The Wire

jurble

Of all the characters Daniels probably did the least objectionable shit during the series.Before the series began? He was probably worse. But during the time we knew him he seemed like the straightest arrow. Kima and Lester are also good but the latter went off the deep end and the former had her own personal problems. But I don't know if that should matter. Previous corruption trumps infidelity.

And when we say Daniels during the series, we shouldn't apply the whole series. His first season is basically him just trying to climb the ladder to get promoted. Then, of course, he changes and becomes the Daniels who is trying to accomplish something.

Agreed about Colvin. He is definitely less grey than Daniels.

And as I said before. I wouldn't be surprised if first season Kima took money under the table and took her rights too far on criminal. That's why it went against character when she told Daniels. She didn't seem so clean that she could be that self-righteous herself.

What about relocating that old lady who woke up one morning and found herself surrounded by Hamsterdam in all its glory?

Well, letting an old lady stay at her neighbourhood or help hundreds of other people? The choice is pretty easy here.

Making some people move to bring that change is not in the slightest something bad. It wasn't like he hurt them. He just made them move.

What about relocating that old lady who woke up one morning and found herself surrounded by Hamsterdam in all its glory?

well. i dont remember that

and really, she woke up to find peaceful trade going on? the horror

I don't generally like to try to mind-read a creator's motivation, but my strong suspicion here is that Simon's history with the Baltimore Sun clouded his objectivity when it came to creating those characters.

Very true, but his working with the police Ed Burns, Jay Landsman, and others, and hanging out with Gary, DeAndre and the rest of the Corner surely clouded his objectivity with their stories the big differents being he had wrote about before, during, and after, while he wrote about the "reporters" years after.

He has said that he had always planned on about the Newspaper business, in the fifth season, but IMO it did not gell with rest of the show, unlike other seasons when new story lines were brought in to it, but keep most of the same cast on the other points. IF they had keep a reporter or 2 during the earlier season, who we knew thru out, and brought them to the fore front in season 5, would have been better all the way around.

Are we really going to have to start a new thread for a show that has been off the air for 5 years?

And as I said before. I wouldn't be surprised if first season Kima took money under the table and took her rights too far on criminal. That's why it went against character when she told Daniels. She didn't seem so clean that she could be that self-righteous herself.

First season Kima refused to name Wee-Bey on her own shooting because she couldn't honestly ID him. She's never been close to dirty, not even the mildest implication.

First season Kima refused to name Wee-Bey on her own shooting because she couldn't honestly ID him. She's never been close to dirty, not even the mildest implication.

She did beat the shit out of Bodie, but she probably considered that "right". There are rules, you don't hit cops, if you do you get your shit kicked in. Such is justice.

I didn't see Kima telling Daniels about McNulty and Freamon's shenanigans as out of character, for the reasons mentioned, but also because I think she had an appreciation for what Daniels was willing to do in taking the Dept in the right direction, and didn't want him to get burned on it by association.

Archived