NYC Game of Thrones premier party?

fitheach

Bigtime lurker here, but if there's an NYC meetup, I'd come out of the shadows. :)

Just sauntered by the HBO store today to check out the costumes and props...they look amazing! Anybody who can reasonably get there should definitely have a look. Hopefully they'll get the women's tees in soon enough.

So, HBO had a premier NYC at the Ziegfeld theater (which is an enormous theater) for Mildred Pierce. Is there any word yet on where the premier will be held in NYC? If it's at the Ziegfeld, there would definitely be room to invite NYC BwB fans. Should I just email HBO and ask?

I'm still hoping HBO will invite us, I'm perfectly happy to go through the back (or non celebrity) entrance...:thumbsup:

Edit: I just ordered HBO.

The Game of Thrones Food Truck has started making its rounds! Today's menu, inspired by King's Landing, will feature trout and rabbit, with lemon cakes for dessert. 300 servings, first come, first served!

It'll be somewhere around Union Square at 6PM, will update when they release the exact location. Photos and reports would be very cool to see, too.

The Game of Thrones Food Truck has started making its rounds! Today's menu, inspired by King's Landing, will feature trout and rabbit, with lemon cakes for dessert. 300 servings, first come, first served!

It'll be somewhere around Union Square at 6PM, will update when they release the exact location. Photos and reports would be very cool to see, too.

Too bad I didn't know about it -- I wasn't far from Union Square at that time.

I did stop by the HBO store to take some pics of the costumes and props on display. A nice store employee snapped my photo with Jon's Night's Watch garb and the Kingsguard Armor (the shield on the floor in front of it leads to me belive that it is supposed to be Jaime's, but I can't confirm it).

I was at the food truck last night -- line all the way down the block and growing. Mr. X had a show at 7pm and so I couldn't wait around in line for food. I'll post pics as soon as I get them off of my camera.

Mr. X and I, and some friends, will be tracking down the truck tonight. :thumbsup:

I've thought about tracking down the food truck after work while I'm in Brooklyn with subway access, but I feel pretty confident I wouldn't love any food but the lemoncakes :x

Maybe on Friday when it doesn't matter what time I get home.

If you need any food ideas, or missed out on the GoT food trucks, come over to Inn at the Crossroads for some great recipes. We are slowly cooking and baking our way through the edibles of Martin's world, and posting our recipes online. They're based on medieval recipes, and almost everything has been shockingly good.

I can't promise fiery Dornish snake any time soon, but we are planning to do a post on great premiere party foods! :)

Is there any sort of watch party happening in NYC? Either for the premiere or regularly for the series? I don't have cable, so I need to find someplace to watch.

I'm kind of surprised the BwB isn't doing something for it. Is that true?

Is there any sort of watch party happening in NYC? Either for the premiere or regularly for the series? I don't have cable, so I need to find someplace to watch.

I'm kind of surprised the BwB isn't doing something for it. Is that true?

I wanted to do a weekly GoT night at a pub in Manhattan, but it turns out that it's illeagal for bars and restaurants to have premium cable- so the kabosh was put on that idea. The problem with NYC and it's borroughs is the space issue. Most of us don't have large enough apartments to have more than a few ppl over- and no one who has a house (or large apartment) has offered... As far as I know, no one has heard anything about a NYC HBO premier. Sorry :-(.

Fitheach has the right of it -- the truth is, there are not many options or places where 30 or 40 people (or 100) could crowd around a TV to watch the show in NYC. Fitheach already tried to find a bar for it, no dice. And none of us, that I know of, has a living space large enough to hold more than 10 people. Due to the layout of our place, we would be lucky to fit 8, and then there's the problem of not having a proper TV. ;)

So, those who are going to watch the premier will be doing so in smaller groups, rather than in one big group. If anyone wants to meet at a bar after the premier, awesome. Mr. X and I will be out of town (wooo vacation!), and thus we won't be up for organizing anything, but that shouldn't stop those of you who will be in town, if you feel so inclined.

For those who don't have HBO, maybe start a new thread and see if there are any parties going on that might have an extra space on the couch?

Or do what I used to do: find a friend with HBO, buy a six-pack of their favorite beer, and convince them that even if they're not into the show, they'll still get some beer out of the deal. :cheers:

For those who don't have HBO, maybe start a new thread and see if there are any parties going on that might have an extra space on the couch?

Or do what I used to do: find a friend with HBO, buy a six-pack of their favorite beer, and convince them that even if they're not into the show, they'll still get some beer out of the deal. :cheers:

I assumed if anyone had space they were willing to offer they'd have replied to this thread, or sent me a message. Since I'm new to the city, I don't know anyone here with cable, or inviting myself over their place would have been my first choice.

BTW: Do the mods silently delete posts on this forum? I replied to this thread, but now my post is missing, and my post count is off by one.

I assumed if anyone had space they were willing to offer they'd have replied to this thread, or sent me a message. Since I'm new to the city, I don't know anyone here with cable, or it would have been my first choice.

BTW: Do the mods silently delete posts on this forum? I replied to this thread, but now my post is missing, and my post count is off by one.

I suggest you throw your own party. That's what the BWB is and what we do. See a need for a party and fill it!

I assumed if anyone had space they were willing to offer they'd have replied to this thread, or sent me a message. Since I'm new to the city, I don't know anyone here with cable, or inviting myself over their place would have been my first choice.

Second query first: While I didn't delete your comment (that all seems to have happened while I was in the subway), we do delete comments that break the rules. In this case, it was because you mentioned piracy, a topic that we're strict about moderating.

Now, for the first query: Honestly, it's just safer to assume that most NYC BwB haven't read this thread all the way to the end. But if you post a very specific request in a new thread, you might have better luck finding someone who has HBO and needs beer. :)

Archived