American Politics XXII

Tormund Ukrainesbane

You don't think that allowing the senile and the mentally incompetent to vote is equally to blame?

No. I think electing people for positions like that is asking for corruption and personal justice.

And Blauer, you cannot possibly imagine that anyone will take you seriously when you compare Obama to Mao or Osama Bin Laden? Sure, dislike his policies, be clearly and absolutely opposed to his politics, but at least try to show some kind of maturity.

No. I think electing people for positions like that is asking for corruption and personal justice.

And Blauer, you cannot possibly imagine that anyone will take you seriously when you compare Obama to Mao or Osama Bin Laden? Sure, dislike his policies, be clearly and absolutely opposed to his politics, but at least try to show some kind of maturity.

My having used them both previously aside, I was posting them above to say that I understand where they came from (or what they meant)... I'm still confused as to what the frack "Obongo" is supposed to mean.

Obongo is meant to be "Obama + <stereotypical sounding African word>" or something to that effect.

Oooh... I kept picturing a Bongo drum and I was like, "Does he play the drums?"

Okay. So it was just some dumb-frack racist B.S. then? Kind of like the African American guy I work with who recently said that he was going to start dipping marshmallows in a thin layer of milk chocolate and selling them as "Obamas". He said it in a way that begged the question, so I asked him "Why", and he said "Because they're only chocolate on the outside."

So then why keep him? I mean if there is so evidince that the idiots policies are actually stopping crime why keep him?

I often ask this question about Megan's Laws, and the only answer I can come up with is that whether or not these approaches actually reduce crime they make people feel safer, and politicians are all about that.

There are touchy-feely liberal guilt, and there are laws against fraud and the consequences of personal choice.

If you can't seperate the former from the latters, then I feel bad for you and for our society in general.

I am not sure how this statement applies to me, as I have never expressed guilt over the act, nor did I state that he should have succeeded in his gains for insurance fraud. Nor have I stated that there is not consequences for one's actions.

I do feel that this conversation is getting off the topic of American politics and I would be happy to continue it in PM or start a new thread to discuss the causes and effects of suicide.

Sadism and Racism. Its a bummer to think about it but it's really the truth.

Sheriff Joe is about the only public figure in the state who is actually fighting illegal immigration. For people who are against II he's a protest vote, no matter how much of a douche he actually is.

You can't realistically fight illegal immigration without a)arresting mostly bown people and b) upsetting families. For sensitive liberal types A&B translate into racism and sadism.

KB,

Sheriff Joe is about the only public figure in the state who is actually fighting illegal immigration. For people who are against II he's a protest vote, no matter how much of a douche he actually is.

Supporting a Douche over a single issue makes people who support the douche look like douches regardless of their position on the other issues.

You can't realistically fight illegal immigration without a)arresting mostly bown people and b) upsetting families. For sensitive liberal types A&B translate into racism and sadism.

There's a major difference between what your rather clueless second paragraph claims and the truth. The truth is this douche is allowing people to be treated and left in abusive and horrid conditions. If he was just arresting illegals and sending them back over the border it would be a whole different story. He's not, and to side with him is to side with the form of racist, brutal hate mongering this bigot wholeheartedly endorses.

Supporting a Douche over a single issue makes people who support the douche look like douches regardless of their position on the other issues.

What other choice do we have? The government on all levels has decided to stop enforcing immigration laws. Joe's the last (symbolic) gasp of the protest movement.

For those of you who live outside this area, or who are in a higher socio-economic bracket, can't imagine the change that has occurred in the last 5 to 10 years. It has seriously affected all aspects of life, and not for the better.

There's a major difference between what your rather clueless second paragraph claims and the truth. The truth is this douche is allowing people to be treated and left in abusive and horrid conditions. If he was just arresting illegals and sending them back over the border it would be a whole different story. He's not, and to side with him is to side with the form of racist, brutal hate mongering this bigot wholeheartedly endorses.

Sigh. If only he _could_ send them back over the border...

KB,

What other choice do we have? The government on all levels has decided to stop enforcing immigration laws. Joe's the last (symbolic) gasp of the protest movement.

For those of you who live outside this area, or who are in a higher socio-economic bracket, can't imagine the change that has occurred in the last 5 to 10 years. It has seriously affected all aspects of life, and not for the better.

Why is Illegal Immigration more important to you than this Sheriff trampling upon people's civil rights? Abuse of Government power is abuse regardless of the level of government where the abuse exists. This man is abusing his power.

Why is Illegal Immigration more important to you than this Sheriff trampling upon people's civil rights? Abuse of Government power is abuse regardless of the level of government where the abuse exists. This man is abusing his power.

From this story we see that she has 5 kids and works as a house cleaner and tamale maker.

She consumes a lot of services(mostly a large school bill) compared to contributing a tiny bit in taxes. This "ratio" is becoming more and more common.

I believe it's going to cripple our state. We are massively cutting services in the state already and will probably have to jack up taxes as well.

FWIW, I generally like lower/middle class Mexicans better than whites in general, particularly upper class whites. They're far more realistic about life than white suburbanites.

Archived