jaime some measure of courage to risk his reputation and put an end to Aerys before he could destroy King's Landing.

The Lannister troops were already inside the walls of KL and the one responsible for igniting the wildfire, Lord Rossart, was already killed by Jaime before going to Aerys.

Syrio in his defence of Arya simply to buy her time to hopefully escape was pure courage when he was merely her teacher, not like a sworn sword or official bodyguard or anything like that.

Barristan Selmy, although he was merely carrying out what he was sworn to do, except no one could do it well as him.

• 11 months later...

Nobody beats my man Tyrion in terms of bravery. A dwarf would think twice about fighting against bigger man. But we've already seen Tyrion do just that since GOT. At first during his captivity by Catelyn. He fought against their ambushers. Then the battle at Blackwater in COK. He lead the King's landing against Stannis.

Slapping a king? Killing his own father? Wow. just remarkable.

Archived