Whats games have you been playing of late? I'm Still Playing Morrowind.

Poobah

Still waiting on God of War 3. I bought the God of War Collection, which took the first two games and updated them to HD resolution. I plan on going through those about a week before number 3 comes out, so I will have an unbroken chain of GoW awesomeness.

Same plan. Although I don't have the HD versions. Will try to beat both in an epic two weekend marathon. But will probably break my controller by the time I get to the "Revolving Spike Towers of Hell" (in GoW 1) I truly hate those spikes with a passion. Don't know how I got past them the first time.

Got Napolean Total war. I've still to find the time to play Medieval Total War (plus the expansion) not to mention Empire total war. I guess I just wanted to fight battles, not micromanage towns and stuff. Last Total war game I really played was the original Medieval.

But anyway, ever since I first saw Shogun Total War, I've dreamed of recreating the battle of Waterloo on such an awesome game engine. And today, that dream came true.

In order to play as the British, I had to set up a multiplayer game with the CPU assigned to play the French and Prussions. Good stuff. I technically won despite my army being completely routed - I watched the few remaining prussians and french trade a few half-hearted shots at each other until the timer ran out. But it still counted as a victory. I'm tempted to replay it as a 4x4 multiplayer (CPU controlling the other units) with me controlling one of the British sides, hopefully that means even more carnage.

the game seems stable, and reports from a lot of total war fans suggest they consider the game superior to Empire.

Just got Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (X360) last night.

The multiplayer on Xbox LIVE has been awesome so far. I've only played one night but I've experienced plenty of holy shit moments. Using C4 with the Assault Kit is worth the price of admission.

Anyone else got this game? What do you think?

But will probably break my controller by the time I get to the "Revolving Spike Towers of Hell" (in GoW 1) I truly hate those spikes with a passion. Don't know how I got past them the first time.

I started up GoW last night (couldn't hold it off) and found myself unable to stop. Suddenly it's four in the morning and I've completed the game.

Those fucking spikes, though, man. I hate that whole area. I'm convinced it wasn't play tested, because who enjoys that shit? It took me a little under eight hours to beat GoW, but I swear to God that 1.5 hours went into trying to get through Hades. What kind of person, after dying one hundred times doing the same goddamn thing over and over again thinks to themselves "Wow! This is soooo much fun! This is the kind of challenge I love!" Because fuck them in the ear with a floppy dildo, that's just insane.

I almost believe that the developers conferred with each other, and decided that GoW was just way too much fun and attractive and so randomly hurled a turd in the soup, just to bring it down to a more realistic level of enjoyment.

I saved at the end of that stage so I'll never have to repeat that again. It gives me a headache thinking what that stage is like on Titan mode. Jesus.

I just got hold of an old favourite, Microprose's Magic:The Gathering, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it, although some opponents are really hard when you start out in Shandalar. Nostalgia ftw!

I've made the executive decision I can't afford XIII until it's dropped in price a bit, so I'm trying to FINALLY finish XII (started playing two years after it came out, put it down six months ago for no real reason)... but I keep being distracted by sidequests... but getting hold of Chaos this evening was fun.

The multiplayer on Xbox LIVE has been awesome so far. I've only played one night but I've experienced plenty of holy shit moments. Using C4 with the Assault Kit is worth the price of admission.

Yep got this one today. Have only had time to play RUSH for a couple of hours so far but it is, of course, badass. Gonna crank some Conquest a bit later.

Yup. Looks like Ubisoft's validation server got hit by a DOS attack. New customers can't access the server = cannot play a game that requires active internet connection for its single player. I said it before and will say it again all these heavy DRM measures always have a way of backfiring and biting the companies who implement them where it hurts most, profits :thumbsdown: .

Yup. Looks like Ubisoft's validation server got hit by a DOS attack.

I dunno. Sure, they say they're being attacked, but the also say that the downtime was only affecting 5% of their users. The hell kind of denial of service attack would work that way?

My money's on them just fucking it up. Has there ever been an MMO that didn't fuck up launch week? Well, there you go, then.

I have it and like it so far but I'm playing on a PC.

I dunno. Sure, they say they're being attacked, but the also say that the downtime was only affecting 5% of their users. The hell kind of denial of service attack would work that way?

My money's on them just fucking it up. Has there ever been an MMO that didn't fuck up launch week? Well, there you go, then.

Yup. My money is on your theory. Also. WTF? I mean, it's not that those who download games illegaly care about these measures, but paying customers are the ones who are being screwed. I wanted to buy AC2 for PC, but hell, not like this.

These companies are really funny. They think, that if they implant hard-ass DRM's, piracy is going to decrease, but I bet that the opposite happens.

Yup. My money is on your theory. Also. WTF? I mean, it's not that those who download games illegaly care about these measures, but paying customers are the ones who are being screwed. I wanted to buy AC2 for PC, but hell, not like this.

These companies are really funny. They think, that if they implant hard-ass DRM's, piracy is going to decrease, but I bet that the opposite happens.

I've bought several legitimate copies of games only to be screwed over by DRM.

This, as well as companies releasing broken games only to patch them a week later, has completely turned me off PC gaming. I mostly play on consoles now.

This, as well as companies releasing broken games only to patch them a week later, has completely turned me off PC gaming. I mostly play on consoles now.

Well, they have started doing this on consoles now as well. ;)

I'm still in love with Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I've completely unlocked the Medic Kit, now I'm working on the Engineer Kit.

I adore the anti-tank mine. I equip the explosive leg pouch so I can deploy six of these bad boys. It's so much better than trying to kill tanks with a M2CG or M136 or, god forbid, a RPG.

Archived