Whats games have you been playing of late? I'm Still Playing Morrowind.

Poobah

Well, they have started doing this on consoles now as well. ;)

Ha. I still can't try out Fallout 3 (and I want to, really bad, believe me) because the PS3 version is the most broken piece of software to come out for that console (according to numerous complaints on official Bethesda forum at least). Looks like I'll need to wait until I buy a new computer (and I'm not buying a xbox just for one game :rolleyes: ) or that broken GOTY edition for PS3 becomes budget-priced so those regular game freezes and crashes won't hurt so much. But still don't know if I want to risk the health of my PS3 for just one game (it's basically a computer so all those random reboots can't be good for it).

I just hope that Bethesda won't screw over the ps3 owners again with Fallout: New Vegas but that is being developed by a different developer so maybe I'll be in luck.

Ha. I still can't try out Fallout 3 (and I want to, really bad, believe me) because the PS3 version is the most broken piece of software to come out for that console (according to numerous complaints on official Bethesda forum at least). Looks like I'll need to wait until I buy a new computer (and I'm not buying a xbox just for one game :rolleyes: ) or that broken GOTY edition for PS3 becomes budget-priced so those regular game freezes and crashes won't hurt so much. But still don't know if I want to risk the health of my PS3 for just one game (it's basically a computer so all those random reboots can't be good for it).

I just hope that Bethesda won't screw over the ps3 owners again with Fallout: New Vegas but that is being developed by a different developer so maybe I'll be in luck.

Don't worry, the xbox version is just as shitty as the ps3 version. ;)

Don't worry, the xbox version is just as shitty as the ps3 version. ;)

I literally have over 100hours into my Fallout 3 on the Xbox360 and can only think of a couple lock ups on it when transitioning to new areas.

Weird. Wonder if it has to do with the Xbox? I have a Jasper core.

I've had at least one corrupted save and a bunch of system crashes. I don't think it's my xbox because it rarely crashes on other games, but FO3 is like every other Bethesda game, a bug-ridden mess.

I'm still in love with Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I've completely unlocked the Medic Kit, now I'm working on the Engineer Kit.

I adore the anti-tank mine. I equip the explosive leg pouch so I can deploy six of these bad boys. It's so much better than trying to kill tanks with a M2CG or M136 or, god forbid, a RPG.

I love being a shotgun-toting medic. Defibrilators are the shit.

I love being a shotgun-toting medic. Defibrilators are the shit.

I sometimes have trouble finding downed allies. I goto the spot marked on the mini map but cannot spot them.

I love switching to the medic kit in close conquest rounds. You can win the game for your team by using the defibrillator.

Not a fan of shotguns. Uzi (engineer kit) is my favorite weapon so far.

I've got the PS3 version and I haven't encountered a single bug. Haven't played it right through mind.

How big is your save file? From what I read on the tech forums it seems like once it gets over 10 MB that's when the game becomes close to unplayable.

Started playing Mass Effect with the intention of getting one of my character's to 60 so I can fully max her out in ME2. Ugh. So much good stuff from ME2 that I already miss. This is going to be a long slog methinks.

A few comments about fallout being bug ridden

Adding another +1 to this being a load of old bollocks. Maxed levels and pretty much explored most things and haven't encountered any of these supposedly prevalent bugs.

Anyways, game wise I've had a good run of late.

Mass effect 2 was great start to finish. Didn't get the gripes about people complaining that it was impossible to have everyone survive the last mission though. Seemed straighforward enough to me first run through. Impressed with how they really nailed it playing as a shooter this time. Talk about an evolution of a genre before ones eyes. I liked how oneof the very end choices played out very much like the first game, take the logical hard man option (e.g. ME1 focus fire on sovreign) and get everyone calling you an asshole. Consistent. Also, it's all about bad parents.

Assasins creed 2 was a great ride too, expanding on the story in a meaningful way and adding in all the things that should have been in the first one anyways. All important was that it was fun too. Remember to turn on the subtitles ASAP for the italian bits.

