American Politics XXII

Tormund Ukrainesbane

This lady is a criminal as well. She's driving without a license, has ignored fines and is a shoplifter. While she was too late for the 86 amnesty she probably could have gotten citizenship if she had tried as well.

Totally. We should probably chain her down while she gives birth. That's an appropriate punishment for shoplifting. Maybe after that we could choke her to death in a medieval torture chair. It's no more than she deserves. Seriously dude, you are talking crazy talk.

When you think Scot, Tormund and Swordfish are "Bleeding Heart Liberals", you know your on the wrong side of an issue.

But seriously, don't the horrible conditions Sheriff Joe subjects people to happen in JAIL? And by Jail I mean "The place you go when you are charged with a crime but before you are convicted"?

This lady is a criminal as well. She's driving without a license, has ignored fines and is a shoplifter. While she was too late for the 86 amnesty she probably could have gotten citizenship if she had tried as well. I have no sympathy for her. She was arrested and had to give birth under difficult conditions. I wonder how much she paid for the labor service?

Ya, she is a criminal alright. Apparently guilty of being brown in Arizona. :sick:

When you think Scot, Tormund and Swordfish are "Bleeding Heart Liberals", you know your on the wrong side of an issue.

But seriously, don't the horrible conditions Sheriff Joe subjects people to happen in JAIL? And by Jail I mean "The place you go when you are charged with a crime but before you are convicted"?

It is quite possible most of these abuses are of people who haven't been convicted.

However, I think that many people who have been convicted of lesser crimes where the sentence is less than one year do serve their time in local jails instead of being sent to state prisons.

Of course that doesn't justify their being abused. Just pointing out that some "convicted" people are also housed in jails.

This seems like a good sign.

Jobless claims plummet to 14-month low

Number of initial filers for unemployment insurance sinks to 466,000, the lowest since Sept. 13, 2008.

Especially before the holidays. But I'm no economist. Any thoughts?

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...BfwGZgD9C69SRG0

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration has decided not to sign an international convention banning land mines.

State Department spokesman Ian Kelly said Tuesday that the administration recently completed a review and decided not to change the Bush-era policy.

"We decided that our land mine policy remains in effect," he said.

More than 150 countries have agreed to the Mine Ban Treaty's provisions to end the production, use, stockpiling and trade in mines. Besides the United States, holdouts include: China, India, Pakistan, Myanmar and Russia.

knowing Obama supports children having their legs blown off is kinda killing the whole hope and change feeling I had going on there for a minute.

But, the Obama Admin has today 'decided' to take another look at the US landmine policy because of Sen. Leahy's [sp?] criticism. And they really have to, imo. Not only for the poor PR [which isn't great, let's face it-- not when there were Nobel's awarded for starting this initiative] but also because purportedly the US hasn't used them in war-torn/combat/foreign soil type situations in nigh on 18 years, iirc. What I'm unsure of is whether or not the US are using them as security measures, i.e. no-man's lands around military bases and whatnot. I suspect they do, which might speak to their unwillingness to change their policy and sign the ban.

Even if they change their mind, a very discouraging fail by the Obama Admin.

Nope, he was on that Biggovernment site that Commodore linked the Acorn story from. There are more gems from the posters there if you dare look.

If the douche in question (Sheriff Joe) were actually taking a stand against illegal immigration, or even trying to do anything about it, I might actually be tempted to try and find a way to sympathize with KingBread.

Here's the problem though. He isn't doing anything about illegal immigration, and he isn't interested in doing anything about illegal immigration. He's using it as a hot topic platform for grandstanding and running a smoke and mirrors game with the wilfully ignorant in the populace. He's using it as a mask to hide these sorts of abuses, and he's using it as a means to his own devilish ends.

Sheriff Joe didn't start "arresting illegals" until he was denied funding to build a new jail. The reason cited for the denial of funding was that the existing jails were operating well beneath their maximum capacity. [i apologize, but I could not find the article to link it here - Can someone assist?] Guess what? Now that he's arresting illegals left and right, they are filled to the bursting point! He is also creating a very bad problem (outside of all the lawsuits that his abuses bring in) just by arresting these people. When they are arrested, the expense to the state for their housing and clothing, and feeding increases. He is also creating an even deeper divide between the illegal immigrant population (particularly those from Mexico and South America) that will make any efforts to bring them into American society a thousand fold more difficult.

Oh, and don't think for an instant that he'd have treated a pregnant white meth addict any differently. The man is evil in a way that transcends even racism. Here, enjoy this very informative site.

ETA: Just for the record, the first person to even contemplate calling me a "lliberal" had better be wearing an asbestos suit and running for cover, because the flames, they will be a comin'!

I assume the US makes and sells mines? Or is the government just holding them as an option for future wars?

AFAIK it's this. The US's stance, afaik, has always been "We want to keep our options open.".

Disappointing though. I think Lewis Black said it best:

You sign the fucking treaty. You SIGN IT!

Then we do whatever the hell we want. But PRETEND to care!

Archived