College Basketball

S John

Alright, Kansas, very funny. I get it, now step on their throats

We don't start playing until Coach Self gives them a good yellin' at.

After we got that this game we had a nice little 15-0 run.

ETA: Carrington is throwing up junk and it keeps going in...

"I sense much fear in you."

No fear, just frustration. Those bastards just don't know they need to rollover and taking their beating.

(and the refs calling so many tickytack fouls - on both teams - is really messing with the flow of the game)

Lets fight Racers Onto the Goal! Put the ball o'er the line!!!!

:bowdown:

:cheers:

:)

I think you're playing the wrong sport, there, Rhom :P. But congrats; I actually picked Murray State to win that one thanks to you.

Yep, my bracket is fucked. Georgetown... are you kidding me?

Ditto... there goes my Elite Eight pick. I really thought that was a solid team.

Georgetown might've been the most inconsistent team in the nation. Capable of beating and losing to anyone. This just proves it. Still absurd.

I had them winning my work bracket. It sucks to be out of on the very first freaking night.

Yeah. I couldn't pick them over Kansas but if they'd been in another quadrant they might've been Final Four in my bracket. I'm actively worried about picking the Fighting SJohns for the Final Four now. What if the Big East... isn't good?

The Cats looked good and Eric Bledsoe broke Tony Delk's record for 3's in a NCAA tourney game by hitting 8 of 'em last night. If only Bledsoe could have set the record in the national title game like Delk did!!! :lol: Wake slipped past Texas last night after my bedtime, so I didn't get to watch them. I really have been focused on Texas all week, so now I need to shift gears. I know Wake has solid guard play, but has been very inconsistent through the year. I'm looking forward to seeing if we can put up two solid games in a row.

I think you're playing the wrong sport, there, Rhom :P. But congrats; I actually picked Murray State to win that one thanks to you.

Unfortunately, I think almost all college fight songs are written with football in mind. Even Kentucky's lyrics include "Kick, pass, and run till the battle is won and we bring home the victory." I want some basketball specific fight song lyrics!!! :tantrum:

Yeah. I couldn't pick them over Kansas but if they'd been in another quadrant they might've been Final Four in my bracket. I'm actively worried about picking the Fighting SJohns for the Final Four now. What if the Big East... isn't good?

UofL did win 9 games in that conference with OOC losses to the likes of UNLV, Charlotte, and Western Carolina. If Cal manages to beat them in the 8/9 game today, that will give the Pac-10 a 2-0 record against the Big East in the tourney! :stunned: And that's from a conference that was widely regarded as a 1 bid league

ETA: Just saw that Onuaku won't play versus Vermont. That could be potentially worrisome. I wonder if they're just holding him out because they can win this one without him, or if the injury is bad enough that he can't play at all.

It's a good thing that Gtown had such a tough bracket. I was rooting for them, but I actually couldn't have them past tOSU, so the damage wasn't devastating. All of my elite 8 teams are still in, so apparently it was a good day for me. My gf was not happy though. I won't get to hear the Georgetown fight song for another year, which is a shame because it is adorable.

Watching that game, I couldn't tell how much of it was poor defense and how much was just Ohio making shots. Definitely some of both, but Ohio had an absolutely great night. They were making tough runners and half-open 3s consistently. Tennessee better watch out.

Just so everyone can brush up before the Butler game... behold the Murray State Racers

Particularly because it calls out teams that Georgetown never plays any more, like Yale and Holy Cross. True rivals those...

You know a song is old when it calls out schools like Yale and Harvard as if they were powerhouses!

Centre College in Danville, Kentucky still brags about beating Harvard 6-0 in 1921 as the biggest win in school history.

Just goes to show ya, you can't believe everything you read.

I recall one article in particular where the author said that Ohio had 'no chance' against G'Town. I think it was either Pat Forde or Andy Katz. My damn brackets are blocked at work so I can't check at the moment, but I don't think I had G'Town advancing past the elite 8 in any of them, so last nights collossal bed-shitting shouldn't screw me up too bad.

Anyway, yea, rough day for the Big east, though I do expect today to be better.

The Mountaineers got off to a slow start but ultimately crushed Morgan State, which makes them the only Big East team to turn in a dominating preformance thus far.

Looks like Pitt is struggling a bit against Oakland. Though, like Notre Dame, I won't be shedding any tears if Shittsburgh lays an egg. Looks like theyre about to get the game under control though. The only Big East team that I'm concerned about today is Louisville.

Not so w/ UK's new players. Wall and Cousins have been as good as advertised. Bledsoe has probably been even better. And then what would you say about Orton?

Orton has been huge in a lot of ways. I think Cal hit it perfectly when he was on ESPN radio the other day. He was talking about Orton and he said "He was recruited by Billy Gillispie and told that he'd be the man when he got here. Then I came on board and next thing you know, there's this beast DeMarcus Cousins. A lot of guys would have been upset and cause problems by not buying in. But not Daniel." He gives us a lot of quality depth. Considering that he didn't play at all during his senior year of high school (blew out a knee), I have high hopes for him in the coming years.

There's not a doubt in my mind that Bledsoe has been better than advertised. In some ways, so is Cousins. At the beginning of the year, the knock on him was that he was lazy and unteachable. Not so much anymore. Its been a truly special class.

Georgia Tech/OSU has been quite a good game so far.

In other news, Jeremy Tyler, the kid who skipped out on his senior season of high school to go play ball and 'prepare himself for the NBA' has given up:

It's really too bad that Tyler chose to go to Israel. He would have been a highly recruited prospect, then would have attended college for a year, then been a top draft pick just from staying in the system. Instead, he's exiled in San Diego, unsure of his future.

So Day 2 was not as exciting as Day 1. Louisville shit the bed last night against Cal; and the Pac 10 officially gets bragging rights over the Big East. I'm stunned. I thought Washington and California would both get flushed in the first round. Perhaps the west coast wasn't quite as putrid as everyone thought. I watched some of Oklahoma State and GaTech last night before I fell asleep during the Michigan State game. Travis Ford's team played well most of the game, but really came unglued late. Its a shame, but I think he has them headed in the right direction.

Saturday's games don't interest me quite as much. Murray State vs Butler is obviously one that I'll be watching closely. The Racers should be able to get the job done if they come out focused like they did for Vandy. Tennessee vs Ohio could be good if the Bobcats come out like they did against Georgetown.

Seasons are coming to an end and the coaching carosel is starting to turn. Reports say that Auburn is looking for someone with experience. Tubby Smith's name seems to be at the top of their list, but Mike Anderson and Chuck Person are both interesting candidates too.

Wow. I don't even care about my bracket anymore...happy to see St. Mary's take Villanova out. :D

That's kind of where I'm at too. I'm betting the Big East doesn't get 8 teams in next year.

Right now, I'm just hoping Murray has one more run in them!

I'd be lieing if I said I wasn't at least a little disappointed; but you can't turn it over 20 times and expect to win at this level.

A great season for Murray overall.

Archived