Gave Star Ocean a go and quite quickly felt like stabbing myself in the face. Traded it in post haste. Everything I hate about the genre with cringe factor turned up to 10.

Lots of love for dragon age as well of course. The experience was fine on the console too. Different to the PC, which Ive tried, but not as much of a problem as the PC cultists will have you believe.

You guys with console systems who want to play Fallout3... play it on PC! It's worth getting a PC for anyway. I just got a Gateway FX laptop for $1,000. Its an amazing computer. You'll be able to play any new-gen game at max graphic options.

And you can't miss Oblivion of course. Such a great game.

Been playing Bioshock 2 lately. One of the best games ever. Great fun. Only thing is the SP is rather short. So I'm trying to complete the game at hard difficulty setting without dying once! So far I've died just 17 times from beginning to end.

Bad Company 2. Beautiful graphics and rock solid gameplay. Too bad you can't play versus bots : (

Total War: Napoleon. One of the most solid and tightest TW games in a long time. Empires was terrible, this one is fun and believable. Medieval 2 was great (and I prefer the medieval era) but at some point even Medieval 2 would turn into mob battles. TWN is much cleaner, formations hold up better and there seems to be more strategy. Only problem I've noticed so far is that artillery seems inaccurate and far too prone to friendly fire.

Adding another +1 to this being a load of old bollocks. Maxed levels and pretty much explored most things and haven't encountered any of these supposedly prevalent bugs.

That makes me a sad panda. I think Bethesda games just hate me. :(

*Correction added.

They both pretty much suck. ;)

You guys with console systems who want to play Fallout3... play it on PC! It's worth getting a PC for anyway. I just got a Gateway FX laptop for $1,000. Its an amazing computer. You'll be able to play any new-gen game at max graphic options.

Picked up an asus g51 recently as well, plays most new games including crysis or whatever it's called on full detail. Wireless keyboard and mouse, 360 wireless controller, plus HDMI into the TV and 5.1 into the stereo makes for a fancy new console. Still I find I'm using the console, go figure.

Anyway, the g51 is cheap and awesome. You should all have one.

So I went and spent the weekend playing the Chaos Rising expansion for Dawn of War II, my summary is as follows.

Price: $29.99 was way too much for the length of the single player campaign (Only something like 10 missions tops). If you play multiplayer matches or Last Stand mode it may be worth the buy however. If I attribute $15 of that as paying for all the patches, fixes, balancing and free additions done to date I can swallow it down like the bitter price it is.

Replayability: Campaign - only really holds weight for two playthroughs obviously. Once staying uncorrupted, and the other explorting the new overpowering corruption mechanics / slight alterations to the plot they create. The storytelling was also far weaker than the original DOW with much of the corruption possibilities not making any sense unless your guy is blatantly intending to turn evil instead of being seduced without realizing it. Not to mention the way it ended did leave things open for future expansions (and races) but at the same time it breaks down like this in my head..

DOW II Vanilla = 20 Chapter novel if played through completely

DOW II Chaos Rising = 1 chapter novel written by someone else.

I can only assume that future releases will be just as costly, each with one extra race added, and with just a tiny portion of the Blood Ravens story being told through it until the very end.

Multiplayer - I haven't done much with standard multiplayer but having an extra faction is bound to shake up the ladders. I did however play at least 18 hours of Last Stand mode using a Chaos Sorcerer and so far have had a blast.

Picked up an asus g51 recently as well, plays most new games including crysis or whatever it's called on full detail. Wireless keyboard and mouse, 360 wireless controller, plus HDMI into the TV and 5.1 into the stereo makes for a fancy new console. Still I find I'm using the console, go figure.

Anyway, the g51 is cheap and awesome. You should all have one.

Wow yeah. I've been looking at some asus machines recently and they really do seem great value for money. I keep thinking, though, what's the catch?

Archived